IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

My Co-Worker saw the link and snatched it up quick. LOL

He just asked me for the software but I do not have it.

Does anyone know where he can possibly get the software for it?

It would be in the development resources pinned topic at the top of the forum.

It's one of the earliest ones they made too--as those had the tan/brownish clamshells. Later they switched to black, and the last ones didn't have a clamshell at all. I seem to remember that there was an issue with the FDC chip in the first batch they built--the chips were from a lot that had some serious QC problems and they switched them out with a daughter board with a different FDC chip on it due to a temporary shortage of the original chip. They then just stayed with the substitute and incorporated it directly into later boards.

It's one of the earliest ones they made too--as those had the tan/brownish clamshells. Later they switched to black, and the last ones didn't have a clamshell at all. I seem to remember that there was an issue with the FDC chip in the first batch they built--the chips were from a lot that had some serious QC problems and they switched them out with a daughter board with a different FDC chip on it due to a temporary shortage of the original chip. They then just stayed with the substitute and incorporated it directly into later boards.

I don't think you scrolled down far enough and I don't think you're talking about CorComp—they only used gray-painted clamshells. By the looks of the label, it is certainly one of CC's first ever—9/27/84, #5 !! :-o

...lee

[EDIT: strike-through per Tim's comments below]

Edited by Lee Stewart

I don't think you scrolled down far enough and I don't think you're talking about CorComp—they only used gray-painted clamshells. By the looks of the label, it is certainly one of CC's first ever—9/27/84, #5 !! :-o

...lee

There are/were indeed multiple clamshell colors/types used by CorComp. The black and beige (I suppose tan is more accurate) were the two colors I ran across most often during my days at Cecure. TI Clamshells are usually the heavier beige and "black", both of which have conductive nubs that must be cut or taped if used with some non-TI cards. Then there are the Myarc plastic varieties of which there were both beige and black. I probably missed one or two and oddly enough, I don't recall grey though my internal pallete may be slightly obscured by the years. ;)

Edited by InsaneMultitasker

I had to take out the trash so I snapped a few pics from my work area.

post-25764-0-39295100-1397695893_thumb.jpg

Three different CorComp cards. The cases all appear to be constructed pretty much the same.

post-25764-0-42114200-1397695907_thumb.jpg

This black case has a slightly different texture, less metallic, than the 2nd variety. However, it is the only one with a TI logo (in my posession). The hole is there from a previously modified Geneve; I moved my HFDC into the case to utilize the case's heat sink quality (which isn't as good as an aluminum case by better than plastic)

post-25764-0-72160600-1397695914_thumb.jpg

The silver color is my favorite. Nearly indestructible. ;)

post-25764-0-51586200-1397695900_thumb.jpg

Two Myarc plastic varieties. I think there is a third formulation but that particular case is (and will remain) in my Geneve Tower. The clasps that hold the case together become very brittle with age and heat. My few remaining Myarc cases are nearly unusable.

post-25764-0-95607000-1397695923_thumb.jpg

The logo I mentioned earlier.

EDIT: removed excess quoted text

Edited by InsaneMultitasker
  • Like 1