Liked

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CiBD5ZwVIAEJaUi.jpg
70 retweets62 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This evening, were with a gentleman by the name of GamersLife. Here, we see the gamer with some see pickups for the Neo-Geo AES. Good selection of English titles and received them all in one shot! NICE! :)

From the description,

"I get a nice lot of Neo Geo AES titles from CrazyKuban0 and a late night pickup thrown in...enjoy the video! Let me know what you think in the comment section below and like the video if you do! Thanks!!"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CiD8fb0UkAAzIih.jpg
44 retweets74 likes
Retweet

CiD-Hu0UkAAj6QT.jpg
72 retweets61 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

CiF0fgTU4AEDPcX.jpg
32 retweets60 likes
Retweet

CiF0VuGUgAAZi_b.jpg
52 retweets66 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

CiJHKBvUoAAVar9.jpg
39 retweets63 likes
Retweet

CiJHSTKVEAEvmCO.jpg
42 retweets50 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with New Atariage member MetalPixelGamer (DJ) doing a great video gameplay and review video on Neo-Geo titles that I requested the kind sir on playing. A very nicely done upload from A-Z and DJ also mentions his memorizes playing these games when he was younger.

Thank you DJ. for sharing thus with us. We look forward on seeing more from you in the immediate future! :)

From the description,

"Join me as I share my memories, and thoughts of Samurai Shodown. Samurai Shodown on the Neo Geo made everyone want a Neo Geo console. When most people who grew up in the 80's and 90's think of Neo Geo, they think of samurai shodown, or metal slug."

"Game Capture - Elgato HD60
Playing on Neo Geo console emulator
Hyperspin Frontend"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XmFCaNCoME

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with fellow Atariage member Richard Evans (richard31337) doing another fun and first hi-score attempted with Zed Blade. The video was sent and pending approval at this time. But we need not to worry. Richard is a professional at what he does. We can be assured that it will be approved soon by Twin Galaxies. :)

From the description,

"This is my first high score attempt at Zed Blade on Neo Geo MVS. I will be submitting this score to Twin Galaxies.

Although it's not comparable on Twin Galaxies, this score would get me fourth place if it are on MAME rather than original arcade hardware. The first place on MAME is 1,665,100 which I aim to beat as a personal goal."
Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: The 1st team gameplay trailer has been launched. #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://youtu.be/8gSaoSUwH-I

CiN3WCIU4AAlAAP.jpg
    116 retweets131 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. For the first time in Europe, #KOFXIV latest build will be playable at #Stunfest2016 ! http://www.stunfest.fr/2016/05/11/burn-to-fight

CiKKyXJWkAAzc20.png
    97 retweets101 likes
    Retweet
    More
  3. Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CiLXsxpVEAAqzKN.jpg
    55 retweets97 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
  1. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: チーム紹介トレーラー第1弾 公開しました。 #KOF14 #KOFXIV https://youtu.be/8gSaoSUwH-I

CiN3eqSVEAEewI_.jpg
    283 retweets177 likes
    Retweet
    More
  2. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CiLXl0oU4AIgLrE.jpg
    67 retweets73 likes
    Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This evening, were in for a real treat. New Atariage member, VeryEvilAsh (Mike Vito) posted on his Twitter account "You Must Play These Neo-Geo Games". A finely detailed description of 5 exciting Neo-Geo titles to play and worth reading his top 5 titles that you will have to agree wholeheartedly on why you should do so.

If you have a moment, please also follow Mike on Twitter and show support for what he does for the community. We can all benefit from his works!

Also, check out, "Hey Poor Gamer" for the latest in the video game universe for modern and classic gaming. Enjoy.

http://www.heypoorplayer.com/2016/05/12/5-must-play-neo-geo-games/

Anthony...

YOU MUST PLAY THESE 5 NEO GEO GAMES

YOU MUST PLAY THESE 5 NEO GEO GAMES
Scratch that arcade itch with these five fantastic Neo Geo games

NeoGeoAES.gif

Few consoles in the history of the gaming bring with them quite the allure of SNK’s Neo Geo. Originally released in 1990, the 16-bit powerhouse reigned for over 14 years as a 2D juggernaut, and was home to some of the most iconic franchises of the 1990’s. The console, which was built from the same guts as SNK’s MVS (Multi Video System) arcade hardware, is best remembered for its ludicrously steep price tag when it was released — it was priced at $649 dollars when it launched in 1990, while games were nearly half that price — as well as its staggering stable of fighting game franchises such as The King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown and Fatal Fury series. However, there were more than brawlers to be had on the Neo Geo, which also featured a heap of brilliant puzzle games and some of the most unforgettable run-and-gun titles ever released.

