IGNORED

Lynx Telegames variants

madman

hi all, for information, telegames.co.uk have restocked recently some of their games, I could buy again new bubble trouble and S.I.M.I.S.

The version of bubble trouble is a CD case with a very basic green PCB with a special chip on it (kind of transparency in the middle) and s.i.m.i.s has been received inside an orange box (same than alpine games) with a very basic chip on it.

Is it the versions that you have ? or bubble trouble exists also with a lynx-like plastik PCB?

thx

• 2 months later...

Amazing collection! Are there any differences with the raiden variants.? The version I have is the very original copy with JTS on the label and it crashes often crashes. The title screen has ces v3. Is there a more final version than this? It also has music from ninja gaiden, the level 1 boss track on the title screen lol. I just want confirmation before I decide to pre-order a copy from Peter M. Thanks!

Edited by JagLynx4Life

AFAIK, the CES version 3 is a pre-release, non-final version, that is different from the one you can order from Telegames. The CES v3 ROM is also easy to find on the internet, whereas the final version has not leaked. Hence, you will likely find more cartridges with CES v3, and only the final version from Telegames.

Yeah, very sad. The CES version 3 I find everywhere has graphical glitches and crashes in level 1. So I never even saw level 2. Telegames hasn't sold Raiden for a while now, so maybe they won't do another run at all... maybe the license expired? Same with Desert Strike, but at least that one has a good ROM available.

Anyway, good to know that the super buggy ROM we know is not what Telegames sells.

• 6 months later...

I just recently completed my complete Lynx retail collection, ...

Now it's on to tracking down the remaining "big box" versions I need as well as cart variants.

MASSIVE kudos for your complete Lynx collection! How long did it take you?

My Lynx memory ain't as good as it used to be - how many big boxes are there? From memory its Cali Games, Electrocop and Gates of Zendocon?? Which do you need? I've got a few plastic tubs of Lynx gear and i may have one you need. I really can't remember as i only use the multiplayer tub (8 Lynxes and all sets of loose ComLynxale games) - the boxed & SP games are stored away and did not look in a while (read LOOONG while).

Out of curiosity, what would a complete boxed retail Lynx collection (minus most homebrews) go for? I've been thinking about selling mine off for some time now. Oddly, I think Raiden is the only Telegames release I'm missing (no idea why I didn't buy it back in when it was available). Of course I use the instruction manual posters as decorations for my game room so I guess a few games would be missing instructions. :)