IGNORED

IE 11 for Win 7 quote not working?

Charlie_

Like the title says. I'm using the new IE11 for Windows 7, I deleted my browser cookies/data but quote doesn't seem to be working.

I have Opera installed also. I'll try to quote this with that browser to see if it is the browser.

Oh yeah, it seems to be the new IE11 for Win 7. I use IE11 on Win 8 on my other PCs and Surface and the quote was working with that...

I can't access one right now to verify that though... It did a couple days ago anyway,. :)

The quote was working for me in Win8, but stopped working after I upgraded to Win8.1-- presumably due to a change in IE. Did Win8 come with IE10 or IE11?

As for the paste thing, when I try to paste I get a popup window asking me if I want to let the program (forum software) access the contents of my clipboard-- if I say yes, it pastes what I've copied. I'm thinking there's probably some kind of IE setting that can be tweaked to fix that behavior.

I know that some web pages were giving me trouble and the solution was to disable the "Enhanced Protected Mode"-- but now I can't remember what the problem was!

The quote was working for me in Win8, but stopped working after I upgraded to Win8.1-- presumably due to a change in IE. Did Win8 come with IE10 or IE11?

As for the paste thing, when I try to paste I get a popup window asking me if I want to let the program (forum software) access the contents of my clipboard-- if I say yes, it pastes what I've copied. I'm thinking there's probably some kind of IE setting that can be tweaked to fix that behavior.

I know that some web pages were giving me trouble and the solution was to disable the "Enhanced Protected Mode"-- but now I can't remember what the problem was!

Yeah, Windows 8 shipped with IE10. IE11 is included in the 8.1 upgrade and now for Windows 7 as a download.

There is a problem with youtube and adobe flash in IE11. If you go to youtube and get long pauses or hangs, just disable the shockwave add-on.

Youtube will work with HTML5 just fine. Adobe is working on an update I hear...

For now I'm using Opera just for Atariage until the problem gets fixed. Since IE9 I just prefer IE over all other browsers.

:?

What? My preference confuses you?

I'll take the speed, interface, favorites management and inPrivate browsing mode of IE any day vs other browsers.

IE6 was a long time ago. ;)

Not that I need to justify it anyone, but hey, thanks for emoticon reply. Now I know what you think......

Wait, here is one: :roll:

What? My preference confuses you?

I'll take the speed, interface, favorites management and inPrivate browsing mode of IE any day vs other browsers.

IE6 was a long time ago. ;)

Not that I need to justify it anyone, but hey, thanks for emoticon reply. Now I know what you think......

Wait, here is one: :roll:

No need to get snippy. I've used IE 11 for testing purposes, and it's not the fastest (although it has definitely improved, see this), nor safest (still Chrome), has the worst favorites management (but on that we must follow the precept of de gustibus non est disputandum). It has certainly improved (finally standards compliant!), I'll give you that, but it still regularly falls short of other browsers, sometimes of even Opera.

My question was valid, since you didn't state why. You've since explained why, but I don't see why you couldn't have just responded without the snark to a look of puzzlement.

Edited by o.pwuaioc

No need to get snippy. I've used IE 11 for testing purposes, and it's not the fastest (although it has definitely improved, see this), nor safest (still Chrome), has the worst favorites management (but on that we must follow the precept of de gustibus non est disputandum). It has certainly improved (finally standards compliant!), I'll give you that, but it still regularly falls short of other browsers, sometimes of even Opera.

My question was valid, since you didn't state why. You've since explained why, but I don't see why you couldn't have just responded without the snark to a look of puzzlement.

Seriously, I don't care what you can see... you didn't want to input anything to this thread other than to be puzzled that someone doesn't think like you about their preference of web browser? How stupid is that? Every preference or opinion needs to be explained? It wasn't a challenge to anyone else opinion.

The "snark" was your need to make that post for no other reason than to say you don't agree.

How is that helpful at all?

Go annoy someone else.

There is a problem with youtube and adobe flash in IE11. If you go to youtube and get long pauses or hangs, just disable the shockwave add-on.

Youtube will work with HTML5 just fine. Adobe is working on an update I hear...

The same thing I've found applies to Firefox too...

I just updated to Window's 8.1 with IE 11 and already ran into the youtube flash problem and I just today came across the quote problem on this site. Actually I remember when Windows 8 first released with IE 10 I was unable to use a few editing keys on this forum... If I recall the most annoying was the ENTER key would not work when entering posts and it was several months before that got resolved. I guess holding out a month before applying the 8.1 update was not long enough for them to get all the kinks out.... SIGH!

My browser updated to IE11 and I'm having the same problem.

I can't quote a post and copy and paste doesn't work. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have to use firefox to quote a post and use copy & paste. :(

Hang in there.... I'm using Opera strictly for AtariAge.

Seems the youtube issue is resolved already...

One more thing that I noticed... Flickr is very basic right now with IE11.

You can't right click on pictures or start slide shows.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...