Without further ado, here are five must-play games for SNK’s Ferrari of 16-bit era0 Comments 517

5. The Last Blade

lastblade2.jpg

Samurai Shodown may be the most well known weapons-based fighting franchise for the Neo, but it’s certainly not the only one. The Last Blade may not get the same recognition as SNK’s pioneering ninja slash-fest, but it’s arguably the superior series. This is in no small part thanks to The Last Blade‘s breathtaking visual direction and refined fighting engine that’s built around a clever parrying mechanic. Tapping the “D” button at the last second allows you to deflect your enemy’s attack, leaving them vulnerable for a punishing counterattack. It’s a smart system, and it’s executed flawlessly, making for a game that shines when played competitively. Combine that with a varied cast of characters that includes a giant who can turn his skin to stone and a ghoulish assassin who eviscerates his foes with a massive twin-blade and you have a recipe for one kick ass fighter.

Those who’ve yet to experience the series are in luck, as The Last Blade 2 will be making its way to the PlayStation 4 via the PSN Store on May 24th.

4. Sengoku 3

sengoku3.jpg

Known as “Sengoku Legends 2001” in Japan, the third entry in SNK’s supernatural beat ’em up series leaves its predecessors in the dust. Developer Noise Factory really went all-out with this slugfest by introducing a deep and satisfying combo system that makes each battle feel fresh and engaging. The game also sports some large and impressively detailed sprites that feature some stellar animations.

While all of this is fine and well, the music is also unforgettable, which comes as no surprise considering Noise Factory’s talent composed the music for Metal Slug 3, a game that features some of the best tunes on the Neo Geo. Simply put, if you’re a fan of games like Final Fight andStreets of Rage, you owe it to yourself to play Sengoku 3. The cost of both the home console and MVS versions of the game has skyrocketed in recent years. But fear not, as the game is available for a song on Nintendo’s Virtual Console.

3. Shock Troopers

shocktroopers.jpg

Few kinds of games can scratch that primal arcade itch in quite the same way a good run-n’-gun shooter does. And when it comes to these types of games, few can hold a candle to Saurus’Shock Troopers. Heavily inspired by the likes of SNK’s own Ikari Warriors series and Capcom’sMERCS, Shock Troopers is a bloody, white knuckle trek through three branching paths of pure destruction. The game’s stages range from the traditional jungle and village locales to more over-the-top designs, like a shootout atop a speeding train, and even a stage where you take the fight to the evil Bloody Scorpion group while burning rubber on a motorbike.

Like big bosses? Shock Troopers has ’em. How about huge explosions? Yup, you’ll find those in spades here, too. Hell, the game even has one of the funkiest soundtracks around, full of adrenaline-pumping drum & bass and rock tracks to help you put on your war face. Simply put,Shock Troopers has about everything you could ask for from a run-n’-gun shooter. While the game never saw an official release on the Neo Geo home console (its release was exclusive to the arcades), you can still pick it up on the SNK Classics Collection that released on the PS2 and PSP.

2. Blazing Star

blazingstar01.jpg

If you’re a fan of horizontal shooters, Blazing Star is the game for you. Developed by Yumekobo (Pulstar, Prehistoric Isle 2), Blazing Star manages to climb to the top of the Neo Geo’s shooter pack, delivering a variety of vibrant stages that host plenty of towering bosses, along with some gorgeous, pre-rendered ship models that pop off the screen. Players can choose from a variety of ships, each sporting their own special shot standard and charged shots, each offering a drastically different play style. Oh, and did I mention the boss of the game is a giant fetus with a bazooka? Yeah, you literally battle a rocket-launching baby in the heart of a hostile alien cesspool. Need I say more?

Fun fact: Blazing Star is actually the game responsible for the name of this humble site of ours. When you’re shot out of the sky, the computer will deride you with a brilliantly Engrish, “Hey, Poor Player!” Yumekobo, you are our muse.

1. Metal Slug 3

metalslugvinny.jpg

It’s impossible to talk about the Neo Geo without bringing up Metal Slug. And with good reason, as SNK and Nazca’s Contra-killer is one of the most ridiculously over-the-top and entertaining series out there. Out of all of the numerous entries in the series since its inception in back in 1996, none is more noteworthy than Metal Slug 3. The third numbered entry in the series (and fourth game in the franchise to be released on the Neo Geo), Slug 3 is something of a swan song for the franchise. It’s the last entry in the series developed by SNK proper before the company went bankrupt and were purchased by Playmore. That said, it’s only fitting that the game feels like a final farewell, as SNK turned the dial to 11, delivering an epic shooter experience that takes players from the depths of ancient tombs to the cosmos and everywhere in-between. You’ll dive into deep waters in the Slug Sub, soar in a jet pack into enemy airspace as you dogfight Morden’s airborne troops, and even hurtle through space in a vertical shooter sequence that could have been ripped out of a game in theAero Fighters series.

