IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

#RT KOF R-2 #FAV SNK GALS FIGHTERS - Which Neo Geo Pocket Color fighter gets your vote..? #retrogaming #snk #neogeo pic.twitter.com/lwumHMBckw

DGPOt-5XgAAVHkQ.jpg
DGPOuqGWsAAEd4K.jpg
DGPOvTvXsAANHiy.jpg
DGPOwBJXsAASV4o.jpg

Anthony...

Gals Fighters - I so so want this game! I love the 'Gals' bit in NGF mag! Can never find it out in the world of eBay! MJ

• Like 1

Evening Ant,

Hows it going? Fresh outta hospital, feeling good. That NGPC was A LIVE SAVER in there, lol. Not a single hour passed where I was bored :D so MASSIVE thank you to you kind sir!

And ViewPoint, what a game!! One of my favourite games on the console without doubt! MJ

Welcome back Matty,

Hope all is well and that your feeling better. You're welcome with the MGPC and glad its helping you recuperate kind sir. :)

I love Viewpoint. The Playstation 1 version is graphically impressive for sure, but the music isn't that great compared to the Neo-Geo version. I do have it in my collection. But My true enjoyment is on the Neo-Geo. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Thanks Ant as I said it was a real life saver, Vinny takes my phone off me in hospital, to stop me ringing some one to pick me up, play games or generally not resting as she says I should so the Pocket was a god send.

I totally forgot how amazing SvC for the Pocket is, Ive truly missed that game, and card fighters clash! My god I could go on and on, like I haven't already! Your awesome, Im sure Ive told you that already! :) lol

ViewPoint is a must for any Shump fan, its rock solid too! Ive lost quiet a few CD/CDZ pads in the past due to frustration caused by VP, its also a rare treat for CD or CDZ fans as its a game that only loads once. At the beginning the CD loads the whole game "in one" Im a BIG CD fan as you know so load times aren't a problem for me but Im not sure if a few pads could of been saved should I had some time (loads) to calm down! lol

Ive never played it on another system but the Neo, is it exactly the same game?

Jus picked up a mint KOF 95, SS1, SS2 for £115 today thought that was quiet a good price, although I HATE the 'old' vinyl boxes early HomeCarts come in! All the cart, boxes, manuals etc are in good nick too. Ive got a NeoSD but still in the scene to 'pick bits' up as I go along. :)

And Ive a mission for you Ant, I need GalFighters in my life! Point me in the wright direction! lol Just waiting for my voice to settle and ease so I can do a new video too, hopefully not long got a few bits game wise Id like to show plus the MODs and repairs Ive had done! :)

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Thanks Ant as I said it was a real life saver, Vinny takes my phone off me in hospital, to stop me ringing some one to pick me up, play games or generally not resting as she says I should so the Pocket was a god send.

I totally forgot how amazing SvC for the Pocket is, Ive truly missed that game, and card fighters clash! My god I could go on and on, like I haven't already! Your awesome, Im sure Ive told you that already! :) lol

ViewPoint is a must for any Shump fan, its rock solid too! Ive lost quiet a few CD/CDZ pads in the past due to frustration caused by VP, its also a rare treat for CD or CDZ fans as its a game that only loads once. At the beginning the CD loads the whole game "in one" Im a BIG CD fan as you know so load times aren't a problem for me but Im not sure if a few pads could of been saved should I had some time (loads) to calm down! lol

Ive never played it on another system but the Neo, is it exactly the same game?

Jus picked up a mint KOF 95, SS1, SS2 for £115 today thought that was quiet a good price, although I HATE the 'old' vinyl boxes early HomeCarts come in! All the cart, boxes, manuals etc are in good nick too. Ive got a NeoSD but still in the scene to 'pick bits' up as I go along. :)

And Ive a mission for you Ant, I need GalFighters in my life! Point me in the wright direction! lol Just waiting for my voice to settle and ease so I can do a new video too, hopefully not long got a few bits game wise Id like to show plus the MODs and repairs Ive had done! :)

MJ

Excellent that you back home and doing better Matty. Always glad to see others like yourself get back on your feet.

Oh wow KOF 95, SS1, SS2 for £115 is really a good deal. Glad that you have them in your collection. We certainly would be happy to see pics of them when they come it. I agree those older boxes are not that great. I love the snap cases version the most. They really do the game justice in them with better protection.

Haha. Yep, Viewpoint will do that to you Matty. I broke an AES controller once that I need to get it repaired years ago due to too many button mashing on it. But it was worth it to build my skills for it.

