IGNORED

Princess Quest?

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to play this game in the HSC?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

To celebrate and support the digital release of the Princess Quest ROM, I thought I would gauge opinion to determine if HSC players want to play this game as part of this season's HSC.

If you already own the cart you can play that. If not, the ROM is now available for purchase from here and can be played using an AtariMax Ultimate SD cart on a real console or using emulation on a PC via blueMSX.

• Like 3

Why don't we play this as some kind of bonus round that doesn't count towards the years total? I think it would be a fun contest but there are people here that play via emulation in several HSC's so they are less likely to participate. (or people like me that play on a hit and miss basis)

In Atari 2600 HSC, we started to include homebrews but only those freely available for download.

In Intellivison HSC, the only homebrew played was another freely available too.

So, since a normal HSC is very open to many types of players; I don't expect much support. This, in any case, tells about the quality of the game.

I have the cartridge and I'm very happy to finally play it with my fixed coleco. :)

But, in my opinion, the best way to include homebrews in the HSC is through the freely available for download. :thumbsup:

Great feedback - thanks. I definitely understand where you're coming from. I think a side round that doesn't count towards the HSC scoreboard will be the way to go in this case.

There will certainly be more homebrew games in the future but only where the rom has been released by the publisher/author for free.

• Like 1