IGNORED

*RED ALERT * -- F18A's available!

Omega-TI

I am so very glad that I decided to not go to bed an hour ago. Much thanks to Matt for making these available again (I got one of the last two...) and Kevan for posting this message. I had given up on getting one any time soon.

But, then again, damn you Matt!! I just used half the money I was going to use for an X-Surf 100 for my Amiga! I have too many masters...

Matt,

I plan on buying one. My TI is shelved for right now because of things that have come up. Work, Life, etc… etc…

Do you think I should just buy one now, or might I be better off waiting because thing might change with your design by the time I get to dust off my TI?

The only changes will be bug fixes at this point. If you want to very latest firmware, then I'd say wait. But as of right now I am not aware of any bugs. If I ever get the in-place update written, then it won't matter.

Okay, I noticed on the receipt that it is now at version 1.5. I wondered what might have been different, if anything. Now I know, thanks! :)

UGH! Shipped to my office, the building is closed today and USPS attempted delivery. Might not be able to get it until Monday :_(

But, yeah, it is a good reason to open up the console. While I am in there I will probably fix the CAPS LOCK key, too.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today (while I'm at work).

I'll be right with you on the CAPS LOCK fix. I'll also be installing a reset button too, as I guess it'll be needed once in awhile.

The sad part is I'm going to be to busy to get around to installing it for at least a couple of weeks. :_(

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today (while I'm at work).

I'll be right with you on the CAPS LOCK fix. I'll also be installing a reset button too, as I guess it'll be needed once in awhile.

The sad part is I'm going to be to busy to get around to installing it for at least a couple of weeks. :_(

Speaking of reset buttons, does anyone have a quick reference to the capacitor change to increase the reset duration to accommodate the F18A?

Really? Only one left already! Like I'm sure that will make it through the weekend.... NOT!

Yeah, I guess there were more people waiting on these than I thought. I have more parts on order to make another eight boards, so I'll get those build and available next week.

As for the reset cap, it depends on how you add the reset button. The 99/4A power on reset circuit is already generally slow enough, so if your button is simply going to hook into that circuit, then you won't need to change the cap. You can also change the resistor to a larger value. The RC time constant is a standard formula and you can find a lot of "rc time calculators" on the net. I don't remember the specific cap right off.

As for the reset cap, it depends on how you add the reset button. The 99/4A power on reset circuit is already generally slow enough, so if your button is simply going to hook into that circuit, then you won't need to change the cap. You can also change the resistor to a larger value. The RC time constant is a standard formula and you can find a lot of "rc time calculators" on the net. I don't remember the specific cap right off.

There's no need for any special calculators, just solve T=R*C for the target variable :P (I couldn't help but interlude here I was just working with some RC circuits the other day in lab, so the equations have been on the mind.) Seems like the real question is how long is needed to reset with the F18A?

I'm glad to know everyone got their boards okay. I try to deliver a product that I would expect to receive, so anti-static bags were really not optional. However, it is a constant reminder about how many small details there are to delivering a finished "product" vs. just sharing a hobby project. Believe it is not, I spent more time trying to figure out and source the VGA pig-tail than any other aspect of the project. The PCB pins being the second biggest headache.

• Like 3

I received my F18A yesterday! Woot!

Matthew, I have to pass on a HUGE "THANK YOU" for such an outstanding job on this; from A to Z.

I can't wait to get this installed. Like Kevan, I'm going to have to wait for a week or more before I can even think about getting to it but, believe me, I will chomping at the bits to get this installed.

Superb service, thanks again!

-Dano

Speaking of the RESET button; what IS the recommended "method"?

So far, I've only seen a reset based on a momentary contact switch with a cap in parallel (essentially moving the cartridge reset feature into the console). Is there a better solution because that doesn't work reliably on my 4A and I'd sure like it to work 100% of the time (heck >50% would be nice). Especially since the F18A is more sensitive to delay.

TIA!

-Dano