F18A TI-99/4A

234 replies to this topic

#226 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,924 posts

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:32 AM

Since this is the F18A thread for programs that work with it's extended capabilities, I thought the following program needed to be mentioned in this thread as well....

Thanks to JediMatt, there is a new really cool 'variant' of a program out there, it's called EAII80Edit-8  What is it?  It's an Editor/Assembler module in program form, but with it's own editor built-in, but not just any EDIT1, it's a full-fledged 80 column editor.

The program file listed requires one of Ralf FLASHROM 99 cartridges.  For more information on the FlashROM 99...

... << CLICK HERE >>

If you already have a FlashROM 99, but do not have this program, << CLICK HERE >> to download it.

#227 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,924 posts

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:16 AM

Updated PDF of compatible files...

Attached Files

#228 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• 1,966 posts

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:34 AM

You should include the disk based EDIT1 made available by Fred Kaal over on http://www.ti99-geek.nl/(projects->scroll down->Edit1, 40/80 Column Editor)

This is an EDIT1 file that can be used with a standard Editor Assembler module, and likely any of the other programs that will load EDIT1 if available? I haven't tried it with this, but doesn't 4A/Dos support an 'edit' command that uses an EDIT1 on DSK1.?

-M@

#229 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,924 posts

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:52 AM

You should include the disk based EDIT1 made available by Fred Kaal over on http://www.ti99-geek.nl/(projects->scroll down->Edit1, 40/80 Column Editor)

This is an EDIT1 file that can be used with a standard Editor Assembler module, and likely any of the other programs that will load EDIT1 if available? I haven't tried it with this, but doesn't 4A/Dos support an 'edit' command that uses an EDIT1 on DSK1.?

-M@

IIRC, the editor that came with 4A/DOS was called EDIT40 and like the name implied only only worked in 40 column mode.  

For those that have just gotten their hands on 4A/DOS for the first time, now that you have a FlashROM 99, you might want to download the manual from << HERE >>.

BTW - For those of you with F18A's be sure to put WIDTH 80 in your batch files!  ;)

#230 PeBo OFFLINE  

PeBo

Dragonstomper

• 911 posts

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:26 PM

Don't forget TI-Scramble in your list...to me it is the most impressive example of an F18 game that also runs on non-enhanced hardware - and it's easy to disable (or enable) the F18 enhancements when loading the game and actually compare the difference. Mighty jaw dropping!

#231 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 3,113 posts

Posted Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:33 PM

Titanium does not have extra sprites on the F18A as stated, but it runs faster.

Sabre Wulf also supports the F18A with an optional enhanced color palette.

#232 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,924 posts

Posted Tue Oct 4, 2016 2:01 PM

Since there is a new addition thanks to Tursi, I've updated the list.

I really like his new program and hope to have a new blog entry with video out for it. by tomorrow evening.  fingerscrossed.gif

** CHECK MESSAGE BELOW FOR OMISSION CORRECTION **

Attached Files

Edited by --- Ω ---, Fri Oct 7, 2016 10:27 AM.

#233 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,924 posts

Posted Fri Oct 7, 2016 10:25 AM

My sincere apologies to BJ Guillot.  As I put his QR Code Generator program in my FlashROM, it occurred to me that his program was not on the F18A compatible list.  I sure hope I've not left anyone else out.

Anyway, below is the REVISED list, sorry for the inconvenience.

Attached Files

#234 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,924 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:20 AM

It's been nearly a year since I've updated this listing.  I'm sorry, I've been a little negligent due to other life activities lately.  Could you guys please look this over and inform me of any needed updates?  I have an idea (for potential newbies) I'd to put together, but to be useful it needs to be up-to-date and accurate.  Sadly I don't have the time to go back through 11 months worth of posts, but some of you guys might recall something off-hand... or even be the authors of such a program.  -- Thank you!

Attached Files

#235 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Hexacorerunner

• Topic Starter
  • 13,924 posts

Posted Wed Sep 5, 2018 8:44 AM

It's been a LONG TIME since anything was added to this thread. 

In case you missed it, the most recent addition is a really cool 80 Column Editor By: Fred Kaal.

It's available for download << HERE >>.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F18A, TI-99/4A

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users