attachicon.gifissue_3.rar

attachicon.gifissue_4.rar

Atari Lynx User magazines numbers 5 and 6:

attachicon.gifissue_5.rar

attachicon.gifissue_6.rar

And the final issue of Atari Lynx User:

attachicon.gifissue_7.rar

Thank you very very much!

By the way - that's an impressive collection you've got there. Completionist indeed!

Then there is the Pinky/Mandy development kit, consisting of:

The binder with documentation (release 1.6).

attachicon.gifWP_002644.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002645.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002646.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002647.jpg

The original diskettes.

attachicon.gifWP_002648.jpg

And the Pinky (grey case) and Mandy (modified Handy/Lynx)

attachicon.gifWP_002649.jpg

Love it. I've never actually seen a Handy kit before!

All you need is P.I.T.S.

i know. There are a couple of other ones that I am looking for, but they are really, really hard to find.

I guess that most of all I am looking for a Howard/Howdy development kit to work on preserving that part of the development stack. If anyone knows someone who has one, but is not using it, or willing to lend it to me: please contact me.

• 2 months later...

This is a very very impressive collection and topic about all the stuff one can collect for the Atari Lynx.

My first reaction was: "WOW!"

My second reaction was: "That must have cost you a lot of time, effort and money dude."

I think I speak for a lot of smaller collectors when I say: "Please continue collecting and posting new gems into this topic".

Keep up the good work.

Hi Gekke Henkie (sounds Dutch),

Thanks for the complments. Yes, it did cost me a lot of time, but time well spent and very satisfying. I've never summed the money I paid for (parts of) the set, but there is some involved obviously. However, I never spent ridiculous amounts of money (save for the MISB Lemmings, that I bought a few years too late, and the Lynx development kit). The rest I bought in the nineties (as a normal player), and traded in 2000 and beyond when I started collecting more fanatically. There was a hiatus in collecting, where it just sat in the attic. That was just a couple of years. At one point I even thought of selling all doubles that I had (mostly MISB), but someone advised me not to do it. That's when I started to collect the MISB version of the commercial games (Atari era).

I will update with new items that I find. For now it is just a French Gates of Zendocon manual, but as soon as I get a decent batch of new things, I will definitely post it.

Thanks.

By popular demand. Be warned: I am only collecting for the Atari Lynx and focus fully on that, plus I have been working on this since 1989.

Loose cartridges, trying to get as many cartridges as ComLynx allows for that game.

attachicon.gifWP_000258.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000256.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002557.jpg

Jaguar has offically three networkable games (Battlesphere, Doom, Aircars) and here the Lynx has all these titles that you could network. Just mind boggling. Cool illustration.

Then there is the Pinky/Mandy development kit, consisting of:

The binder with documentation (release 1.6).

attachicon.gifWP_002644.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002645.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002646.jpgattachicon.gifWP_002647.jpg

The original diskettes.

attachicon.gifWP_002648.jpg

And the Pinky (grey case) and Mandy (modified Handy/Lynx)

attachicon.gifWP_002649.jpg

Was this the module that would program the Lynx games using the Amiga?

That is one thing I liked about the Lynx is how they got SOOOO much coverage in the comics. Seems like when I read early 90's DC comics I find a Lynx ad fairly often.

Gekke Henkie (sounds Dutch),

It's Dutch indeed. :P

I forgot my other account name+password+email used so I just created a new account just to reply to this thread.

I just started collecting half a year ago. So I'm pretty new in the collecting game but I like it.

So far I've managed to get 56 games and all this hardware + boxes http://retroplayer.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11&start=30

No new stuff, no press kits or demo carts but I'm not going for that at this moment (maybe later).

Currently I focus on all games within rarity 1-8 (starting with rarity 1-4 CIB and 5-8 CIB if possible)

• 7 months later...

Hats off! That is a FANTASTIC Lynx collection! And here i thought i had a ton :-o

Btw, nice to see others collecting complete Lynx ComLynx carts. Have you got them all? I got a ton of mine back in the day when no one cared about retro so it didn't cost me an arm and three legs :D

Lynx wise, I'm mainly interested in tracking down a Japanese Gauntlet manual (and Box?? i just read that somewhere now...) I haven't seen one other than in your collection (Gauntlet manual) but now i'm going to start looking like a madman as i am a mad Gauntlet completionist collector! The only thing Lynx Japanese I have in my collection is a mint Slime World (cover is Japanese, box i can't remember seeing a difference, but like i said, only found out about Jap boxes now so i'll take another look, and as for the cart, all 8 of mine look the same so i think its just the manual that's different)

In any case, once again: FANTASTIC collection and thank you very much for sharing! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi from France!

First, I'd like to excuse my bad english. I'd like to share my little collection of Atari Lynx with you. A bit history first.

I discovered this machine in the end of 1989 in a Virgin Megastore in Paris. A Lynx was available as demo machine. We could play to Blue Lightning. It was amazing. At this time, I had an Atari ST so, the Lynx was a bit from "the family". I was really interested and as I said, Blue Lightning was a real slap for me! Zoom, distortions, great sound! The game Afterburner II was really famous at this time and Blue Lightning was an excellent clone! I played hours in this demo machine, even I remember there was only one level I think. Whatever! I need this Lynx! But like in the USA, the machine was really expensive in France too! (1490 frs, almost the same price in $). I was a college studient, no money! Adieu Lynx! :(
I could buy it two years after, the price was the half with the Lynx II, and I started to work, but I didn't. Don't know why. Maybe I knew it was already over. French magazines didn't talk about it very much, not enough games, not enough audience. I saw Atari to ignore this wonderful machine then stop it. In 1993, I bought a SNES and my life took another path but this is another story.
Last year, almost 30 y after, I realized my dream and I bought a Lynx, the first model which is the most iconic I think. Some games came very fast, Blue Lightning of course and others. To have this machine in my hand, it was like a dream. The next month, the Lynx II arived, and many games and accessories. I take a great pleasure with it. Fun and what a machine! To think how Atari left it, it's so sad and stupid. :(
My collection can't compare to LX.NET of course but I'm proud of it! :)
(click to enlarge)
mini_190603043429294361.jpg
My collection. I bought a little display for the Lynx I.
mini_190603043633802898.jpg
Four cases!
mini_190603043641209344.jpg
First one. I put all games and accessories inside.
mini_190603043656243403.jpg
Games.
mini_190603043655862969.jpg
Even with four cases, it's not enough for games, so I put the others one in pocket pouches. Yes, there are girls in the top of the righ corner... I bought this homebrew in the beginning of the year, just to show if the Lynx could make beautiful pictures.
mini_190603044112530758.jpg
I can't imagine Game Boy make that!
mini_190603044124136934.jpg
mini_190603044135208492.jpg
mini_190603044144488141.jpg
mini_190603044148616354.jpg
mini_190603044203934492.jpg
mini_19060304420814498.jpg
Other cases and games.
mini_190603044215430134.jpg
Few boxes, I bought a lot of games without it, cheaper.
I'd like to finish with the power pack from Naki that I didn't see here. It's a big rechargeable battery to connect to your Lynx II (only). I bought it 1€ as new! People really don't care about Lynx...
mini_190603044506557036.jpg
Very 90's colors...
mini_190603045652260093.jpg
Just clip it.
mini_190603045652846577.jpg
And now you can play 6h! But you need to charge the battery 12h before... And the most funny is now: with this battery pack, your Lynx is 850gr!!! :) :) :)
  • Like 3