IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I'm curious, is it my imagination, or are there a larger number of legacy cards being dumped lately? Could it have anything to do with the TIPI already?

No, no, it is your imagination's penchant for concluding the latest-and-greatest attracts everyone so they have to throw out the old since the new is so awesome.

Meant in a good way, your enthusiasm is refreshing. But the reality is there is a market for old cards, so if not using them why not make a few bucks? If I decide to sell my BwG it will be because I want to make up for the new controller I hope to pick up.

• Like 1

NICE looking 1536k Horizon RAMDisk in this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1632196128811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=163219612881&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is the second one he has up for sale.I got the first one last week and am looking forward to its arrival. Also got the gramulator card. For me this year is the best year for getting TI and Tutor gear so far, so very pleased with that. If only I could find more time to play with it :-)

This is the second one he has up for sale.I got the first one last week and am looking forward to its arrival. Also got the gramulator card. For me this year is the best year for getting TI and Tutor gear so far, so very pleased with that. If only I could find more time to play with it :-)

I am trying to justify one of the Horizon RAMDisks. Really hard. Definitely seen a lot of attractive TI hardware recently.

Horizons are great. I've got 5. Two need the fix for ROS and one of these days I'm going to ask Marc if he will max them out for me and make the fix. If Ksarul comes out with more Horizons I will get more.

No doubt about it, it's a cool little device. A couple of years ago I would have bought one, if I had found one at an affordable price. Considering the fast load times with M@'s new device, it's much lower price, and all the extras it offers, I simply can not justify popping for a RAM disk. From a nostalgia or collectors viewpoint I can see how some would still covet one though.

Uh oh. I bought the CorComp 512K card from him. I haven't received it yet. I have never had any dealings with him before.

I hope he packs yours better than he packed mine. It came in a large bubble-padded envelope, which contains the manual, the Disk Manager 2 module, and another smaller bubble-padded envelope containing the card and a bunch of loose, rattling pieces.

There are not enough expletives to apply here.

I hope he packs yours better than he packed mine. It came in a large bubble-padded envelope, which contains the manual, the Disk Manager 2 module, and another smaller bubble-padded envelope containing the card and a bunch of loose, rattling pieces.

This can be fixed im sure.. but if you do a ebay complaint they will want you to return it.. ask the seller to refund money without return if you can

This can be fixed im sure.. but if you do a ebay complaint they will want you to return it.. ask the seller to refund money without return if you can

I made it clear I want a discount for his negligent packaging for a 30 year-old item which is now in an unknown disposition or I want to return it exactly as I received it.

Sooooooo angry.

• Like 1

I made it clear I want a discount for his negligent packaging for a 30 year-old item which is now in an unknown disposition or I want to return it exactly as I received it.

Sooooooo angry.

A tragic waste! Unfortunately I won't know how my CorComp board fared until Saturday when I get home from a work trip. I received a TI disk controller once with the card edge connector cracked right off. The internal connector worked fine, though.

A tragic waste! Unfortunately I won't know how my CorComp board fared until Saturday when I get home from a work trip. I received a TI disk controller once with the card edge connector cracked right off. The internal connector worked fine, though.

It really upsets me when people treat equipment like this with such disrespect. There are old devices, sure, but when they command top-dollar for working items you think people would want to make sure the items arrive in the same condition they leave. Flippantly throwing stuff into under-sized boxes (one guy sent me a TI console in a Priority Mail box, bulging out the ends) or putting fragile items in nothing more than bubble padding just infuriates me.

I think about some of the stuff I have sold and how I packed it. I always try to treat my items with the best packaging warranted, and while sometimes even that is not enough I at least try and if I fail I work closely with the customer to make it right. I at least know I have not shipped anything and had the customer receive it and have to curse me because of shoddy packaging.

• Like 2

An envelope?! There is no excuse for packaging a card in an envelope, padded or not, when what is inside could be so easily damaged. Did you open the smaller envelope to determine the extent of the damage? Ugh.

An envelope?! There is no excuse for packaging a card in an envelope, padded or not, when what is inside could be so easily damaged. Did you open the smaller envelope to determine the extent of the damage? Ugh.

I did. There are pieces of the case inside the inner envelope and more pieces rattling around inside. He answered me and was surprised since he "didn’t realize the thing was so fragile inside. It was double wrapped." :roll:

At this point it is a gamble for $250, and if it requires repair I am out that, as well. I really wanted this card.