IGNORED

photos of old men

I have no clue what to believe when it comes to "TI-Sissy". Up until today, I never questioned it. I do know that many people do not use their real names on the Internet, (i.e. Ω). I can only imagine how reticent a female might be to put her real picture or identity on a forum with a bunch of old men. The Internet is not a safe place.

I sure hope it's not a 40 year old guy like bennybingo suggests, because that would be downright creepy. Of course if it is a she, and she resembles the photo in the last post, I understand why she might also not want to post a real pic. We'll see.

• Like 1

I have no clue what to believe when it comes to "TI-Sissy". Up until today, I never questioned it. I do know that many people do not use their real names on the Internet, (i.e. Ω). I can only imagine how reticent a female might be to put her real picture or identity on a forum with a bunch of old men. The Internet is not a safe place.

I sure hope it's not a 40 year old guy like bennybingo suggests, because that would be downright creepy. Of course if it is a she, and she resembles the photo in the last post, I understand why she might also not want to post a real pic. We'll see.

The better question is, who asked "her" to post a photo in this thread to begin with...after all, the thread title is "photos of old men". :ponder:

I too, like to keep my own pics to myself when it comes to internet sites (hence, the Shatner head which covered up my real face in the skateboard photo I posted earlier). I do that for a few reasons, but mostly because of weirdo trolls on internet forums. For that reason, I keep my location private as well. Too many screwballs out there in the interwebs.

In any case...girl, guy or otherwise, the posts that were made by sissy, were clearly that of a Troll. I cast my vote for the 40yr old, momma's basement guy, but that is my opinion. As for the troll posting another pic of "herself"...I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If you do get another photo, it will probably look something like this one:

post-29022-0-23641100-1395962171_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The better question is, who asked "her" to post a photo in this thread to begin with...after all, the thread title is "photos of old men". :ponder:

I too, like to keep my own pics to myself when it comes to internet sites (hence, the Shatner head which covered up my real face in the skateboard photo I posted earlier). I do that for a few reasons, but mostly because of weirdo trolls on internet forums. For that reason, I keep my location private as well. Too many screwballs out there in the interwebs.

In any case...girl, guy or otherwise, the posts that were made by sissy, were clearly that of a Troll. I cast my vote for the 40yr old, momma's basement guy, but that is my opinion. As for the troll posting another pic of "herself"...I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. If you do get another photo, it will probably look something like this one:

attachicon.gifPretty-Shat-1.jpg

Hmmm... I've seen a few trolls in my time. Their presence on the old TI Yahoo group is why I left it. I've read TI-Sissy's posts and they are definitely un-troll-like. There is substance to them. She asks pertinent questions. Perhaps you should actually look up the definition of internet troll. Never mind, here it is:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

This discussion was ambling along nicely until you showed up. I personally didn't believe that was actually TI-Sissy's real photo, but I don't blame her for not posting her real image. I believe she actually has a good heart, enough that I privately sent her a real photo of myself. So who actually fits the definition of troll? Hmmmm? Do you have a mirror?

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

Hmmm... I've seen a few trolls in my time. Their presence on the old TI Yahoo group is why I left it. I've read II-Sissy's posts and they are definitely un-troll-like. There is substance to them. She asks pertinent questions. Perhaps you should actually look up the definition of internet troll. Never mind, here it is:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

This discussion was ambling along nicely until you showed up. I personally didn't believe that was actually TI-Sissy's real photo, but I don't blame her for not posting her real image. I believe she actually has a good heart, enough that I privately sent her a real photo of myself. So who actually fits the definition of troll? Hmmmm? Do you have a mirror?

Gazoo

I happen to own plenty of mirrors...thanks for asking.

As for looking up the definition of a troll, I would suggest you re-read "her" posts towards mine. I put a photo up of myself, photoshopped with Shatner's head....a light hearted thing to do. I didn't say anything out of line...I didn't attempt to create any drama. On the other hand, "her" replies towards my post were immediately inflammatory. I didn't call anyone names, nor use harsh language. Her posts were pointed, direct and personal. Give me a break dude.

I did not join this thread with any ill will or intent, so if you want to call me a troll, then I have every right to call you what you are...delusional. Both in the fact that you are trying to label me as a troll, and also because you can't seem to handle that I might be correct. Maybe it's tough to swallow, but when someone puts a bogus "hot chick" photo up of themselves on an internet site, warning bells should go off. I can't help it if that's difficult for some folks to believe, but it is the reality of the situation. Haven't you ever heard of the documentary / tv show called Catfish? It's the internet folks...

I happen to own plenty of mirrors...thanks for asking.

