IGNORED

*RED ALERT * -- F18A's available!

Omega-TI

The "green screen" is just the power-on defaults for the F18A. Since all the RAM in the F18A is part of the FPGA bit stream, I can default the memory to anything, so I set up a black screen with a green border and some text. The fact that I set GM1 at power up is actually a deviation from the real 9918A which "wakes up" with all zeros in its registers, which means the screen is disabled. This did not help me when I was troubleshooting, so I made the F18A "wake up" in GM1.

You usually don't see this because the host computer sets the graphics mode and initializes the patterns and colors pretty early on in its power-on code. As Tursi said, you will typically only see the green screen when the computer is powered on but the host system did not come up for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Working on it. I actually built 12 last time and took some to the Faire. I can't do 12 at a time though, that just takes too long, basically my whole vacation day was spent building boards. I'll keep making batches of 4, since I can build those in a few hours.

Thank you everyone for the continued support, it is nice to know something you do gets appreciated. Basically that is the reward.

• Like 1

Due to a recent increase in F18A demand and unpredictability of the volume of boards I need to build, I have decided to set the stock to unlimited and I will order parts once a week based on the current orders. This will allow those people who want an F18A to get on the list, as well as help me make the right-sized part orders. However, this also means that your F18A will not ship the same day you order (which I have tried very hard to do in the past). Unless I have an immediate stock of boards, any F18A orders will have about a one week delay from the time they are ordered until I can build and ship them.

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...