IGNORED

Oh well

Maertens29

Just an FYI, you'll probably want to post a picture, where you're located, and links to feedback you have on other forums, eBay, etc. People can get excited 'round these parts if you don't.

Good luck mate!

Updated, thanks, I was being lazy haha. I'm use to being established, haven't joined a new forum in awhile.

My question to you would be if your not an Atari collector why would you even own this graded game and on top of that pay 320 for it ?

Not an atari collector FIRST, I do cart only atari for the most part since it has little sentimental value to me, I'm only 20. Besides that though there are some titles of historical significance on atari, Mario bros being one of those. Despite not being huge into atari, Mario bros on any platform makes for a nice display piece.

Edit: I also do own all the main 2600 consoles, jr and 4 switch cib, and a cib 7800. I just don't actively search out and collect atari - besides outliers.

Edited by Maertens29

My question to you would be if your not an Atari collector why would you even own this graded game and on top of that pay 320 for it ?

Easy, 'cause 'intendo peeps are even goofier than us Atari folks! :lol:

They care about and spend a hell of a lot more money on the stupidest things... such as 3-screw soccer games, $300 copies of Princess Rescue, $10+k on carts with damaged labels and overpriced Gyromite's that have Famicon adapters inside them.

<-----runs, ducks and tries to dodge the impending flames and comparisons! :rolling:

• Like 7

Hey,

I am curious as to if anyone would be interested in this or what the general opinions on pricing or interest would be?

I picked this up for $320 which I think is a steal given how hard it is to find these in mint condition. I am NOT an atari collector first and foremost so I don't really know if there is huge demand for sealed / graded atari games.

According to VGA there are only 2 copies of the 1987 version (an 85, which apparently sold for 900 according to VGPC, and my 85+), and no graded copies of the 1982(83?) version.

So yea, if interested chuck me an offer or post your general opinions,

Thanks!

Edit for personal info:

I operate under ebay and nintendoage under the same username: Maertens29, I'm a top rated power seller.

And a picture:

You paid way too much for that version of the game in that condition. The 1987 international version is pretty common and I know of at least a couple of Atari vendors that still sell it NIB for $20 or less. The 1983 silver box version is much more uncommon, but even that isn't a $320 game. Maybe you can convince some desperate Nintendo collector to pay $320+ for this, but nobody here is going to do so.

• Like 4

You paid way too much for that version of the game in that condition. The 1987 international version is pretty common and I know of at least a couple of Atari vendors that still sell it NIB for $20 or less. The 1983 silver box version is much more uncommon, but even that isn't a $320 game. Maybe you can convince some desperate Nintendo collector to pay $320+ for this, but nobody here is going to do so.

I know it isn't a rare game per-say, I'm more going with the condition being the rare part. I have looked at all still available completed listings and there are copies selling for close to $100 that have considerable wear.

I'm not looking to dispute your opinion, I'm just looking for more reinforcement. Do these vendors that have NIB product have case fresh available or are they damaged stock?

I know it isn't a rare game per-say, I'm more going with the condition being the rare part. I have looked at all still available completed listings and there are copies selling for close to $100 that have considerable wear.

I'm not looking to dispute your opinion, I'm just looking for more reinforcement. Do these vendors that have NIB product have case fresh available or are they damaged stock?

They are case fresh and straight out of Atari's former warehouses. I have no doubt people on Ebay are constantly paying too much for games. Like I said, maybe you can find some unsophisticated buyer like yourself that will pay more than the $320 you already overpaid for this game. It's just not going to happen here.

• Like 1

They are case fresh and straight out of Atari's former warehouses. I have no doubt people on Ebay are constantly paying too much for games. Like I said, maybe you can find some unsophisticated buyer like yourself that will pay more than the $320 you already overpaid for this game. It's just not going to happen here.

I would sub unknowledgeable for unsophisticated but I appreciate the advice, despite the bluntness...

I would sub unknowledgeable for unsophisticated but I appreciate the advice, despite the bluntness...

Those graded games tend to cater to a much different crowd than we have here at AA. Truthfully, $320 could buy you a whole lot of minty Atari 2600 stuff that is not "graded and slabbed". In the end, the hardcore Atari collectors tend to not want graded items, so you will be hard pressed to sell it for more than you paid...I would gather, it might even be difficult to make your money back.

Mario Bros, as bojay mentioned, is fairly common to find sealed. Having it graded will cost a few bucks, but not $300. Unfortunately, I think you made an uninformed purchase decision, and that's gonna cost you with this one. On the bright side, if you are a rabid Nintendo collector, it will look nice on your wall next to a $500+ graded copy of Princess Rescue! :P

• Like 6

There is stock out there in 85+ condition. Atari guys just haven't taken to the grading services. It is also far more common than the NES version. If you are looking to flip you would be better off going directly to NES collectors. 300 gets you a lot in terms of Atari items and Atari collectors aren't really looking to spend 10-100x for a sealed copy of anything.

• Like 3

Yo, Maertens29, have I got a bridge deal for you! This thing is soooo minty, brand new and still sealed! No need for VGA grading, since it's literally brand new and undamaged. I even wore latex gloves (not the cheap Wal-mart kind with the white powder either) when handling it. Even includes its original AA sticker which doubles as a seal of approval! I'll even include an extra tamper-proof seal of approval (pictured hanging off the upper right) and no_extra_charge! :love:

If you don't want it, be sure to tell your NA friends!!! Bargains galore to be found here at AA!

BTW: I paid $700 for this and thought *that* was a steal. Sacrificing for only $500... need the money to purchase a bike for my tyke. My loss is your gain!

post-13896-0-37745900-1392080269_thumb.jpg

...imagine this sitting on your shelf... proudly displayed next to your VGA graded Mario Bros.! A game that nobody thought could ever be done... was finally done. And on the system that started it all!

• Like 5

Yo, Maertens29, have I got a bridge deal for you! This thing is soooo minty, brand new and still sealed! No need for VGA grading, since it's literally brand new and undamaged. I even wore latex gloves (not the cheap Wal-mart kind with the white powder either) when handling it. Even includes its original AA sticker which doubles as a seal of approval! I'll even include an extra tamper-proof seal of approval (pictured hanging off the upper right) and no_extra_charge! :love:

If you don't want it, be sure to tell your NA friends!!! Bargains galore to be found here at AA!

BTW: I paid $700 for this and thought *that* was a steal. Sacrificing for only $500... need the money to purchase a bike for my tyke. My loss is your gain!

attachicon.gifprincess.jpg

...imagine this sitting on your shelf... proudly displayed next to your VGA graded Mario Bros.! A game that nobody thought could ever be done... was finally done. And on the system that started it all!

I will forever regret only getting Cart only of PR

I will forever regret only getting Cart only of PR

No such thing as regret when you have enough money. Or borked priorities. ;)

Heck, I'm such a nice guy, I'll even extend my boxed Princess Rescue offer to you. Since you're a semi-established AA member, I'll even forgo the ScamPal fees! :)

• Like 1

attachicon.gifprincess.jpg

OMG!

That is box style #2!

I didn't think they were released AT ALL.

That's got to be rare.

(Half kidding, half serious.)

See that front bottom center?

That was the 1st printing that was rejected, as it is the box style for the 7800 releases.

The sold boxed copies were from the 2nd correct 2600-box style printing.

Did you get this at a show?

You might actually be able to get $500-$700 or more.

All I have is a boxed copy and a loose copy, as I thought it was a first in batari Basic gameplay and wanted to support the author and AtariAge.