Just something that come in my head.
If you do a complete rewrite of Comic Bakery , why not take the time , instead doing another game more interresting ?
Comic Bakery is a fun game but i think there are lot of other that could be more interresting on C.V.
Or it is a so enhanced version that in fact it will be totally different but just keeping the same theme... that would be great!
Youki does make a great point. If CollectorVision was lucky enough to enlist the help of a programmer who is willing to do a game like Comic Bakery (a game that is definately not on many people's most-wanted list) completely from scratch, then why not let him code a game that everyone would love to see become reality? I can voice a few suggestions off the top of my head:
- Skiing (the famous Coleco vaporware title)
- Dracula (assuming Dale Wick would agree to let go of the project on his end)
- Mr Turtle (another vaporware title, which is completely open-ended in terms of design)
- Venture II (shouldn't be all that hard to program, and it would sell like hot cakes!)
- Pepper I (heck, I'll help with the design of this game myself!!!)
- Yars' Revenge (just for the fun of it!)
- Frostbite Arcade (I'll do all the graphics for this one if it helps to make it happen!)
- Pressure Cooker Arcade (again, I'll do all the graphics if required)
I could probably add a dozen more games to the above list, but I think you get the idea. Unless J-F and Tobie are completely in love with Comic Bakery, and are dead set on publishing it on the ColecoVision (just like I was dead set on releasing Module Man and The Black Onyx on the CV, so I know how that is) then perhaps we could all convince CollectorVision to do another game, one we all really want?