As for looking up the definition of a troll, I would suggest you re-read "her" posts towards mine. I put a photo up of myself, photoshopped with Shatner's head....a light hearted thing to do. I didn't say anything out of line...I didn't attempt to create any drama. On the other hand, "her" replies towards my post were immediately inflammatory. I didn't call anyone names, nor use harsh language. Her posts were pointed, direct and personal. Give me a break dude.

I did not join this thread with any ill will or intent, so if you want to call me a troll, then I have every right to call you what you are...delusional. Both in the fact that you are trying to label me as a troll, and also because you can't seem to handle that I might be correct. Maybe it's tough to swallow, but when someone puts a bogus "hot chick" photo up of themselves on an internet site, warning bells should go off. I can't help it if that's difficult for some folks to believe, but it is the reality of the situation. Haven't you ever heard of the documentary / tv show called Catfish? It's the internet folks...

Since you haven't posted in this forum before you entered this thread with your ill will and intent, your argument is null and void. Please reread my message again, you apparently missed 99% of it's content. You also are apparently unaware of TI-Sissy's history here and haven't been following this forum. Me delusional?, too many friends in the TI community that know better. You delusional, maybe, you're completely unknown here, except your trolling of this thread.

Gazoo

Me delusional?

I personally didn't believe that was actually TI-Sissy's real photo, but I don't blame her for not posting her real image. I believe she actually has a good heart, enough that I privately sent her a real photo of myself.

Case in point. You sent your photo via PM to a complete stranger, whom you happen to KNOW is misrepresenting them-self with a bogus picture??? That's what I call delusional buddy.

Since you seem to think you are more upstanding and important to the TI forums than I am, I will leave as quickly as I joined in. Just remember...you don't know me either. You have no idea what I could have possibly contributed, nor do you seem to care. I have been an active and very productive member/paid subscriber of the AA forums for years. I've given of myself to this group far more than I have taken away.

This was my first visit to the TI threads. I came in with an open mind and a sense of humor (like it or not). If this is how you talk to people, it is no wonder it is such a small community here. You can keep believing whatever you want. I have much better things to do with my free time than go back and forth with the likes of you.

Since you haven't posted in this forum before you entered this thread with your ill will and intent, your argument is null and void. Please reread my message again, you apparently missed 99% of it's content. You also are apparently unaware of TI-Sissy's history here and haven't been following this forum. Me delusional?, too many friends in the TI community that know better. You delusional, maybe, you're completely unknown here, except your trolling of this thread.

Gazoo

Hey Gazoo, I know bennybingo from the OFF-TOPIC area in the registered section of Atari Age, there is a CRAPLOAD of Shatner pics and animated gifs there. It's actually funny as hell. My thinking is that this is just a big misunderstanding. She did ask what is up with capt. Jerk, which rhymes with Kirk. Never having seen bennybingos stuff before, it may have been an innocent question. He replied, she got indignant and then all this broke loose. This is the last I'm going to say on this. I'm going to go on the assumption that it was a mis-understanding and that clear heads will prevail.

Please keep your discussions civil, folks.

Thank you!

I believe he was talking to you as well...re-read your posts towards me and take a look at how this whole thing got started in the first place. :roll:

u r rude & crude. ur avatar, that must be u & ur girlfriend. well matched, both pigs.

As for being civil, I NEVER said anything rude, insensitive or off color as what was said above (by the "girl" you referred to as having a "good heart"). Sorry if I insulted you somehow with my Shatner photo, but you really need to remove those blinders and see exactly who decided to get nasty in this thread to begin with. I was not the one who decided to make things personal here...I actually have a good heart. Ask around.

Hey Gazoo, I know bennybingo from the OFF-TOPIC area in the registered section of Atari Age, there is a CRAPLOAD of Shatner pics and animated gifs there. It's actually funny as hell. My thinking is that this is just a big misunderstanding. She did ask what is up with capt. Jerk, which rhymes with Kirk. Never having seen bennybingos stuff before, it may have been an innocent question. He replied, she got indignant and then all this broke loose. This is the last I'm going to say on this. I'm going to go on the assumption that it was a mis-understanding and that clear heads will prevail.

I'm sure most of us hope clearer heads will prevail. I don't necessarily agree with your assessment of the conversation, but I know that most of the time trolls don't respond to logic, so the best thing to do is to stop feeding them and they'll go away, unless they're a Magic Jack salesman or a Myarc cheerleader. :)

Best regards, Dash Dash Dash Infinity Dash Dash Dash. ;)

Gazoo

Easy gentlemen ("wow, who said that as he looked around in literal astonishment.")

