TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Ebay TI-99/4A

4293 replies to this topic

#4151 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 921 posts

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:41 PM

I just bought a Myarc 512K card from him for use with a TI since I modified my other 512K card for the Geneve.  It arrived Tuesday while I was out of town and will be getting home this evening.  

Very easy to work with.

Beery

#4152 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,736 posts

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:48 PM

Wait, Zach has unopened Myarc stuff?

#4153 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 921 posts

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:57 PM

I'm pretty sure it was unopened.  This is a copy of some text he sent me:  

I don’t have any Geneve stuff. I have a mpes/50 system mini peripheral expansion, 512k ram expansion for ti, actually have 5 of them.....256k memory expansion for ti, 32 memory expansion for ti. I do have a the original sales promo sheets for the geneve computer you are looking for. 

I inquired about a Geneve, but he did not have any more of those as they had been previously sold.

Beery

#4154 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

Quadrunner

• 5,277 posts

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:01 PM

I got one of the 256K expansions from him a couple of years ago to use with Myarc Extended BASIC II.

#4155 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,736 posts

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:55 PM

:o

#4156 HOME AUTOMATION OFFLINE  

HOME AUTOMATION

Moonsweeper

• 435 posts

Posted Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:12 PM

I volunteer. Seriously, I did inventory Joy Electronics for Mr. deCordova way back when. Helped him adjust some of his pricing too before he sold it all to Mike D.

I placed several orders with Joy Electronics, I miss my talks with Mr. deCordova. My neighbor Joy saw these and said she was Jealous they were using her name:

Attached File  EXTRAS.JPG   119.21KB   4 downloads

P.S. It's good to be loved! :D

#4157 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,525 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:36 AM

The King is alive !

https://www.ebay.com...0?ul_noapp=true

Attached File  King-Alive-Elvis.JPG   130.42KB   3 downloads

#4158 Flottmann1 OFFLINE  

Flottmann1

Chopper Commander

• 155 posts

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:16 AM

yeah, great Auction from Elvis, but he don't sell to Germany , although he was stationed here in Germany  :)

Edited by Flottmann1, Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:08 AM.

#4159 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 3,116 posts

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:53 AM

I got one of the 256K expansions from him a couple of years ago to use with Myarc Extended BASIC II.

Can it use the extra memory for BASIC?

#4160 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,353 posts

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:16 PM

Can it use the extra memory for BASIC?

Only in myarc extended basic ii, otherwise it's a transitory ram disk (no battery) and print buffer other than the first 32k which is the ti 32k ram..

Greg

#4161 BeeryMiller OFFLINE  

BeeryMiller

Dragonstomper

• 921 posts

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:32 PM

Myarc wrote Extended Basic 2 with a host of new features over TI Extended Basic.  It was written in assembly and was faster than Grom.  For years, I ran a BBS from Myarc XBII back in the mid to late 80's in XBII (V2.10) and it was VERY VERY Fast.

I think the minimum Myarc memory card required was a 128K card to use Extended Basic 2.  With extended basic 2, you had an 8K ram cartridge at >6000 the DSR on the card at powerup of the system would load a rom header allowing you to select XBII.  I believe the files were like 7 files 8K in length for loading.  There was something like 56K'ish as I recall for programming if memory serves me correctly. 

What I do not know was how that memory was paged around or what address space it could occupy.  I do have a copy of the manual, as well as I am pretty sure the CYC has a copy of the manual.  I checked on Whtech under the Manuals>Hardware>Myarc and there is a reference to a website that had the information, however the link is not good.

I want to say how to access the memory was never documented by Myarc however there may be references someone has done on either decoding or disassembling the DSR for the card.  I'm fairly sure the DSR has been disassembled to some level of detail, but I do not recall where I have seen that information posted.  Myself, I will soon be disassembling a portion of the DSR that supports XBII to setup a FinalGrom cartridge XBII cartridge that has the loader installed from the powerup routine.  That way, I do not need to swap module cartridges around.  For the most part, I think it is just finding the piece of code in the powerup that does a block copy of an address range in the DSR to the RAM starting at >6000.  I do not think it is much more than a few hundred bytes.

