IGNORED

eBay help! how to cancel a sale from israel

Rev

I sold a Lego set via buy it now. My auctions are clearly marked USA shipping only and are listed no worldwide shipping.

Someone from Israel bought it. I no longer sell outside of USA. Long story

I did that mutual suction cancel request thing in the resolution center. But the guy declined it. EBay sent me an autimated message that says to complete transaction.

How do i cancel this and get out of this without some bad feedback or something?

I sold a Lego set via buy it now. My auctions are clearly marked USA shipping only and are listed no worldwide shipping.

Someone from Israel bought it. I no longer sell outside of USA. Long story

I did that mutual suction cancel request thing in the resolution center. But the guy declined it. EBay sent me an autimated message that says to complete transaction.

How do i cancel this and get out of this without some bad feedback or something?

Cancel it again and pick "buyer is in a country I do not ship to" and all will be fine.

I had the same thing happen to me. You can't just put in your auction 'USA only'. You have to check some box somewhere in your preferences for 'USA only'. I'm not sure where exactly it is but you'll find it if you do a search.

Allan

If you have no luck canceling the sale any other way you could send him an invoice with crazy high shipping....then when he won't pay the invoice open an unpaid item case on him and you will get final value credit. Maybe not the best way to handle it but sounds like he is being a dick anyway.

And yes in selling preferences you can set so all your auctions will have bids outside the usa blocked. And even be more specific if you want.

Also you could try calling eBay directly I have had very good luck with them fixing issues live on the phone.

Best of luck.

Then again, why would you want to narrow your market potential?

There are good buyers all over the world!

Some items may not be worth the hassle of filling in forms, but bigger ticket items can sure be worth your while.

Cheers, Marco

• Like 1

Marco, on 17 Mar 2014 - 5:36 PM, said:

Then again, why would you want to narrow your market potential?

There are good buyers all over the world!

Some items may not be worth the hassle of filling in forms, but bigger ticket items can sure be worth your while.

Cheers, Marco

Big reason to limit your market to Israel (and many other places) would be a 2 pound package to ship by priority mail express international costs about $52 to Israel.

Your have to ship by a method that has a guaranteed tracking method to cover yourself for buyer/seller protection and you have to ship a method that will be sure to get there within a certain timeframe.

Now with this method you will get the item there in time for sure and you will have guaranteed start to finish tracking...BUT

the buyer can still basically say for whatever reason they wish that the item is not as described and then ebay will just tell them to send it back to you...they will of course have to pay the return shipping, but it will automatically be you the seller that has to refund them that initial $52 shipping cost...a total loss to you. :(

As opposed to if you sold it to someone in the usa and shipped it with 2 day priority tracked for as little as $5.32....a much easier amount to swallow for a loss with a returned item, for the same potential profit to the 2 locations.

I had someone wanting to purchase a big lot of Thomas the Tank stuff from Israel, big box like 25 lbs it was like $300+ through USPS. No surface mail shipments anymore. Shipping is difficult on some items and pricey. I want to say when I was pricing it, most of the options that I would see for Brazil or Germany were not offered to Israel.

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping to HI and AK is an issue only when you set a flat rate for your item (say, $6 to ship a joystick) and can't use First Class or Priority Mail Flat Rate. Then you end up paying more to ship than if you had stayed in the CONUS. Not a problem if you specify calculated rate.

Yup. I like flat rates because I personally find packaging/weighing/measuring everything I sell before listing it quite annoying....although i realize I will have to start doing it soon. I once shipped a DV camera to Alaska (after charging a flat rate fee) and the damn shipping cost nearly as much as the camcorder sold for. Ebay has these territories allowable for exclusion for a reason :)

Edited by eightbit