I know both Tony and BB are legit. And I suspect this argument your having is to the delight of this sissy person. Don't know who the hell it is. Don't really give two shits but I can say if you look through it's posts, then most the time it is contributing absolutely nothing of substance or sticking it's thumb up someone's ass for something or other. Very clever little troll to suck you guys in with a stock photo but still (sorry Tony) the thing is a troll and has been from day one (my opinion only, no hard facts here.)

For a while I was sure Tim was behind this but the zingers were not clever and the escalation too quick. Definite dead end there, he's a joker not a jerk. There is no real intelligence or appearance of experience in "it's" posts so I suspect not so much a 40 year old jerking it in his mom's basement but more than likely a fat kid on a cell phone.

At any rate scams up. Happens from time to time. Good run Sissy but now it's time to fuck off or come clean.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to wail away on me now....

Hull.

• Like 2

Easy gentlemen ("wow, who said that as he looked around in literal astonishment.")

I know both Tony and BB are legit. And I suspect this argument your having is to the delight of this sissy person. Don't know who the hell it is. Don't really give two shits but I can say if you look through it's posts, then most the time it is contributing absolutely nothing of substance or sticking it's thumb up someone's ass for something or other. Very clever little troll to suck you guys in with a stock photo but still (sorry Tony) the thing is a troll and has been from day one (my opinion only, no hard facts here.)

For a while I was sure Tim was behind this but the zingers were not clever and the escalation too quick. Definite dead end there, he's a joker not a jerk. There is no real intelligence or appearance of experience in "it's" posts so I suspect not so much a 40 year old jerking it in his mom's basement but more than likely a fat kid on a cell phone.

At any rate scams up. Happens from time to time. Good run Sissy but now it's time to fuck off or come clean.

Just my 2 cents, feel free to wail away on me now....

Hull.

Thank you...that is exactly what I was trying to say before the whole thing derailed into name calling.

Well I noticed how "it" disrespected RXB on another post somewhere else, can't remember where .... RXB simply questioned why so many people use the "real metal" when it come to the TI99, and not emulation, which is cheaper .... the answer he got from "it" ended in the word "DUH" which I have NEVER seen done on this TI forum before, not to anyone. RXB deserved a better answer than that, no matter how silly his question.

I vote definate troll .... or at least an AA member with 2 accounts

• Like 2

The thing to remember is this: Written text is crap at conveying people's true intent. It tends to amplify. If we were in a bar all it would take would be a wink to know that someone is poking a little fun. I think this could apply to both Sissy's and Benny's posts. Trouble is, without that visual re-inforcement it gets amplified and taken the wrong way, and soon gets out of hand. I say reset, deep breath, and try again.

I doubt very much if BennyBingo is a troll. I can't imagine someone paying a subscription just so they could troll. He has 4768 post, and reputation of 3947. So, every 1.2 posts of his has been "liked" by an Atariage member. That's not the profile of a troll. Compare his stats to mine. I think most people would agree, I'm not a troll (though I probably look like one!). I have 1675 posts, and a rep of just 227, so my ratio 7.3 posts to an up-vote. I can only conclude from that that most of what I post is tiresome c*ap!

So I say welcome BennyBingo, let's all chill.

Edited by Willsy
  • Like 1

I think most people would agree, I'm not a troll (though I probably look like one!).

You finally moved out from under that bridge and stopped eating goats??

I have 1 positive rep point - I bet it did'nt stop you all downloading the TI99 Gamebase did it?

Well, you know... troll or no, we like free stuff. Besides, I swear I have seen you around other "retro" boards, in particular Amiga.

Hey, goats are delicious! :)

In any event, TI-Sissy does seem to have a TI--and is interested in it, so it really doesn't matter whether the presented personal data is true or not--so long as the interest in the TI is there, I say WELCOME! :)

Crawling back under my bridge to look for more goats, or maybe a sheep or two to roast and eat. . . LOLOL

• Like 1

You finally moved out from under that bridge and stopped eating goats??

Well, you know... troll or no, we like free stuff. Besides, I swear I have seen you around other "retro" boards, in particular Amiga.

Hmmn, what's that got to do with me posting on here? To my knowledge I have no negative posts on either "retro" board. I don't understand the rep points thing but find the whole "like" button banal and for facebook kiddies.

Thanks... but I have neither the time nor inclination for that sort of game.

Whether an elaborate prank or real person, I did not see TI-Sissy as a troll. Sure, some of the comments have been pointed but tame in comparison to things said by other people here and elsewhere.

What I do find interesting and even a little sad is how quickly people jump on the bandwagon.

• Like 1