CollectorVision 2014 Lineup

colecovision Atari2600 Intellivision Homebrews CollectorVision

99 replies to this topic

#26 ColecoDan OFFLINE  

ColecoDan

Stargunner

• 1,832 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 9:50 AM

Yes, but the packaging you're reffereing to look like shit, honestly .... This was one of my very first attempt to make boxes

Stop making fun of my piece of coleco history.  ;)     Oh and your own creation   :)

#27 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,160 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 9:54 AM

Stop making fun of my piece of coleco history.  ;)     Oh and your own creation   :)

:lol: .... Ok sorry Dan ;)

#28 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,215 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 10:22 AM

so is cabbage patch the same hack I have from way back in the day when you had it and created a box for it?

Yes, but the packaging you're reffereing to look like shit, honestly .... This was one of my very first attempt to make boxes

So what is this CPK hack anyway? Does it have added screens?

#29 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,160 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 10:25 AM

It's a whole lot more colorfull .... I think the MSX version is identical

#30 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,242 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 10:41 AM

Here's some pics Luc....

Attached Thumbnails

• Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park - ScreenShot #01.png
  • Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park - ScreenShot #02.png
  • Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park - ScreenShot #03.png
  • Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park - ScreenShot #04.png
  • Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park - ScreenShot #05.png
  • Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park - ScreenShot #06.png

#31 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,215 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 10:57 AM

Here's some pics Luc....

Nice! Thanks Jim. :)

#32 Manoau2002 OFFLINE  

Manoau2002

Stargunner

• 1,072 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 12:25 PM

Does anyone have a link for a youtube video for the castle (original game not coleco version) I am just curious what the game looks like but I am not familiar with the game or what system it was released for.

#33 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,452 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 12:41 PM

Does anyone have a link for a youtube video for the castle (original game not coleco version) I am just curious what the game looks like but I am not familiar with the game or what system it was released for.

#34 sega_SHARK OFFLINE  

sega_SHARK

Dragonstomper

• 777 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 12:43 PM

http://segaretro.org/The_Castle

^Link for game info  ^

#35 sega_SHARK OFFLINE  

sega_SHARK

Dragonstomper

• 777 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 12:44 PM

Youki beat me to it.

#36 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,452 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 12:51 PM

Youki beat me to it.

you put the SG1000 version,  i put the MSX one.  :)

It is more straight foward to port from SG1000 to coleco... than MSX to Coleco.   So if i have to port quickly this game, i would start from the SG1000 version.    

#37 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,160 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 1:18 PM

you put the SG1000 version,  i put the MSX one.  :)

It is more straight foward to port from SG1000 to coleco... than MSX to Coleco.   So if i have to port quickly this game, i would start from the SG1000 version.

I think Steve is a SG1000 guy , so bet this will be a SG port ;)

#38 Pumantor OFFLINE  

Pumantor

Star Raider

• 77 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 1:30 PM

Impressive line-up but I guess "la patrouille de la lune " is missing !!!
No?

#39 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,160 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 1:46 PM

Impressive line-up but I guess "la patrouille de la lune " is missing !!!No?

Toby told me there's 4 more games...... maybe it's one of them?

And ugh... I TOTALLY forgot: Moon Patrol too!

( Yeah I know Luc, I should get some sleep ;) )

#40 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,215 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 4:43 PM

I think Steve is a SG1000 guy , so bet this will be a SG port ;)

Did the SG-1000 version allow the player to speed up the game at a press of a button? Someone once told me there was such an option when I complained that The Castle played rather slowly. I'm hoping this feature will exist in the ColecoVision version...

#41 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,215 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 4:44 PM

And ugh... I TOTALLY forgot: Moon Patrol too!

( Yeah I know Luc, I should get some sleep ;) )

Making a list and double-checking it before creating a new forum thread would also help.  ;)

#42 Troy_Whelan OFFLINE  

Troy_Whelan

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 7:12 PM

Not sure how I feel about Comic Bakery being released as I have one of the five prototypes from OpCode.  I would hope that the CollectorVision version would be SIGNIFICANTLY different than the OpCode prototype and not just a new release with polished graphics or something...otherwise you will be setting a really bad precedent for both developers and for the gaming community that either purchased prototypes or may be inclined to purchase prototypes, or even limited releases, at higher prices in the future.

