IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Analogue Interactive New CMVS unit will be available soon. The cost is $1500 dollars for this interesting piece!

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/this-wooden-all-in-one-neo-geo-arcade-system-is-an-abso-1659015158/+barrett

uncqjwdfbavynmph15nd.jpgExpand1

v3ppf9ecki3ttmrkjke1.jpgExpand

kgn5ianaxnh1yoxjskli.jpgExpand

jq7su2qhv7k4yglqzau6.jpgExpand

Anthony...

Wow, that looks fucking awful.

• Like 2

That thing looks incredibly stupid. That being said, I'm sure that people will buy it. Hipsters, mostly.

EDIT: I have a prediction to make. Giant Bomb is going to buy one of these, and tout it as their dedicated Windjammers machine (or at the very least make a video of themselves playing WJ on it). This will fuel sales to all of the wannabe hipsters who are fans of their show.

Edited by Jibbajaba
  • Like 2

I always thought a neat variation on the MVS would be a compact, single-player (2p via controller port), flatscreen, bartop system with easy access to change the cart from the outside, or perhaps behind a clear locking panel right in front.

If they're looking for better ideas...

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I always thought a neat variation on the MVS would be a compact, single-player (2p via controller port), flatscreen, bartop system with easy access to change the cart from the outside, or perhaps behind a clear locking panel right in front.

If they're looking for better ideas...

I felt bummed out after the NES aluminum casing that they made! I did like their wood design that they did on their CMVS. But this piece that they made look too simple, outrageously expensive, and with a dull design!

Anthony...

That thing looks incredibly stupid. That being said, I'm sure that people will buy it. Hipsters, mostly.

EDIT: I have a prediction to make. Giant Bomb is going to buy one of these, and tout it as their dedicated Windjammers machine (or at the very least make a video of themselves playing WJ on it). This will fuel sales to all of the wannabe hipsters who are fans of their show.

The design of their CMVS units I don't have a problem with. Its just this design looks like an expensive wood block with no distinctive look to make it stand out! Maybe if they had a better color with designs, then the unit would look promising to me!

But then that $1500 price makes me not wanting it at all!

Anthony...

Not one single person has mentioned that Knight's Chance AES is ready for shipping? Jeff should show us how this thing looks like before packaging. I wonder where he found all the cart shells and snap-lock cases needed.

Thank you for the update Vince! I didn't hear much after the 10/27 announcement! I wondered where he found all the cart shells and snap cases as well. Maybe he got them from David G?

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I have always heard that the MVS is cheaper to collect for than the AES. I have had an MVS for a long time and used to get games very cheap, but recently the MVS prices have gone way up. Except for a hand full of rare AES games I think collecting the MVS to save on prices isn't so clear a choice anymore. Thoughts?

• Like 1

I have always heard that the MVS is cheaper to collect for than the AES. I have had an MVS for a long time and used to get games very cheap, but recently the MVS prices have gone way up. Except for a hand full of rare AES games I think collecting the MVS to save on prices isn't so clear a choice anymore. Thoughts?

There are a growing number of games, mostly early releases, that seem to be the same price or even less expensive on AES. Unfortunately that list is where I've been doing some of my MVS shopping lately. I wish I could get magician lord for what AES users pay. However, many of the later titles are *so much* less expensive on MVS that the difference in price on one single game may well cover the entire cost of the mvs hardware required to play it (either full cabinet or consolized.) Games like Magical Drop 3, Metal Slug, King of Fighter 2003, Blazing Star, Aero Fighters 3, Kizuna Encounter, Mark of the Wolves--these are ~$50 (loose) games on MVS.

MVS prices have surely gone up in general. I'd guess the standard loose game has gone from $30 to $50 in the last few years. But then maybe I just already have most of the $30 games.