Just to note..... This is not going to allow non-Myarc 512K card users to run XBII.  It will only allow a FinalGrom user with the Myarc 512K card to have a "module" they can use without doing a cartridge swap.  I am pretty sure this is possible as I think I did something very similar in the 80's, however, I can not find that file.  I will  probably try to have both XBII and E/A as the "module".  I hope that makes sense.

If someone knows where details are for paging on the Myarc 512K card, please leave a post on where that information may be found.

Beery

#4162 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 3,116 posts

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 PM

Does anyone have a manual for Myarc Extended BASIC II? 

#4163 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

River Patroller

• 2,435 posts

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:37 PM

If someone knows where details are for paging on the Myarc 512K card, please leave a post on where that information may be found.

Beery

Myarc128/512K CRU paging information is in the first section.

This hardware compendium might be a valuable reference doc to add to one of the pinned posts. :)

Attached Files

#4164 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,353 posts

Posted Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:42 PM

Here's aperture from the ti basic contest running in xbii https://youtu.be/BSMrp8gwwl4

Much faster than in ti basic! And shows of xbii being able to run ti basic programs without mods

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

#4165 retroclouds OFFLINE  

retroclouds

Stargunner

• 1,698 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:19 AM

Myarc128/512K CRU paging information is in the first section.

This hardware compendium might be a valuable reference doc to add to one of the pinned posts. :)

Nice! I will add it to the development thread. Thank you! :-)

#4166 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 3,116 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:22 AM

Does anyone have a manual for Myarc Extended BASIC II? 

I found the manual and the disk, but there also appears to be a cartridge that I can't find anywhere? I would like to try it in MAME.

#4167 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,353 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:35 AM

I found the manual and the disk, but there also appears to be a cartridge that I can't find anywhere? I would like to try it in MAME.

Its not a cart however it needs ram at 6000 the xb2 cart is just a ram cart. The xbii dsr rom in the memory card loads a loader there. I used my gram kracker with the write protect off. So you could do the same in mame.

#4168 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 3,116 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:03 AM

Its not a cart however it needs ram at 6000 the xb2 cart is just a ram cart. The xbii dsr rom in the memory card loads a loader there. I used my gram kracker with the write protect off. So you could do the same in mame.

Thanks, got it working with a Supercart. It's a very nice BASIC, and fast. The SIZE command shows 24K available for each string, variable and program, so 72K in total.

#4169 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Stargunner

• 1,084 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:27 AM

Great Scott! It would be awesome to see a game or utility written for Myarc XBII. The only one I have is Ram Boot which I do use.

#4170 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,353 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:30 AM

Great Scott! It would be awesome to see a game or utility written for Myarc XBII. The only one I have is Ram Boot which I do use.

Perhaps a topic of its own is in order

#4171 fimbulvetr OFFLINE  

fimbulvetr

Star Raider

• 82 posts

Posted Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:06 PM

ti-99/4, no a, buy it now for $75

https://www.ebay.ca/...er/123661334361

#4172 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 4,353 posts

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:33 AM

ti-99/4, no a, buy it now for $75

https://www.ebay.ca/...er/123661334361

And gone

#4173 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 10,736 posts

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:17 AM

That was about the nicest one I've seen...

#4174 fimbulvetr OFFLINE  

fimbulvetr

Star Raider

• 82 posts

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:07 AM

Yeah, I was seriously tempted but shipping to Canada was nuts and Ive spent too much on this hobby lately to justify a collectors item.

#4175 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

>OLD CS1█

• 6,109 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:15 PM

It did look nice, but I would need a power supply. I mean, I guess I could fashion my own... but that seems like work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ebay, TI-99/4A

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users