IGNORED

HSC11 Season 11 - Welcome - Info - Play List

Ahhh, I was wondering what happened to the Munich Atarians :thumbsup:

What is a Real Beast Machine?!!

One day someone will NTSC fix Astro Droid ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK FOLKS - REMEMBER THIS SEASON TO VOTE FOR MULTIPLE OPTIONS, AS MANY AS YOU WISH:

VOTE for round 1, or is that round "A"? :D

An unmodified 1200xl is going to be "BEASTED" by Jon with a Pal conversion, Stereo, U1MB, Side and VBXE for clear picture on SC1435 monitor. Can't wait, feeling like I´m having Xmas now. :dunce: I called it a dream machine but Jon named it the Beast, which I do like better :cool:

Edited by jk40001
  • Like 1

I'm interested for sure now that my Atari 800 with Incogento is up and running with about 3000 games loaded. (And others can always be added).

So I'm back!! :D

Just wish we had a game for this weekend. I have three days off.

I'm interested for sure now that my Atari 800 with Incogento is up and running with about 3000 games loaded. (And others can always be added).

So I'm back!! :D

Just wish we had a game for this weekend. I have three days off.

Nice avatar :thumbsup:

We'd better get this show on the road then....

ROUND 1 HAS STARTED :)

Ok... I really hope I can find time to join as many rounds as possible, so count me in.

I also would go for Animal Party (is that score thing with the font already fixed?)

Another really cool game with A is Attack of the mutant Camels.

Hi "ProWizard" whoever you are ;)

Round 1 / "A" Games has just started, we have two weeks to play. The "B" games vote will start next Sunday and will stay open for a week. This will be how things usually work.... the first round was a bit of a rushed vote to get things up and running :)

My choices for "B" Games (in order of preference):

1. Beamrider - I love this game. I've been playing it off and on since 1984-ish. The Atari and C64 versions seem best. I can't believe this fast-paced game originated on the Intellivision!
  2. Bounty Bob Strikes Back - I love this game... but I know I won't have a chance. Still, if I'm going to lose anyway, it may as well be on a game that's awesome.
  3. Berzerk (Hack that works with XL/XE) - As much as I've played this on various systems over the years I just have not devoted much time to this one. It's the same thing again and again. Shoot, score, run. Do it again. That seems perfect for a game that I'll play for points.
  4. Beef-Drop - Is a freely distributable version of this even available? I've only ever played the demo. From what I've seen it looks great.
  5. BC's Quest for Tires - I don't have much experience with this one. This would be a good excuse to play it more. Sadly, I've never even been past the first turtles. I may regret putting this on my list.
  6. Blaster (Prototype) - This doesn't seem to have been played in a previous season. I only have the most vague knowledge that this game exists. It's a Eugene Jarvis game though, so how can it be bad?
  7. Blueprint (5200 Version) - This doesn't seem to have been played in a previous season. I have a friend who really likes this game.
  8. Bruce Lee - I've never played it for points before. I always just wanted to beat it, which I can't even recall if I've done before. Playing for points may turn it into something new.
  9. Buried Bucks - People seem to love or hate this type-in game. Wasn't a commercial game based on this?

I like the following two games, but I vote against them, as I've sure that they'll come up. I vote a no on Blue Max (I can't ever judge the altitude correctly, just like in Zaxxon) and also a no on Boulder Dash (Nice game that's far too overplayed).

(Good point McKong!) - Summary of suggestions for "B Games" for round 2.. so far :!:

Looks like I've got a lot of testing to do tomorrow :-o I'll exlude any that are too hard, too easy, have been played very recently, have no scoring/levels, don't work on NTSC and then see if I can get them into 7 votes by cramming some of the smaller games together again. The Poll will start Sunday so still time to make a suggestion or two folks ;)

Beamrider

Black Lamp

Blinky's Scary School

The Brundles

Bomb Fusion

Boulder Dash

Beef Drop

Boulders and Bombs
Batty Builders

Batty Builders
Behind Jaggi Lines!
Bio-Defense
Blue Max
Bounty Bob Strikes Back! :P
Break Out II
Bros
Buck Rogers

1. Beamrider
  2. Bounty Bob Strikes Back
  3. Berzerk
  4. Beef-Drop
  5. BC's Quest for Tires
  6. Blaster
  7. Blueprint
  8. Bruce Lee
  9. Buried Bucks

No Ulf's Berzerk? ;)

Yes roadrunner's Berzerk!