While we’ve seen a slew of entries in the series since Metal Slug 3 on everything from the Atomiswave arcade hardware to the Nintendo DS, none of these successors has quite managed to reach the quality of Metal Slug 3. It’s a shining example of SNK’s talent and ingenuity, and it simply can’t be beat. I mean just look at that monster my son is battling in the picture above. He’s a masterpiece!

Metal Slug 3 is available on everything from your mobile phone and PS4 to your toaster. If you don’t own it, get off your butt and do so. Marco’s orders.

So, our dear readers, what are some of your favorite games for the Neo Geo? Did we leave out your favorite game in the system’s library? Be sure to let us know

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Thanks Anthony. My Editor in Cheif, Frank, loved putting this together.

You're welcome Mike.

Mr. Frank DiPersio seems like a good guy. If you like your welcome to spread the word to Frank about the Neo-Geo thread and you're both welcome to share your Neo-Geo or SNK content on the thread. :)

Keep up the great work as always Mike! :)

Anthony...

1. ICYMI: #CEO2016 is very proud to announce that we will have The King Of Fighters XlV Playable at the event!

29 retweets31 likes
      Retweet
      More
  1. Here are the latest KOF XIV screenshots for today!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CiTbaUZU4AAZKwW.jpg
    54 retweets75 likes
    Retweet
    Liked

CiTbkAMUoAAe9D2.jpg
71 retweets60 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

CiVpaPNUgAApDP1.jpg
41 retweets53 likes
Retweet

CiVpgQfUUAANN9G.jpg
67 retweets60 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

Hi guys,

CiVpaPNUgAApDP1.jpg
50 retweets71 likes
Retweet

CiVpgQfUUAANN9G.jpg
72 retweets71 likes
Retweet
More

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gentleman by the name of CRTcade. The kind sir recently did an amazing video of the history of the Neo-Geo MVS second hand market that really is a finally detailed video that should be viewed. for those that are into MVS collecting.

From the description,

"How arcade operators bypassed the illegalities of selling non-resale products, and an interesting find I've just discovered on a cart I've owned for 7 years, which relates to this in an even different way that I've not before encountered, revealing a history of engaging in the disreputable second-hand market practice on an international scale, which would have not only violated the not for resale principle, but also violated territorial agreements as well. So this particular cart is really a very interesting part of my collection, which has a great story to tell."

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gentleman by the name of CRTcade. The kind sir recently did an amazing video of the history of the Neo-Geo MVS second hand market that really is a finally detailed video that should be viewed. for those that are into MVS collecting.

From the description,

"How arcade operators bypassed the illegalities of selling non-resale products, and an interesting find I've just discovered on a cart I've owned for 7 years, which relates to this in an even different way that I've not before encountered, revealing a history of engaging in the disreputable second-hand market practice on an international scale, which would have not only violated the not for resale principle, but also violated territorial agreements as well. So this particular cart is really a very interesting part of my collection, which has a great story to tell."[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1zzGrijpIQ

Anthony...

Nice video here. Plus one for Chrono Trigger music in the background ;).

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Playing some Puzzle de Pon on my Neo Geo MVS for the Neo Geo Challenge, Is my score a good score? I dunno, this feels like a sweet remix of Bust a Move to me and that is not a bad thing! I love some Bust a Move, the power ups and the astrological stuff, accompanied by the chibi characters was also a cool touch. I look forward to playing this more! Thank you Anthony, The Jedi Cat, for recommending this classic! Beat my score guys! Happy Gaming!!!!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

https://twitter.com/AaronClasicGamr

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Playing some Puzzle de Pon on my Neo Geo MVS for the Neo Geo Challenge, Is my score a good score? I dunno, this feels like a sweet remix of Bust a Move to me and that is not a bad thing! I love some Bust a Move, the power ups and the astrological stuff, accompanied by the chibi characters was also a cool touch. I look forward to playing this more! Thank you Anthony, The Jedi Cat, for recommending this classic! Beat my score guys! Happy Gaming!!!!

-Aaron Classic Gamer

Nicely done video as usual Aaron.

Puzzle de Pon is really enjoyable and fun to play. worth every quarter to put into the MVS. Thank you as always!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning were with Neo Rambler watching an interesting video regarding 3 of the most controversial Neo-Geo AES titles made in its official run with SNK.

For those that haven't understand or uninformed on the l details of it. its a nicely done upload to help those that would like to know.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224