​Now as for Gals Fighters, I don't' think I have one in my possession. Sadly, it's an expensive game. But I did find one from a seller in China that has one for GBP 51.99 as the cheapest I seen on the site.. Store is a Top Rated Plus with the ribbon to show responsibility. So despite its from a country that's known for piracy, this seller is worth giving a try.

Here's the link to see it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-NEO-GEO-Pocket-NGP-Game-GALS-FIGHTERS-Japan-Import-/222297086134?hash=item33c1f058b6:g:76MAAOSwnbZYE9e0

Thank you as always Matty.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Excellent that you back home and doing better Matty. Always glad to see others like yourself get back on your feet.

Oh wow KOF 95, SS1, SS2 for £115 is really a good deal. Glad that you have them in your collection. We certainly would be happy to see pics of them when they come it. I agree those older boxes are not that great. I love the snap cases version the most. They really do the game justice in them with better protection.

Haha. Yep, Viewpoint will do that to you Matty. I broke an AES controller once that I need to get it repaired years ago due to too many button mashing on it. But it was worth it to build my skills for it.

​Now as for Gals Fighters, I don't' think I have one in my possession. Sadly, it's an expensive game. But I did find one from a seller in China that has one for GBP 51.99 as the cheapest I seen on the site.. Store is a Top Rated Plus with the ribbon to show responsibility. So despite its from a country that's known for piracy, this seller is worth giving a try.

Here's the link to see it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-NEO-GEO-Pocket-NGP-Game-GALS-FIGHTERS-Japan-Import-/222297086134?hash=item33c1f058b6:g:76MAAOSwnbZYE9e0

Thank you as always Matty.

Anthony..

Yeah Ive seen Gal Fighters slowly creep up, a few years ago there was a fair few about, wasn't super common but there were defiantly more to be be found than there is now. Might buy this one so nice one for finding that out just need to convince Vinny I haven't over spent this week. :)

And Ive got the joystick tops and buttons arriving soon, forgot about those.

I much prefer the ClamShell boxes the vinyl boxes are terrible, the damage so easily and the Pocket boxes are awesome although I couldn't understand why the US got card boxes which were rubbish, Japan got a mix and it was only Europe that got every release in mini clams, which like homecarts I love.

Cant wait for that Pocket flash cart to arrive from RETRO-HQ excited for that.

MJ

• Like 1

Also Ant wanted to ask you, I no its not a subject people like to cover of NG.C but do you have any links or no anything about NeoGeoFreakUSA? I ask because I was going to buy a US copy of KOF2000 two weeks ago but had a few messages people saying it was a boot, I shouldn't touch it, Its a rip off, I steered clear but couldn't find any info as to why?

If that makes sense?

MJ

• Like 1

Also Ant wanted to ask you, I no its not a subject people like to cover of NG.C but do you have any links or no anything about NeoGeoFreakUSA? I ask because I was going to buy a US copy of KOF2000 two weeks ago but had a few messages people saying it was a boot, I shouldn't touch it, Its a rip off, I steered clear but couldn't find any info as to why?

If that makes sense?

MJ

I would stay away from anything from NeoGeoFreaks after their long standing history in the Neo-Geo community regarding them. Dion Dakis and Chris Ray have a checkered past. Anything from them I would avoid as much as possible.

In Fact, SNK at the time sued them over for what happened to King of Fighters 2000 regarding the distribution of the game in the United States. If you have a moment, have a look to see what they done. The damage that they did are everlasting and all over the internet.

Just type in their names and the vast majority is all negative.

Tragic to say the least and destructive. :(

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

If that makes sense?

MJ

As for some links, here what I found.

http://neogeoarchives.boards.net/thread/33/legacy-neo-geo-freak

http://www.neogeofreak.com/newngfmain.htm

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?44456-Playmore-SNK-Neo-Geo-USA-v-Dion-Dakis-and-Chris-Ray-UPDATE

Anthony..

• Like 1

Cant wait for (BITMAP x Frazers Input) Book looks so cool! Im really excited for it. I don't think theres ever been anything like this in the west before, theres been a few Japanese books and DVDs on SNK and the Neo but finally we've this one!

Did you pre order it Ant? What version did you get if so?

As for this NGFUSA Ive read some of the documents and stuff online, but they seem convinced and have legal documents (and I know there easily faked) showing they took SNK to court regarding the 2000 english edition?

Im quiet confused, so is there no SNK released version of 2000?

MJ

• Like 1

Cant wait for (BITMAP x Frazers Input) Book looks so cool! Im really excited for it. I don't think theres ever been anything like this in the west before, theres been a few Japanese books and DVDs on SNK and the Neo but finally we've this one!

