IGNORED

HSC11 Season 11 - Welcome - Info - Play List

Welcome to the Atari 8-bit Computer's High Score Club :party:

Season 11 is here and we're having a few changes to keep things interesting :-D
Everyone welcome to play - all you do is vote, play the game and post a score or two. Simple.

Screenshots optional. Play on real hardware or emulation. The Beginners Guide has all the details but just ask for any help or send me a message.

If you miss [or have missed] the first [any] rounds don't worry just join straight in :)

Usually we play each game over two week periods, often we have a bonus game of dubious quality for those wanting some extra action. We will have a few special rounds and tournaments along the way and some friendly competition of course ;)

Please don't be put off if you are near the bottom of the table, there are a few top players who will nearly always win, getting into the top 10 is a good target to aim for.

Changes for this season:

Each round will feature games from a letter of the alphabet, so for the first round we have games starting with letter A! Voting will feature 7 selections from each letter, you can vote for as many as you like (even all of them!) The top NTSC player each round will earn a bonus point.

The vote for the first round will start tomorrow and the action will start at the weekend: I've already pencilled in the first games selection but if you are quick your choice might make it into the vote. Use this post to suggest games for each round as we play, or list an A-Z of games (1 from each letter) that you wish to play. If you suggest more than one with the same letter highlight which is your main suggestions.

General suggestions welcome too... [trbb turns on the shredder] :P

[edit] Brace yourselves here is the New Scroring This Season :-o

Stilll 12 HSC pts for 1st place but going down in 1s until 12th place. For every extra player there will be an additional high scoring place starting with 5th place 9pts. The top four always get 12,11,10,9 and the bottom place always 1pt; but more points in-between, making it closer overall to stop some of us running away with things!

If we have a round with more than one game, each will get place points, these are totalled and used to make an overall table. Ties are decided by total score for both games. [edit]

Have fun and see if you can get some friends & family to fire up the Atari too. Hopefully I'll be rounding up a few players over the next couple of weeks ;)

trbb

Edited by therealbountybob

More or less off the top of my head....

Abracadabra!
Beef Drop
Clowns and Balloons
Dr. Mario
Electrician
Frogger II
Getaway!
HERO
International Karate
Jewel Bits
Koffi Yellow Kopter
LA SWAT
Megamania
Nadral
Oil's Well
PET Galaga
Qb
River Raid
Sky Blazer
Timeslip
Unicorn Horn
Vanguard
Wavy Navy
Xagon
Yoomp!
Zone X

Edited by adam242

I'll put the first vote on tomorrow [weds] to give people a little more time to read my email - I have a couple more games in mind so we might have a 9-way vote for round 1 and see how it goes... visions of 9 games ending up with 1 vote each :-o

Interesting to see a couple of players suggest Alternity, nice game. It was a new one to me until we had it last season as a bonus for Qix but it will make the vote.

Games will have to function on NTSC so my emulator testing rules out Astro Droid and Atomit II, though Atomit works ok (Atomit II seems to be the same game/levels with graphics/sound improvements?) nice game.

Unfortunately Zone X which is a superb game (10/10) isn't fully NTSC compatible - perhaps someone can try it and see if it is still playable, it might jump or flicker or something - there was a recent post on this on the main forum...

:)

I suggest Imagic's "Atlantis?"

I'm looking forward to finally playing with you friendly folks.

Is there a list of games that have been played in the past?

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Checkout the All-time Game Ratings and HSC Records for the HSC's history :)

OK it's time to get this show on the road...

I'm in! I would play any of those games. I've never heard of Alternity but it looks interesting. The rest I've heard of and played (at least) a little.

Special nod to Abracadabra from TG. I think it might have been the first game I'd ever downloaded from a BBS back in the old days.

Edited by Fres

Checkout the All-time Game Ratings and HSC Records for the HSC's history :)

Oh, I didn't realize that "Atlantis" had been played already. I've always wanted to played more of "Attack of the Mutant Camels." I've really only played that games in passing and I see that it isn't on the list of previous games.

I guess with ten years of history behind the High Score Plat list, it's getting kinda hard to pick games that haven't been played before. This must make for some obscure games sometimes. That seems like a bonus to me. I'm sure that there are hundreds of games that are great on the Atari that I've never even heard of before.

Since "Atlantis" was picked already,

We play DK nearly every year so repeats are fine, sometimes a few tweaks or special challenges are introduced to keep things interesting... although we're A-Z this season bonus games may be related but don't have to begin with the same letter - we did play AOTMC in the 'Time for Desert' round season 7 perhaps, great game but a bit too hard for round 1 here - looks like I'd better check the records :-o Special rounds will feature various games too so there's always another chance a game might appear ;)

OK FOLKS - REMEMBER THIS SEASON TO VOTE FOR MULTIPLE OPTIONS, AS MANY AS YOU WISH:

Well it's time to VOTE for round 1, or is that round "A"? :D

Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Joust, Pengo, Pole Position: Pac-Man, Moon Patrol - in other words: my complete small Atari 600 XL cartridge collection.... ;-)

:-D

so you have letters D/M/J/P covered, you'd better get collecting some more! Play when you can, I suspect we'll see you in round D :grin:

• Like 1

... or the HSC-Munich returns to XL/XE games- last round we played Atari 2600 games...

Ahhh, I was wondering what happened to the Munich Atarians :thumbsup:

My vote goes to Astro Droid:-) Time to dust my Atari!

update: just agreed With flashjazzcat to build me a Real Beast Machine for This season, getting excited!

What is a Real Beast Machine?!!

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

One day someone will NTSC fix Astro Droid ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK FOLKS - REMEMBER THIS SEASON TO VOTE FOR MULTIPLE OPTIONS, AS MANY AS YOU WISH:

VOTE for round 1, or is that round "A"? :D