IGNORED

photos of old men

"Speakin of persnal", I really cheesed off someone who got personal with me about my eating habits. (He's a militant Vegan) Anyway after feeling it was his right to continually hound me, I sent him THIS in an email... he's not said a word since!

Yeah—I can see how that might do it. I can see also that I need to get myself over to the carry-out one of my sons manages and get a gyro (dead lamb and cow)!

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
  • Like 1

Love the novelty hand rests.

I am more intrigued by the apparition sitting behind whom I assume is her boyfriend (current or at the time.)

TI-Sissy

How come you became interested in the TI-99/4A? (Seen that you are younger than the most of us)

Guessing by some of her other posts, she is a problem-solver. Anything enigmatic introduces a puzzle which she just has to solve. My friend's daughter was the same way and loved my TI. My girlfriend is also like that -- which I have concluded is a large part of why she stays with me. It is a sexy quality in a woman.

TI-Sissy

How come you became interested in the TI-99/4A? (Seen that you are younger than the most of us)

when my bf's dad died it was in a box of the stuff he wanted to throw out as junk! i was sick that day and thought the lil computer was cute. i figured out how to hook it up. now it's mine.

• Like 3

when my bf's dad died it was in a box of the stuff he wanted to throw out as junk! i was sick that day and thought the lil computer was cute. i figured out how to hook it up. now it's mine.

TI-Sissy, you are hereby officially adopted as the official honorary daughter of all of us old TI guys. :)

Should you ever need assistance of any kind, or be threatened in any way, just let your Dads know, and the problem will disappear.

All Of Us

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 3

Ok, so I didn't even know this thread was alive. But, since it is. What the hell, I'll throw mine in too! It is nice to put a face with a name right?!?

This is me and my girlfriend. When I'm not playing with her, I play with the TI...

Drive like a mad man with the top down and the pedal to the floor! ;-) (and hence the reason I need a new tranny)

"I'm a Toys-R-Us kid, I'll never grow up!"

Cheers!

-Dano

post-30710-0-89845000-1395546999_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ok, so I didn't even know this thread was alive. But, since it is. What the hell, I'll throw mine in too! It is nice to put a face with a name right?!?

This is me and my girlfriend. When I'm not playing with her, I play with the TI...

Drive like a mad man with the top down and the pedal to the floor! ;-) (and hence the reason I need a new tranny)

"I'm a Toys-R-Us kid, I'll never grow up!"

Cheers!

-Dano

Uhhhh, your girlfriend needs a "tranny?" You realize...

• Like 2

Uhhhh, your girlfriend needs a "tranny?" You realize...

I'm not the most bright person when it comes to realizing what I am about to say, could be taken quite wrong... DOH!

So, just to clear things up... I'm not into tranny's but my girlfriend needs first gear to work again. I hate skipping directly to 2nd, but it won't stop me! And certainly isn't the first time I skipped first base. At least she doesn't say "no". ;-)

-Dano

• Like 1

I'm not the most bright person when it comes to realizing what I am about to say, could be taken quite wrong... DOH!

So, just to clear things up... I'm not into tranny's but my girlfriend needs first gear to work again. I hate skipping directly to 2nd, but it won't stop me! And certainly isn't the first time I skipped first base. At least she doesn't say "no". ;-)

-Dano

If you don't have first gear, chances are that there's pieces of the gear that have broken off and are floating around in the trans. They will eventually get caught in between the other gears and you'll lose them too. If you're not going to get this repaired right away or sooner, at least get the fluid changed so you hopefully eliminate the floating chunks of metal. And don't put the stick in first gear anymore, so you don't break off any more pieces.

Gazoo

If you don't have first gear, chances are that there's pieces of the gear that have broken off and are floating around in the trans. They will eventually get caught in between the other gears and you'll lose them too. If you're not going to get this repaired right away or sooner, at least get the fluid changed so you hopefully eliminate the floating chunks of metal. And don't put the stick in first gear anymore, so you don't break off any more pieces.

Gazoo

That was my second concern when I blew 1st out. First concern being getting off the road safely. I took her to the shop and my guy (who's been an independent Porsche repair guy for some 40 years) and I left him scratching his head. He's never seen my situation before. And without actually removing it and opening it up to see the issue, he left me with the statement "well, if you don't mind not using first gear she'll probably last until you burn the clutch up and those are pretty hearty!" He found no metal flakes, the linkage was a little bent (likely from me reefing on it for 30 minutes) which he fixed, it shifts great no binding no nothing, just like normal, except you cannot get it into first, and if you do, you may not get it out. My guess is a bad syncro.

Thankfully she's got a lot of torque and first is pretty low, so 2nd starts aren't too bad, and it's a six speed so I've still got five to work with! LOL No jack rabbit starts or racing for me though (which is probably a good thing).

In all seriousness, I haven't driven her since last August, when it wasn't raining here. And unfortunately, she's got age going against her (don't we all) and it's time to replace those bushings and many rubber things that go bad when their 20+ years old. So, that is why I'm selling off all my unnecessary stuff that I've accumulated and really don't need cluttering up my free space and my subconscious cycles. My ultimate goal is to reduce my footprint, on earth to; my car, my laptop, and a TI. Oh, and clothes, and I don't need many of those in Phoenix. ;-)

I'm afraid once I start with the repairs I'll find myself saying the classic line, "while you're in there..." and my money will run out before my will to finish (although, that's pretty strong about now - time will do that). Regardless, looking forward to getting her fixed back up and on the road again so I can resume my road trips this summer! Get that wind back in my hair, discover some new back roads to wind through, and put that huge grin on my face like it always does. 101 and SoCal, here I come!

Thanks for the heads up though on the metal and potential damage. If I wasn't a minor gearhead and understand the risks, that would be critical to know! One thought that comes to my mind about now is that TV show, Seconds from Disaster... LOL Let's hope I've got a few seconds left! Then again, that might be my only chance at fifteen seconds of fame...

Cheers!

-Dano