IGNORED

Mr Chin

Tursi

There's no easy way for the floppies to be updated at this point by ColecoMaster, I wrote all the original disks and mailed them. But, it's a diskette, if you were actually going to play from it, you can update it yourself, or I guess send it to me to update (I'm just going to remove the write protect tab, update the files, and replace the tab ;) ). I'd be inclined to PLAY from another source and just keep the box as a collector's thing, but if it's bugging anyone, we can work out me doing the update for you. ;)

attachicon.gifmrchin.zip

I'll make sure to update the Gameshelf version.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got my boxed copy yesterday, and it looks great! My only petty complaint is that the box is much smaller than the original TI software boxes. This kind of collector packaging should really be made available for many of the more recent releases like Pitfall, Mad Marvin's Great Escape, Titanium, TI Scramble and Road Hunter. Imagine having a shelf full of such boxed gems!

• Like 3

I got my boxed copy yesterday, and it looks great! My only petty complaint is that the box is much smaller than the original TI software boxes. This kind of collector packaging should really be made available for many of the more recent releases like Pitfall, Mad Marvin's Great Escape, Titanium, TI Scramble and Road Hunter. Imagine having a shelf full of such boxed gems!

Lucky. I am still awaiting mine so I can molest the disk with the updated version which fixed the screen blanking problem ;)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

There's no easy way for the floppies to be updated at this point by ColecoMaster, I wrote all the original disks and mailed them. But, it's a diskette, if you were actually going to play from it, you can update it yourself, or I guess send it to me to update (I'm just going to remove the write protect tab, update the files, and replace the tab ;) ). I'd be inclined to PLAY from another source and just keep the box as a collector's thing, but if it's bugging anyone, we can work out me doing the update for you. ;)

attachicon.gifmrchin.zip

your ubergrom cart image version of mr chin has the bug :)

Greg

your ubergrom cart image version of mr chin has the bug :)

Greg

Thanks, but I don't intend to update that. it existed only for demonstration at the Chicago TI Faire, and you have it only because the beta firmware was leaked and people needed a proof of concept to test it with. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

It wasn't too large an issue, since I was able to quickly re-write the Coleco library functions that I needed for the TI. The biggest difference is interrupt handling - since it's an NMI on the Coleco it ALWAYS fires, while on the TI you need to enable interrupts. (Technically you could probably leave them enabled, but I didn't do that since I didn't want to deal with timing differences. I enabled interrupts explicitly when it was safe. ;) ) After Mr Chin I went to my own libs. The other thing that helped was that Mr Chin fit in the TI's available 24k of memory -- if you need more than that it gets complicated because the cartridge banking on the TI works very differently than the Coleco (there's only 8k of space total, and it ALL pages. Of course you can copy to CPU memory for the fixed bank, but it's still a big difference to port around.)