That's the 2nd time today the immortal* Ulf has been mentioned... all will be revealed later in the year :grin:

(*I do hope he is still alive) we should sign him up for the HSC Hall of Fame :thumbsup:

We did Berzerk again last year so they're going to get a rest this time :| There's a ton of great "B games" folks - going to be a tough call this time :-o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Beeble

Captain Sticky's Gold

Cosmic Tunnels

Chuckie Egg (was this any good, seem to remember it was a big deal on the Spactrum?)

Commando (Any good on the A8? Was good on C64)

Chuckie Egg is decent - suspect it plays even better on NTSC as I remember it being a little sluggish!

Unfortunately Commando needs extra RAM 320K I think :?

C Games Suggested so far - the vote wil start Tomorrrow (MONDAY) so still time EVERYONE ;)

Countermeasure 5200 conversion

Clowns and Balloons

Captain Beeble

Captain Sticky's Gold

Cosmic Tunnels

Chuckie Egg (was this any good, seem to remember it was a big deal on the Spactrum?)

Commando (Any good on the A8? Was good on C64)

Caveblaster+
Cavernia
Caverns of Mars
Chromatics (hard set - 5 colors)
Crownland (128KB!)
Cultivation

My ideas for "C" games that haven't been played yet:

1. "Captain Sticky's Gold" (1983)(English Software Company)
  2. "Castle Crisis" (2003)(Bryan Edewaard) - This game requires paddles. While it's possible to use the mouse in emulation, I'm not sure how well that works.
  3. "Caterpiggle" (1982)(APX)
  4. "Caverns of Khafka" (1983) (Cosmi)
  5. "Chomper" (1981)(MMG Micro Software)
  6. "Chopper Hunt" (1984)(Imagic) - Re-release of "Buried Bucks" by ANALOG Software.
  7. "Chuckie Egg" (1985)(A & F Software)
  8. "Claim Jumper" (1982)(Synapse Software)
  9. "Countdown" (1984)(Synapse Software)
  10. "Crisis Mountain" (1982)(Synergistic Software) - Not sure that there is a perfect dump of this game.

I have played all these games in passing. Most of these I came across while playing other people's MaxFlash cart collections. I have little experience with these games, but all of them look interesting. I'm not sure how well some of them will work as competitive games... but that what voting is all about.

• Like 1

My ideas for "C" games that haven't been played yet:

Some nice ideas there, always nice to try some new games (sort of!) there's a few on the lists that I'll have to take a look at so I'll leave the suggestions open until Tuesday morning HSCers so be quick if there's anything you want to add!

Castle Crisis is fantastic 4 player, am sure it will be good in single player too.

Bluecat will be pleased you suggested Catterpiggle - another great game.

I'm thinking of bundling up a few multi options for the poll:

"Chopper Games" (Choplifter, HiJack...)

"Cavern Games" (not Cavern's of Mars I/II as we played them last season) Khafka is a real gem of a game but has no scoring if I remember correctly, but it will be fun to play. [i didn't; It does!]

"Captain Games" (Beeble, Sticky, Cosmic Tunnels....)

and add a "Winter Sports" option as a special round too - bet I'm not the only one watching this ;)

These would all be 3 week rounds to give time to play

[Captain Sticky's Gold (great game) looks like it has an NTSC issue: after getting some gold the fish go crazy and stop scrolling along -please can someone on real hardware play for a bit and let me know? ]

Edited by therealbountybob