Here's a collection of River Raid hacks that I created using Thomas Jentzsch's commented disassembly (which I also attached). My original idea was to make 'River Raid Turbo' with a much faster jet, but I created a few more while I was at it just for fun.
- River Raid Turbo - Push up for 'Turbo mode' and you'll see your jet flies much faster. Left/Right movement speed was also increased.
- River Raid Turbo (with Fast Shots) - Same as the prior version but with faster shots from your jet.
- River Raid (Fuel Tank is always Full) - No need to fill your fuel tank, it's stuck on Full all the time.
- River Raid (Fast Shot) - Your missile fires much faster than normal.
- River Raid (Fly over land) - Collision detection is turned off for hitting the river banks, you can fly over land. Flying over houses recharges your fuel, not sure why.
- River Raid Trainer - Unlimited Lives & Fuel and collision detection is turned off.
- River Raid Random (original hack by batari, not me) - You will start at a random location in the river every time you hit reset
- River Raid Random (Turbo/Fast Shots) - Batari's binary hacked to have turbo speed and fast shots.
- River Raid Plus (Turbo/Fast Shots) - I hacked Thomas Jentzsch's River Raid Plus hack to include turbo speed and fast shots.
Batari added four rivers to the random hack, you will start off at a random place in those four rivers on one player games only (Game #1 ,3, 5 and 7).
In River Raid Plus, Thomas added balloons as another obstacle to get in your path while you navigate your plane down the river. He also changed the start of the game as if you had just passed bridge 2002, and the starting and maximum difficulty was increased. I will not be able to merge batari's random river start into Thomas's Plus hack, there are so many differences in the disassemblies that WinMerge makes it look like two completely different files.
Random river hack info:
Game River #Players 1 1 1 2 1 2 3 2 1 4 2 2 5 3 1 6 3 2 7 4 1 8 4 2