IGNORED

TRIX BRIX - new game

Blue Azure

BAM!BAM!BAM!

BAM!

BAM! BLUE AZURE MONDAY BAM!

BAM!

BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!

This is a game mod to Bob's wonderful breakout game, CRAZY BRIX (2011). This game, TRIX BRIX (2013), has been shelved for months waiting for me to re-review the code. But still no time to work on it. So it is what it is. The game has been re-wired so the balls don't quite fall through the bottom. Ever. For me, the original was too hard for me with two balls, one of which I would lose instantly. Optimized for the NORMAL level of play, it doesn't fare so well on the EASY or HARD levels. Something to do with vertical offsets somewhere in the game. Maybe another 7800 guru can figure it out some day. I release it now for people to have something "new" to play over the 2013 holidays.

If you like the game, play TRIX BRIX to polish your skills. Then go buy Bob's game on atariage.com to play the real thing. He gets all the credit and should get all the mulah. It's available here:

http://www.atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1004

As TRIX BRIX isn't perfect, I'm just releasing an emulator version that needs to be fixed and then re-compiled to make the graphics look right on the hardware. This one has all the original 32 levels (technically, levels 0-31). The game suffers color offset on the bricks if you don't have the update from Prosystem 1.3e. Sure wish I had it, then I could easily take fresh photos of all levels and post them.

NTSC TRIX BRIX, EMULATOR

Trix_Brix_16K.a78

Level 13 (technically, it's level 12=$0B) is a beast to get through, so this version bypasses that level. "L13R" in the filename means "Level 13 Removed."

NTSC TRIX BRIX, NO LEVEL 13, EMULATOR

Trix_Brix_L13R_16K.a78

2011 was apparently the year for breakout-style games. Now I wish for some day to have the source list for the other breakout game, ARKANOID (2011), which I was touting at one time as the best breakout game I ever saw, until CRAZY BRIX which I was enabled to modify. John P13 did a great job on ARKANOID. When somebuddy releases the source list it allows average blokes like me to play games with the games. And that's what makes things more interesting on the AA blog, IMHO. This is the link to the ARKANOID blog:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/154267-something-else-im-working-on/

Enjoy the balls-that-don't-quite-fall-through game! TRIX BRIX, only available here at atariage.com. ///BLUEMAN///