IGNORED

Questions regarding the AA store

Yoshiatom

Hello AA users. ;-)
I've been interested in a homebrew game (Pac Man collection) for my atari 7800, but I'm a little confused on 2 things:

1. How much does it cost in GBP? According to Google, it would cost £19.19, is this correct?

2. I live in England, will I have to pay import tax?

Thanks in advance.

1) The cost will likely depend on how you pay for the game. The store only accepts payment in US Dollars. When you pay via credit card or PayPal, those payment processors will convert from British Pounds to US Dollars, and the conversion rate will vary. You'll likely need to go through a portion of the checkout process to see how much it'll be.

2) For Pac-Man Collection, the package value would be declared at $30 USD. Not sure what the rules are in England for import tax, but hopefully that helps.

..Al

When you said "Package value" I thought you meant import tax, am I correct?

The import tax is based on the "package value", which is printed on the outside of the package on the customs form. I'm not sure what the cutoff is in the UK for video games and what the import tax rate is. I started looking at gov.uk to try and figure it out, but seems it's a non-trivial answer.

..Al