IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

Sadly though we are also getting some of this ----> 20151003_221358_zpstxqzje50.jpg

All images can be hosted HERE at AtariAge so you never have this issue.

( Full editor is acting up again on atariage... :( )

Are there limitations for non-subscribers? I used to have to resize images before uploading them. So I've been guilty of sharing a google photos link a time or two.. And, it seems easier in the moment.

However, usually you, Omega, swoop in and repost my picture, which has trained me to not be so lazy... :)

-M@

( Full editor is acting up again on atariage... :( )

Are there limitations for non-subscribers? I used to have to resize images before uploading them. So I've been guilty of sharing a google photos link a time or two.. And, it seems easier in the moment.

However, usually you, Omega, swoop in and repost my picture, which has trained me to not be so lazy... :)

-M@

That is a good question. I regularly post eight mega-pixel JPEGs weighing in around 2MB ~ 2.5MB, but I am a subscriber and I do not recall if I ran into a problem before when I was just a commoner ;)

i don't believe there are any limitations for the non-subs- ive been guilty of uploading some YUGE pics before that were around 2MB.

as a general rule i always resize my images to 700 pixels across, if anything just so that it shows up without scrolling all over the place. :) I got used to having to do this at work too bc at one time our email system complained heavily if there were 10 megs+ of pictures in an email.

• Like 1

Well here is my humble setup... Still missing the printer (in the mail) but since I don't have a centronic interface for the TI anyway it doesn't really matter for now.

ddvsCd0.jpg

Don't mind the Atari, it gets along with the TI just fine :grin: they even share the same girlfriend (the 1702 monitor) :grin:

The red dot on the Atari is just me being clumsy with my new Huion pen display in Krita ;)

• Like 6

The RS-232 port that people refer to has an odd little connector that plugs into the PIO (parallel port).

So if/when you get an RS-232 card, each card has two serial ports and one parallel port. Just read in another thread you have, but have not yet tested the RS-232. Although you'll need a Y-Cable to use both serial ports at the same time. Put that printer on the TI!

gallery_35324_1001_1497227.jpg

Have you considered the HDX modification... if it's a TI RS-232?

Edited by --- Ω ---

Well here is my humble setup... Still missing the printer (in the mail) but since I don't have a centronic interface for the TI anyway it doesn't really matter for now.

Don't mind the Atari, it gets along with the TI just fine :grin: they even share the same girlfriend (the 1702 monitor) :grin:

The red dot on the Atari is just me being clumsy with my new Huion pen display in Krita ;)

Those 1050's Happy?

Reworking my computer bench. TI Console/PEB setup moved and tested. Glad I didn't break anything. 1f642.png :)

Console is unmodified except for the keyboard replacement.
Peb has ATX PSU hence the 3 temperature probes (one in each card - Flex Cable Interface, 32k and FDC) and the larger screen for the DSK1 GoTek, DSK2 is 3.5" and DSK3 is the external 5.25" - FDC has 80 track mod I completed myself as well.

Wondering where my firehouse to the PEB is? I got an extension cable you can't see. The firehose connector is sitting between the PEB and the external floppy.

My tape drive has one of those Cassette with Audio cable mini jacks in it. You can see the cable coiled up on top of the drive. This is so I can load files directly from PC or smartphone via tape deck.

post-47352-0-65846700-1514412062_thumb.png

• Like 5

Or indicate some excessive nicotine exposure.

True, but there are DVD's on the shelf too, which means at the very least a post 1996 photo. Also the Nintendo shown is a 1990+ gadget, so even with a heavy nicotine to build up, that photo could not have been taken in the 80's. But the book Artcade has a publication date of 2016, so.... ;)

Some recent pics of my system. On the desk is the console, monitor, speech synth and assorted toys. On the top of the cabinet is the PEB and Hard Disk / Floppy Disk (DSK3:) expansion box. PEB contains Flex, 32K, WHT SCSI, sound card, P-Gram+, Myarc HFDC, and RS-232 w HDX expansion board.

L1170717

L1170716

• Like 9

Seen today at home. The monitor is a TV set, Samsung LE19B450C4W. Video and audio is wired via the SCART input.

The only issues right now are fine vertical lines (barely visible), and this effect (don't know the name) where you have a brighter edge directly near a dark edge. It is particularly visible in TI BASIC where the black cursor has a very bright blue left edge, as every other character on the screen. It looks like a sharpening filter or a contrast enhancement, but thought I turned everything off.

I used an ethernet cable to build the video cable, DIN plug on one side, SCART on the other.

post-35000-0-91602700-1514558675_thumb.jpg

post-35000-0-14421600-1514558698_thumb.jpg

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 5