IGNORED

Does anyone remember this RARE TI item?

Omega-TI

Does anyone remember those clear acrylic covers that went over the keyboard on the TI?

I'm thinking with the widget in the way, and unable to use the leatherette cover I have, the acrylic model would be the perfect solution.

The acrylic covers came in two different styles if I remember right. Clear and the smoked glass look. The problem is I've not seen either on eBay.

Actually, at least one of the objects you seek was sold as part of a large lot of TI stuff within the last 90 days or so--it was shown covering the keyboard--and it would be even less of a help than you might imagine, as it was pretty much shrink-formed to the bare console shape.

I also saw another one sold back in early September (again with a complete system) that was a tray-type box with a row of cartridge slots on the left and an acrylic top that covered the whole box much like the top of a turntable. That may be closer to what you need.

They both come up for sale once or twice a year--you just have to be patient. The shrink-type is much more common than the tray type, though.

Actually, at least one of the objects you seek was sold as part of a large lot of TI stuff within the last 90 days or so--it was shown covering the keyboard--and it would be even less of a help than you might imagine, as it was pretty much shrink-formed to the bare console shape.

I also saw another one sold back in early September (again with a complete system) that was a tray-type box with a row of cartridge slots on the left and an acrylic top that covered the whole box much like the top of a turntable. That may be closer to what you need.

They both come up for sale once or twice a year--you just have to be patient. The shrink-type is much more common than the tray type, though.

Yeah, neither of them sound like the one I used to have. Mine was the smoke glass looking one that just fit like a glove into the black portion around the keyboard. I've searched for photos all over the Internet for any reference to it, and I've come up blank. My next attempt will be to look at the advertisements in the PDF's of old TI magazines around '83 or '84 because I think thats about the time I bought it.

I suppose if I really get desperate I could get one made if it does not cost a fortune. All it would take is a block of wood sanded down and shaped to size and shape, heat up the plastic and form it around the wood before it cools. Cut it on a bandsaw, sand the edges then flame the edge.