Did you pre order it Ant? What version did you get if so?

As for this NGFUSA Ive read some of the documents and stuff online, but they seem convinced and have legal documents (and I know there easily faked) showing they took SNK to court regarding the 2000 english edition?

Im quiet confused, so is there no SNK released version of 2000?

MJ

Hey Matty,

I got the Mega Edition of it and I can't wait to have it. Been waiting for something like this for quite sometime and finally after all these years, it's coming true.

Now as for King of Fighters 2000... Yes, the game does exist. A 100 of them were for the American market. When SNK's American division folded, NeoGeoFreaks were greatly in charged of the distribution of the game. The controversy involves the manual, insert and sticker of the game between SNK and NGF. If they agreed with the terms with each other, then it was legitimate. If they didn't then it's fake.

Also, NGF had this reputation of destroying the original inserts and stamping NGF on manuals. As a matter of fact, they even have photos of them doing so. Many were receiving reproduction copies on the inserts by them rather than originals.

They did plenty of other things as well. But this was to your question Matty. Hope this helps. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

The Mega edition? I think that the one I got, got up really early like 6AM for the 7AM launch to make sure I got the 'super, dooper, everything' edition! You no it going to be a good book if its cost you like £70 cant wait! Im excited for the metal/enamel pin badge lol

Ive read though all those documents, thanks for sharing those Ant, kinda get it now. Its amazing that those two guys scored $4mil out of it! Thats an insane amount of money!

So I was going to buy an English 2000 but I left it alone, so theres only 100 official SNK released 2000? Wouldn't that be quiet an easy game to "trace" them all down?

The guy I was going to buy my one from was in the Nederland's and he had two one was slightly damage (insert only) if there was only ever 100 the chances of him having two would be fairly slim Id think.

Sorry to keep asking Ant but still getting my head round this, the 100 were they like proper SNK items, like made in Japan, Japanese workers, there factory, etc etc

Mj

• Like 1

Probably just a rom hack on a Original MVS Cart or AES JP to insert sprites from the PlayStation version with EPROMS, PlayStation uses different machine language (assembly) then Neo Geo and they have different system architecture so using a actual PSX Rom wouldn't work

• Like 2

Probably just a rom hack on a Original MVS Cart or AES JP to insert sprites from the PlayStation version with EPROMS, PlayStation uses different machine language (assembly) then Neo Geo and they have different system architecture so using a actual PSX Rom wouldn't work

Thanks for answering enoofu appreciate it.

Thats what I was wondering (I no NOTHING about thec computer stuff) do the just use a ROM.

So how do people make those 'conversion' cart mate is that similar?

MJ

Here some info on the bootleg KOF 2000 AES STRIKER EDITION by Atomik

http://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/entrevistas/ncieng.htm

----------Link below is in french-----------------------------------------

http://www.neogeofans.com/leforum/showthread.php?t=48573

Cheers mate, Id love to no more!

MJ

Here some info on the bootleg KOF 2000 AES STRIKER EDITION by Atomik

http://www.culturaneogeo.com/imagenes/entrevistas/ncieng.htm

----------Link below is in french-----------------------------------------

http://www.neogeofans.com/leforum/showthread.php?t=48573

Cheers for that enoofu, thats a proper interesting read! So evey copy of that KOFStriker has come from that company? And last couple of question I promise! lol I noticed on the pictures a SamuraiShodown5 cart, did that company re release it in 2003/4 or did they rerelease it at a latter date? And how do you no there cart are official? (say your buying it off someone else and they say its an NCI release?)

MJ

Edited by mattyjjenkins
  • Like 1

Personally I don't think the below adds that much value when MVS cart cost $20 without it or buy the PS2 disc

"10 new strikers ( orochi , mr big , krizalid , krauser..) , every striker unlocked ,Boss zero playable and selectable with his screen."

Samurai Shodown 5 was released by Playmore a few different times mostly do to them banning violent scenes which caused a huge uproar and them uncensoring some of it later on, guessing NCI did a Unofficial bootleg version like a few other home brewers to remove the censorship fully.

Only company peeps are sure that NCI has rights to release their games is VISCO

Someone else and they say its an NCI release

Would check the PCB, as it looks totally different from other AES/MVS boards and I doubt someone would copy reproductions or bootlegs closely.

• Like 1

Well, today was rough.

Spent 7 hours trying to fix my computer as it crashed on me. Still got to work out the little quirks and try to rescue my saved pictures and family photos I have on here. :(

Anyway, thank you for stepping in enoofu for answering MJ's questions. Always said you're 2nd in command on running the thread when I'm away. Thank you. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1