easy pacman

Attached Files

#2 scalpel OFFLINE  

scalpel

Stargunner

• 1,978 posts

Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:50 PM

I'm chocked !

I didn't load and test and I won't ever but I hope it's a joke. Never use a hack for this wonderful game pleasssse :)

#3 Rick Reynolds OFFLINE  

Rick Reynolds

Dragonstomper

• 666 posts

Posted Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:57 PM

HA!  That's a crazy variant.  Basically, the monsters are slowed down to a ridiculous degree and the energizer timer is set to very long (maybe endless?).

Assuming I'm right about the changes, it seems like this might be a version where it's easy to see if there are any bugs for clearing hundreds of boards in the original game.

#4 pacman3211 OFFLINE  

pacman3211

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 50 posts

Posted Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:32 PM

pacman

ghosts stay blue until eaten.  ghosts move at normal speed.

Attached File  pacman.rom   24.56KB   74 downloads

ghosts are always edible.  the game crashes if you eat more than 4 ghosts.

Attached File  pacman.rom   24.56KB   123 downloads

Edited by pacman3211, Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:33 PM.

#5 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,176 posts

Posted Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:18 PM

Interesting Rom versions.

Any chance of putting a red bow on his head and re-arranging the maze?!!    :-D

#6 daldude OFFLINE  

daldude

Chopper Commander

• 128 posts

Posted Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:01 PM

The only problem with this hack is the Ghosts eyes take way to long to return to their house or they get dumb and forget where their house is. If only there was a way to make them return at normal speed but still make them slow when they are still ghosts.

It's a good hack to let one see all the prizes and intermissions if you are not a super video game wiz kid.

#7 atarifan88 OFFLINE  

atarifan88

Dragonstomper

• 513 posts

Posted Thu May 8, 2014 10:36 AM

I have the intellivision lives emulator and can't get it to recognize ROM files.  It only recognizes BIN and INT files.  I tried changing the extension, but the emulator won't play it.  Does anyone know how to get these to run on the intellivision lives emulator?

#8 intvnut OFFLINE  

intvnut

River Patroller

• 2,755 posts

Posted Thu May 8, 2014 10:48 PM

I have the intellivision lives emulator and can't get it to recognize ROM files.  It only recognizes BIN and INT files.  I tried changing the extension, but the emulator won't play it.  Does anyone know how to get these to run on the intellivision lives emulator?

There is a utility in jzIntv called "rom2bin" that will convert it.   If you're in Windows, you do the entire conversion from within the GUI like this:

• Download jzIntv 1.0 beta 4 here:  http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/
  • Unzip it somewhere.  It'll create a folder named "jzintv-1.0-beta4".
  • Open up the folder "jzintv-1.0-beta4/bin/".  You should see a file named "rom2bin" or "rom2bin.exe".
  • Drag and drop your .ROM file on top of rom2bin.  You should see a .bin and .cfg file appear a moment later next to your .ROM.  Use those with the Intellivision Lives emulator.

That'll do it. 

If you're on a Mac, you will need to use Terminal.app and do this at the command line.

#9 atarifan88 OFFLINE  

atarifan88

Dragonstomper

• 513 posts

Posted Fri May 9, 2014 4:22 AM

There is a utility in jzIntv called "rom2bin" that will convert it.   If you're in Windows, you do the entire conversion from within the GUI like this:

• Download jzIntv 1.0 beta 4 here:  http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/
  • Unzip it somewhere.  It'll create a folder named "jzintv-1.0-beta4".
  • Open up the folder "jzintv-1.0-beta4/bin/".  You should see a file named "rom2bin" or "rom2bin.exe".
  • Drag and drop your .ROM file on top of rom2bin.  You should see a .bin and .cfg file appear a moment later next to your .ROM.  Use those with the Intellivision Lives emulator.

That'll do it. 

If you're on a Mac, you will need to use Terminal.app and do this at the command line.

Thank you very much!  I'll give this a try...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users