Troy

#43 5-11under OFFLINE  

5-11under

River Patroller

• 3,398 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 8:52 PM

Not sure how I feel about Comic Bakery being released as I have one of the five prototypes from OpCode.  I would hope that the CollectorVision version would be SIGNIFICANTLY different than the OpCode prototype and not just a new release with polished graphics or something...otherwise you will be setting a really bad precedent for both developers and for the gaming community that either purchased prototypes or may be inclined to purchase prototypes, or even limited releases, at higher prices in the future.

Troy

It sounds like it's a re-done conversion, and quite likely not based on Eduardo's version. If I had the skill and time, I'd do the conversion myself. I seriously thought about re-doing the SG-1000 ones that he sold around the same time, because I was disappointed with the limited distribution.

#44 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,684 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 8:55 PM

Geez!  I completely forgot this one!  Sorry Chris

It's not a problem, don't worry. :)

#45 coleco_master OFFLINE  

coleco_master

Dragonstomper

• 662 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 9:24 PM

It sounds like it's a re-done conversion, and quite likely not based on Eduardo's version. If I had the skill and time, I'd do the conversion myself. I seriously thought about re-doing the SG-1000 ones that he sold around the same time, because I was disappointed with the limited distribution.

I confirm, it's a re-done conversion :-D

#46 retroillucid OFFLINE  

retroillucid

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 8,160 posts

Posted Sun Feb 9, 2014 9:27 PM

But what I can do if a programmer release his version of Mario Bros ?
Not much really

Or what if while I develop or produce a game and someone beat me and release it before me?
No much...

So by your saying, nobody should ever port Galaga to CV cause someone sold homebrew protos

We're not talking about an original game idea here, a game that no one of us own the rights

Don't get me wrong though, I understand your point of view too

Edited by retroillucid, Sun Feb 9, 2014 9:29 PM.

#47 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,452 posts

Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:13 AM

Troy

Do you have really the feeling to have bought a "Prototype"?

I don't consider what Eduardo sold on ebay as a "prototype".  It is something like a very limited edition to allow him to found his SGM development.  It has been made specifically for that.

Aside that i understand your concern , but you can not blame CollectorVision to create its own version here.

And personally , i think i could be not a such bad thing  to create such of precedent....   It could not so bad for the community at the end.

Edited by youki, Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:13 AM.

#48 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,215 posts

Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:46 AM

Do you have really the feeling to have bought a "Prototype"?

I don't consider what Eduardo sold on ebay as a "prototype".  It is something like a very limited edition to allow him to found his SGM development.  It has been made specifically for that.

Eduardo called those 5-cart limited releases "prototypes" because they did not undergo rigorous beta-testing. He just ported them, tested them himself to the best of his abilities, and that was it. They may bug out and crash if you play any length of time with them.

But you're right, he auctioned off those prototypes to help fund the SGM.

#49 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,452 posts

Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:14 AM

Eduardo called those 5-cart limited releases "prototypes" because they did not undergo rigorous beta-testing. He just ported them, tested them himself to the best of his abilities, and that was it. They may bug out and crash if you play any length of time with them.

humm... so most of Collectorvision 'release are prototype?  :grin:      ...  ok..i'm just kidding...:)    but in the past , it was not so wrong...  ;)

#50 rhcocker OFFLINE  

rhcocker

Moonsweeper

• 390 posts

Posted Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 AM

Aside that i understand your concern , but you can not blame CollectorVision to create its own version here.

And personally , i think i could be not a such bad thing  to create such of precedent....   It could not so bad for the community at the end.

Exactly.  Now, I beg you good sir... be a saint to the community and produce a few more copies of ghost n zombies.  Hell, I'd buy it even if it was in an old E.T. Cart.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colecovision, Atari2600, Intellivision, Homebrews, CollectorVision

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users