IGNORED

Italian RetroVideoGaming & Computing

macdlsa

Autumn !

As always, time for conventions, trade shows and meetings with a currently theme much in vogue among all "ex - nerd" and also many others who have lived (AND STILL LIVE !) the golden age of gaming entertainment, ALL OVER THE WORLD :

the "RETROGAMING" !

And our small and mistreated Italy is no exception...

Last Sunday there was the event "Brusaporto Retrocomputing", annual show / exhibition of vintage computer hardware and gaming, and I was invited to exhibit a bit of my "material" ...

AND SO I DID ! :grin:

Together with a friend of mine, D.Baldi from a local association called "comPVter", I set up a stand that has been later recognized as "respectable", due to the fact of the presence of some "pearls", not easily viewable "elsewhere" ...

From my side, there is a full-working "Pong" ( Atari - Sears , 1975 ) , an Atari 2600 Jr. CVBS video output modified, my Dragon's Lair MINI-CAB (built this summer in occasion of the "meeting" that I myself organized for the 30th' anniversary of the birth of the most famous lasergame) and a display case containing some of my Atari game cartridges...
On my friend's side there is a DEVASTATING collection of english items, almost all branded " Sinclair ",
including a VERY RARE "Sinclair LED BlackWatch" (unfortunately NOT WORKING ... ) and the 80's age style "bicycle-car-starship" :-D "C5" !

THEN...

a beautiful day spent in the company of many friends and MANY people which occasionally asked information of any kind...
to the point that I came home with a dry throat for having talked really too much ! :-o :_( :-D

SOME PHOTOS...

2013-10-20%252009.42.03.jpg

2013-10-20%252009.41.54.jpg

2013-10-20%252009.41.46.jpg

2013-10-20%252009.41.39.jpg

2013-10-20%252009.41.27.jpg

2013-10-20%252009.41.16.jpg

More pics HERE

And it's not over...

Just yesterday there was the first day of the "Games Week" in Milan, where in the morning came no less than
NOLAN BUSHNELL
in person :-o
:-o :-o :-o :-o

who kept a conference and made a "tour" around all the exposed video entertainment machines !

A friend of mine, journalist in the informatic sector (Carlo Santagostino of "Archeologia Informatica" ) invited me to the event, but unfortunately, for reasons of work, I had to decline that invitation ...
And my regret is SO HUGE !

:_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

Especially after that I did watch an unspecified amount of photos that show a lot of friends "embraced" with Nolan...

:_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

BUT
for one thing I could say that I am happy !

... because my "Pong", exhibited in one of the windows of the Games Week - Retrogaming museum, had become THIS WAY :

PONG-autograph_.jpg

I go to get it back on Sunday (tomorrow)... and , with that autograph of Nolan Bushnell , it will sure become the "pearl" of my small , small Atari collection !

:thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

(And if someone would "eventually" steal it, then it will be the time I will call the FBI , the InterPol , the Lieutenant Columbo , Angela Lansbury and Ellery Queen ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :spidey: :D

Edited by macdlsa
  • Like 2