IGNORED

Javatari 4.0 released. IMPORTANT: Support for the new Java security

Paulo Peccin

New version released. Please visit javatari.org.

IMPORTANT:
All websites using Javatari MUST update to this release prior to the next Java Security Update scheduled for January 2014.
The Java platform is tightening the security requirements for Applets.

All Java applications running inside the web browser will be BLOCKED if they are not updated to meet the new requirements.

Javatari is commited to the Java security roadmap and will receive constant updates to meet the new requirements.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Version 4.0
==========
- Full support for the upcoming Java security requirements
- Both all-permissions and sandboxed deployment options
Regards,
Peccin

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey Peccin.

I downloaded Version 4 last night (javatari40.jar) for use on my Windows 7 computer (64 bit).

I found it doesn't work. I double-click on it, but nothing happens. I went to upgrade Java on the machine to the latest version, and I have the same result, double-click and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Hey Peccin. I downloaded Version 4 last night (javatari40.jar) for use on my Windows 7 computer (64 bit). I found it doesn't work. I double-click on it, but nothing happens. I went to upgrade Java on the machine to the latest version, and I have the same result, double-click and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Well, it appears your Windows is not set up to open ".jar" files correctly. Or your Java installation is not correct.

Have you tried re-installing Java, or maybe using some of the "Run With" options and choose Java to open .jar files?
What happens if you open a command prompt window and issue the command:
> java -version
Does your Windows find Java correctly and display the version info?
You can always try to run java programs with the command line:
> javaw -jar javatari40.jar
Tell me what happens!
Regards,
Paulo

Hey Paulo! Thanks for the quick response.

You nailed it. It seems that when I installed the latest version of Java, it broke the file association for JAR files. I'll have to mess with it now, because I thought I'd assigned it correctly a moment ago, but I still can't double click on it. When I right-click and choose OPEN WITH and choose Java Platform it does run. So I can get it to work now.... just need to mess with my Windows a bit....

Sorry to trouble you!

By the way - the Java Version came back as 1.7.0_45-b18

Hey Paulo! Thanks for the quick response. You nailed it. It seems that when I installed the latest version of Java, it broke the file association for JAR files. I'll have to mess with it now, because I thought I'd assigned it correctly a moment ago, but I still can't double click on it. When I right-click and choose OPEN WITH and choose Java Platform it does run. So I can get it to work now.... just need to mess with my Windows a bit.... Sorry to trouble you! By the way - the Java Version came back as 1.7.0_45-b18

All right!

Glad to hear you got it working.

Regards,

Paulo

Just in case someone finds this thread in the future........

No matter what I tried, although I could create the correct association in Windows, JAR files refused to start with double-clicking.

I came across a utility via Google called "jarfix.exe". This purports to create the association for you. I tried it, and it did indeed fix my problem.

A strange one this - I think I'll keep this utility to hand for the future!"

• 2 weeks later...