IGNORED

Tempest's Game Room v4

Tempest

Pictures of my new game room, now with a ceiling! These pictures supersede all previous versions.

You can see the evolution of my game room in these previous threads:

Ver 1: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/146921-tempests-game-room/

Ver 2: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/199288-tempests-new-game-room/

Ver 3: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210908-tempests-new-new-game-room/

Entryway (the Activision sign came from MGC last year. No idea how old or new it is)

gameroom_v4_1.jpg

Another shot of the entryway. That Pac-Man poster is from an Atari memorabilia exhibit in Germany

gameroom_v4_24.jpg

Closeup of my Blade Runner poster and marquees in the entryway

gameroom_v4_2.jpg

Atari 8-bit Stuff on the bookcases by the entryway (note the Coleco mini-arcades on the top)

gameroom_v4_3.jpg

Modern game systems hooked up to my HD TV (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii-U, GC). You can see my new receiver in this shot. Also note the Nintendo posters.

gameroom_v4_4.jpg

Bookcases of modern games, movies, and misc stuff (ADAM, C64, Jaguar, Lynx). This is to the left of the previous pic. Note the VB on the top.

gameroom_v4_5.jpg

My 'classic' gaming area. All these systems are hooked up to my PVM monitor via RGB with the exception of the 3DO.

gameroom_v4_6.jpg

A better picture of the classic gaming area. Pictured (from top to bottom) are: N64, 3DO, Xbox, SMS, PSX, PS2, SNES, Jaguar, DC, Neo Geo MVS, Genesis/Sega CD/32X and Saturn. Not pictured are the Turbo Duo (goes on the empty shelf), and NES (currently out being RGB modded). The bottle on the CD stand is some Billy Mitchel hot sauce from MGC 2008 (it was pretty bad IIRC).

gameroom_v4_7.jpg

Moving onto the back tables. Here we have my Coleco ADAM and IBM PC. Note the Lynx posters on the back wall.

gameroom_v4_8.jpg

Sliding down the table we have my Apple IIgs, C64, and Mac Classic. You can see some more Lynx posters and some game adverts on the wall (mostly for Sirius games)

gameroom_v4_9.jpg

Moving on we have the Amiga 2000, my Mac Classic again, and some IBM PCjr games (PCjr is currently in storage due to lack of room).

gameroom_v4_10.jpg

My computer and the Vectrex. Note the Star Wars posters

gameroom_v4_11.jpg

My Apple IIe and games (sorry for the blurry shot)

gameroom_v4_12.jpg

Rounding the corner we have my Atari 800, Atari 2600 (out being S-Video modded), Atari 5200, Intellivision, and MSX 2+ (on the drawer under the desk). You can also see my DECO Cassette cab and my Dragons Lair poster

gameroom_v4_13.jpg

In this shot you can see the muslin cloth I put over the ceiling to hide all the pipes and wires

gameroom_v4_14.jpg

A shot showing my modern gaming area complete with futon and coffee table

gameroom_v4_15.jpg

Another shot of the modern gaming area. You can see the orange Playboy Club ashtrays and matches (they belonged to my father in-law) and the gaming coasters my wife made

gameroom_v4_25.jpg

Some marquees

gameroom_v4_16.jpg

More marquees

gameroom_v4_17.jpg

Glass Atari marquees along the top of the I-Beam

gameroom_v4_18.jpg

More glass marquees

gameroom_v4_19.jpg

A closeup of my PVM monitor. It's a PVM-1943MD. Note the Atari Advantage posters behind it.

gameroom_v4_20.jpg

Another shot of those Nintendo posters above my modern gaming area

gameroom_v4_21.jpg

A few more shots of it all

gameroom_v4_22.jpg

gameroom_v4_23.jpg

• Like 8

Truly impressive Matt! That is one helluva Man Cave :-o and it's been fun to follow all your threads detailing your collection.

It does sadden me to see that there is no Coleco ADAM system box, but then again, you would have to dedicate one of the walls for that beast of a box. ;)

It does sadden me to see that there is no Coleco ADAM system box, but then again, you would have to dedicate one of the walls for that beast of a box. ;)

I really wanted to put it on those shelves, but it's too tall so I have to have it out in the storage area. You can see them in the older shots:

gameroom11.jpg

The new ceiling makes a world of difference!

Yeah I think so too. It looks better in person than in these shots. The bright lights make the pictures look all weird.

That's still impressive, talk about organization.

This is what happens when a classic gaming collector has an OCD for organization.

I added some links to my old game room threads for easy comparisons.

• 2 weeks later...

Great setup ... makes my puny game area pale in comparison. I need to get my C64 out of storage so that it's playable again!

I must admit that I'm in love with that Dragon's Lair poster ... I may be headed to eBay soon to see if there are any more out there!

I must admit that I'm in love with that Dragon's Lair poster ... I may be headed to eBay soon to see if there are any more out there!

I got it at the MGC last year, it's an original one, not a repro. There was a guy there selling them for $20, but I'm pretty sure he sold out as he was down to 5 left when I snagged mine.

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: I've made some changes to my game room thanks to some freed up space. I guess this is now Game Room v4.5

My PC and PCjr now have room for all my boxes above them

gameroomupdate_5.jpg

The IIgs, ADAM, and Amiga are next (look at all those ADAM tapes!)

gameroomupdate_7.jpg

And finally the Apple IIe and TI-99

gameroomupdate_3.jpg

The 1200XL, 2600 (with Atarivox), and 5200 are all now on this cart. You can see the Mac SE is on my desk as well

gameroomupdate_13.jpg

The C64 , MSX, and Intellivision (on the shelf below) are on the desk

gameroomupdate_6.jpg

I put my Coleco Mini Arcades on these DVD shelves I've had in storage for a while. These replaced a bookcase I wasn't using anymore

gameroomupdate_9.jpg

Here's a close up. I have PSX, DC, and Saturn games on one and Lynx games on the other.

gameroomupdate_11.jpg

The shadows make it hard to tell, but you can see some of those Coleco Intellivision sell sheet repros I made on the back wall.

gameroomupdate_1.jpg

And some more above one of my bookcases

gameroomupdate_12.jpg

And some AtariAge covers next to my moder gaming stuff (the PS2 on the bottom was on the other CRT before)

gameroomupdate_4.jpg

• 1 year later...