IGNORED

Debugging my ST apps under GCC

Hey all,

I've been beefing up my stale C knowledge by reading through C-manship, typing out the apps, and messing around on my own. I have PureC but I kinda like using GCC and Vincent Rivière's m68k-atari-mint cross-tools within STeem. So far, there have been a few conversion obstacles but with a little determination and help from another, I've been able to figure out most issues. Of course, my debugging at this point has been printf's and outputting to a log file. This isn't ideal so I loaded up Hisoft's Mon v3.10 but the docs aren't exactly helpful. I can't even figure out how to load up my app. It asks for a filename but for some reason I can't type a colon. When I hit Shift-:, it only gives semicolon. There also seems to be a few other keys that aren't responding. Since I'm compiling this in GCC and not using Lattice C, I'm not even sure this will work.

In any case, here is the question...

For those writing ST/TT/Falcon apps using GCC or G++, how are you performing your debugging? When I say, "How", I mean, in detail, what tools are you using, what environment are you doing this in, how would I set myself up to do it the same way, etc?

Thanks,

Michael