IGNORED

Any hope for a Colecovision version of Galaga in the future using the SGM?

Twin_power

The description of the prototype stated "the challenge stages are not implemented". The challenge stages bring variety to that game.

They are needed.

I watched the Amiga version that's called Galaga Deluxe today on YouTube.

I really like the option where the base ship could activate a tractor beam and capture two aliens.

These aliens are then positioned on the base ship's right and left; and will both fire simultaneously

with the base ship... That was cool,

I watched the Amiga version that's called Galaga Deluxe today on YouTube.

I really like the option where the base ship could activate a tractor beam and capture two aliens.

These aliens are then positioned on the base ship's right and left; and will both fire simultaneously

with the base ship... That was cool,

That's actually a feature borrowed from Galaga's arcade sequel, Gaplus. :)

The staging formation would be like the alien formation in Space Invaders or Galaxian. In Galaga arcade, once the aliens merge into this formation it starts to pulse in and out... That also sets it apart from Galaxian...

As Pixelboy stated, the base ship tractor option in Amiga Galaga Deluxe is a feature borrowed from Gaplus. Could it be borrowed for the Galaga CV version too? Not a high priority... Just thought it was cool to switch the tractor/gain ships option to the base ship..... :)

^ triple post bro

As Pixelboy stated, the base ship tractor option in Amiga Galaga Deluxe is a feature borrowed from Gaplus. Could it be borrowed for the Galaga CV version too? Not a high priority... Just thought it was cool to switch the tractor/gain ships option to the base ship..... :)

If someone's going to make Galaga then make it like the arcade game. If someone's going to make Gaplus then make that like the arcade game. Let's not mix elements of the two and call it Galaga.

• Like 1

Any chance of getting the rom from the Galaga prototype sold by Opcode? He was going to give away the rom to the buyers and they could do anything with it but sell it, I think. It would be fun to play it withe the Atarimax multicart.

Any chance of getting the rom from the Galaga prototype....

That would have to be a decision made by one of the people that bought the five Opcode Galaga prototype cartridges. I'm not sure if Opcode ever supplied the rom file to the purchasers so the cart would have to be dumped. Well, actually someone did dump and make a reproduction that they sold with a box on eBay last year.

Other than that, you can play the SG-1000 rom file thru an emulator to see how it plays as the CV version is an exact port.

That one had no challenge stages.... Sounds like he is trying to improve it and make it closer to the arcade version.... Compare the two.... The arcade version's gameplay is a lot faster and more stimulating.

Actually, what Opcode is planning to do is port the arcade ROM of Galaga to the ColecoVision, like he did for Pac-Man Collection and DK Arcade. That way the arcade experience is preserved as much as possible, given the usual difference in screen resolution.

Figured out a way to do an arcade perfect port of Galaga gameplay wise, assuming monochrome Galagans...

Ok, your persistence convinced me to take a serious look... Actually I have disassembled the game already, going through the code as time allows. Will start once I am in Brazil later this month, or once I am back, as I suspect my new girlfriend will keep me busy while I am there... But it is going to be a short trip, so no worries...

After seeing the two quotes above I basically have my answer... There is hope because of Opcode's stated interest above. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with. I should have my SGM by then. No worries at all.... I can't wait to engage my twin in some two player arcade perfect CV Galaga action on my Yurkievision..... Thanks :)