I've never spent more than $75 on an MVS title, and have many of the 'big' ones. I doubt I could stay under 3 figures very well in the AES world.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I felt that ever since the development of the CMVS, the demand for the MVS games became the choice for gamers and collectors. Because the only way to play these games were using a MVS converter to the AES and playing them on an arcade cabinet! Plus, many of the Neo-Geo MVS titles today are easy to locate on the internet and are widely available! The early titles are still inexpensive to obtain and the later versions went up to the point that they are still obtainable without hurting your bank account I still like both and have been playing on both platforms, but the popular option as of late is the MVS because of price and customizing the units to your preference!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I felt that ever since the development of the CMVS, the demand for the MVS games became the choice for gamers and collectors.

Anthony...

Wait until someone start reproducing CMVS and AES like Retron 5, instead of collecting/modifying existing motherboards, new systems will be cloned. IN that case even MVS game prices will be going off the roof just like SNES/NES.

Hi guys,

Today, I'm playing "P.O.W. Prisoners Of War" on my computer. This is one of my favorite pre-Neo-Geo games that was made by SNK! A fun arcade brawler that me and my father enjoyed in the past. It still holds up to this day as a good game to try! True late 80's nostalgia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKbMOKNaZO8

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Hmmm, I never saw a MVS Conversion of Last Hope before. In fact, NGDEVTEAM never made an official Last Hope on the MVS.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-MVS-LAST-HOPE-Conversion-/321591325578?pt=Console&hash=item4ae056338a

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Today, I'm playing an early SNK title called "Vanguard" on my computer! Created in 1981, Vanguard is a side scrolling sci-fi space shooter that help gain popularity for SNK. A fun shooter with with a voice simulator that is not only fun to play, but a fast pace shooing environment that makes you keep coming back for more! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24jDurkHtM0

Anthony...

Hi guys,

My JPN AES copy of Knight's Chance came today. I can't wait to try it out later. The snap case and cartridge are have the same look, feel, and texture like what NGDEVTEAM uses! Jeff Kurtz at Neobitz was kind to give me number 100/100 on this game!

Anthony...

• Like 1

My Knight's Chance AES has arrived, since I can't insert images from computers here I can direct people to my post

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?236827-Neobitz-Presents-quot-Knight-s-Chance-quot-AES-Pre-Orders-Now-Open&p=3817666&viewfull=1#post3817666

This thing is gorgeous, it's no longer a single color on the side panel. Seems like both NGDEV and Neobitz are perfecting the art of making AES games, bad for our wallets though.

Thank you for the update Vince! I didn't hear much after the 10/27 announcement! I wondered where he found all the cart shells and snap cases as well. Maybe he got them from David G?

Anthony...

• Like 1

This thing is gorgeous, it's no longer a single color on the side panel. Seems like both NGDEV and Neobitz are perfecting the art of making AES games, bad for our wallets though.

I concur! The artwork is amazing and I believe that they used the same snap cases and carts from David G! The sticker texture and feel is different though. It has a sandy touch to it and doesn't have a bad crease mark like NGDEVTEAM has it!

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Tonight, I'm playing "Ozma Wars" on my computer! This is SNk's first game ever produced by the company while it was under the name "Shin Nihon Kikaku". After seeing the popular trend in the arcades in the 70's, SNK felt it was time to developed their own title of their own! So Ozma Wars was their first title of many in the future! A simple and easy to understand space shooter, the graphics and sound effects are similar to other titles for its time! A interesting title to play and great to see SNK's humble beginnings back in the 1970's.

Anthony...

The Neo-Geo.com forums are already giving it negative comments about it as well!

Anthony...

That's not too surprising, considering that they give negative comments on just about everything! :D I have one of the old-style wooden CMVS units that Analogue did back in 2011. The RGB/Component output isn't completely perfect, but I've been very happy with it overall.

The Omega is a solid CMVS choice too. I probably would've gone with one of those instead of the Analogue unit, but they weren't out at the time. I've met the guy who makes the Omega a few times too, really cool guy. :thumbsup:

• Like 1