IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

To do that with the equipment I have the manual will no longer be pristine (I would have to break it apart into its component pages.) But, I think it is a worthy sacrifice. I will work on that this weekend.

Before I opened it today I was asked what I planned to do with it. I said, "use it! And anyone who collects these will be happy I did." :)

Oh, and notice the illustration on the manual cover does not match the PEB model.

Could I ask a favor for when you post it? Could you please put it << HERE >> ? This is starting to become a dumping ground for PDF's, keyboard strips, reference cards, etc. This way people will not have to go hunting everywhere for the newer high quality scans. :)

T'anks!

It is not going to happen any time soon. The last of my physical servers had a sudden and unexpected hard drive failure over the weekend which has me befuddled. The data on it is not critical, but it would be nice to have it back. Old IBM DRHS 36GB SCSI drive. Been running fine for 13 years (like I said, no critical data) and just recently passed a diagnostic. It will not maintain speed; makes me think that the spindle motor or bearings suddenly gave up the ghost.

These are low-volume reprints, so the price is a lot higher than it would be otherwise--and then they are trying to get at least 50% profit out of each one, so that drives the price even higher. I bought one of the German ones only because that book is nearly impossible to find in the original printing. I was surprised to see this one in English, as it is slightly uncommon, but it is by no means rare enough to justify the reprinting. . .

It is one of several books that are being reprinted for the TI. I've seen this one and a German title for sale by the same original source. There are probably a few others. They may be expensive--but they are truly brand new. . .

I don't care how new they are, I would not pay anywhere near that price for a copy, Retroclinic in the UK has been reproducing BBC micro documentation that is of equal/superior quality to the original and the price is nowhere near those quoted for the TI books.

By way of an example-they produce a replica BBC micro user guide which is over 500 pages of content and bound in a hard ring bound folder that is superior to the original. cost-£20 (about $34 at current exchange rates).

• Like 2

Most all of the Atarisoft titles are excellent on the TI. Really wish I had them BITD, but at least I had Centipede - which is probably my all time favorite conversion. Purchasing from catalogs seemed like a million miles away for a teenager without a credit card, but I sure remember drooling over all the great titles from Triton, etc.

I'll never forget the day I found TI Donkey Kong in the wild while thrifting in the early 90's. Hurried home, popped that sucker in and was blown away at how good it was. Still is. :lol:

• Like 1

If somebody on this site won the bid for the Horizon 128K card, would you please consider scanning the docuntation into a PDF file, because the one here SUX. Thanks.

Sadly, that's actually a pretty accurate reproduction of the original manual. Dot matrix printers were used back in the day to print documentation in order to save a few bucks. I've got a similar looking original manual buried around here somewhere.

Gazoo

Sadly, that's actually a pretty accurate reproduction of the original manual.

BUMMER! I figured that if it was scanned it color (which probably was not available back then) it might look better. That thing looks like a scan of something that came off a 1970's era B&W copy machine. I'm sure when it was archived, it was probably using the best available technology. From the photo I thought there was some room for improvement. Oh well.

I'm an avid retro game collector and I'm noticing that on ebay people are using the word rare a lot on TI games. As we know chances are they are not rare maybe hard to find but not rare. Sadly this makes an inflation bubble so when you see said software or hardware on craigslist or at the flea market they are priced like ebay.

I'm an avid retro game collector and I'm noticing that on ebay people are using the word rare a lot on TI games. As we know chances are they are not rare maybe hard to find but not rare. Sadly this makes an inflation bubble so when you see said software or hardware on craigslist or at the flea market they are priced like ebay.

I have grown weary of dealing with these assholes at flea markets and the like. Here is stuff that they have had sitting around for decades, usually missing manuals and boxes, and almost always untested. But they ask full original retail price. I walk off. In at least two cases the items still remained for years. In once case the market closed down before a collection of ColecoVision games sold, and in the other the Genesis and TI cartridges sat in the exact same place I left them for THREE YEARS.

I have grown weary of dealing with these assholes at flea markets and the like. Here is stuff that they have had sitting around for decades, usually missing manuals and boxes, and almost always untested. But they ask full original retail price. I walk off. In at least two cases the items still remained for years. In once case the market closed down before a collection of ColecoVision games sold, and in the other the Genesis and TI cartridges sat in the exact same place I left them for THREE YEARS.

This is very true. Resellers have made the thrill of the hunt none existent, also the fact that everyone checks ebay or amazon on theirs phones before pricing something. Why bother I might as well order it off ebay and have it delivered to my door.