IGNORED

Arcade games possibly coming to the 3DS/Wii U Virtual Consoles

Atariboy

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/222082-esrb-lists-arcade-version-of-solomon-s-key-for-wii-u-3ds

The ESRB appears to have revised its entry for the arcade version of Solomon's Key to cover the 3DS and Wii U.

Hopefully this is a second chance after the extremely disappointing arcade lineup on the original Wii service for North America (If we count the NeoGeo separately which fared pretty well). At the very least, I hope some of the nice arcade releases that didn't make it out of Japan last time like Mr. Do pop up now.

Edit: And the arcade entries for Ninja Gaiden and Tecmo Bowl include the 3DS now I just discovered. Spot checks of Sega/Namco/Capcom releases on the Wii Virtual Console Arcade don't reveal any changes that I've spotted (I checked Mappy, Commando, and Space Harrier).

Edited by Atariboy

Yeah, the arcade lineup wasn't terrible on the Wii, it's just that the prices were absurd. Why am I going to pay $10 for something like 1942, when I can get a Capcom compilation on another platform for less than twice as much with twenty times the games? It was stupid. The only one I picked up was Ninja Gaiden, as that's a bit tougher to access on other platforms.

• Like 1