IGNORED

Trying to track down a sealed Wii Fit Plus...good price?

atarilovesyou

Huh? The Wii U balance board is the same thing, just like the Wii Motes. Just repackaged to say it's for the Wii U, but it should work with the original Wii fine.

Or if you're really that concerned, go buy a used balance board. They are a dime a dozen at used video game stores.

• Like 1

Thanks Austin. The person I'm buying it for isn't going to want used, so I have to go new (something to do with 'stanky stranger feet' :D )

I too thought that the Wii U board would work, but I've heard it doesn't...which I guess might be possible, as the Wii U version of the Classic Contoller Pro Wii U aren't Wii compatible. I'll do some more investigatin', as there's a ton of Wii U boards around.

edit: aaaaaaaaand, it would appear I can't find anything on google that would answer whether or not the Wii U balance board would work with the old Wii. Hmmm, I guess there's not must interest in such a question, lol, except for a guy like me buying new peripherals for old systems :D

I'd still have to track down the original disc, I guess...and I'm not sure if the new boards are available without the Wii U Fit Meter (which might be of some use to me down the road, when I pick up a Wii U on clearance :D )

Edited by atarilovesyou

I too thought that the Wii U board would work, but I've heard it doesn't...which I guess might be possible, as the Wii U version of the Classic Contoller Pro Wii U aren't Wii compatible.

The Wii U branded balance board is identical to the Wii balance board and will work just fine with compatible Wii releases. They simply changed the boxart just like they did with nunchucks and Motion Plus remotes. Note how their Wii U accessory list refers to it simply as the Wii balance board.

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/accessories

There's no such thing as a Wii U version of the Classic Controller Pro.

The Wii U gamepad is titled the Pro Controller, not the Classic Controller Pro U. It's a completely different gamepad designed specifically for the Wii U to fulfill a similar purpose that the Classic Controller Pro did for the Wii in providing a traditional gamepad option for those that desire one. It's not a revision of a Wii Classic Controller Pro.

7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 2

Thanks, man. I contacted a few vendors and they told me differently (one was short and sweet: "no" ) , that the Wii U balance board wouldn't work with the Wii. I'll take advice from here any day of the week (and twice on Tuesdays...why? Why not!)

I'm going to just try to find a Wii U board on its own, sans game or anything extra. They're pretty heavy buggers for shipping, anyway. Thanks again!

Thanks, man. I contacted a few vendors and they told me differently (one was short and sweet: "no" ) , that the Wii U balance board wouldn't work with the Wii. I'll take advice from here any day of the week (and twice on Tuesdays...why? Why not!)

Yeeeeeaaahh.. I don't know if I'd trust a "vendor" in regards to the Wii U. The system's doing so bad right now, I'd be surprised if retailers actually knew what they were talking about in regards to the thing.

• Like 1

Yeeeeeaaahh.. I don't know if I'd trust a "vendor" in regards to the Wii U. The system's doing so bad right now, I'd be surprised if retailers actually knew what they were talking about in regards to the thing.

Yeah, it doesn't sound good for the Wii U. Oh well, the sooner it's on clearance, the sooner I can buy one and a whack of games, lol.

At least it's reaching the point for the dedicated Nintendo fan where if it ended soon even including 1st party support, it has just about reached critical mass where it justifies having made the purchase.

It's going to stink seeing this die prematurely, but I don't see ever regretting going with the Wii U first for this generation. I've had too much fun at a time when the healthier competition doesn't have any must have titles out that I want and it allowed me to enjoy my Wii library on my HDTV finally for a fraction of the cost of buying a new tv that doesn't butcher 480p.

And I have a pretty good size backlog of nice games I still want to play through for the Wii U itself proper. And there's bound to be some surprises left like the promise of Zelda U, new Virtual Console material instead of regurgitating Wii VC content, and independent eShop releases like 90's Arcade Racer are on the rise which hopefully will help shore up things a bit like it's doing with the Vita (Nintendo really needs to ease their DRM nonsense if they want this end to flourish).

I don't see this ever being spun as a business success although gamers are some of the best at revisionist history that I've ever seen. But for those that paid attention and played it, I bet it's remembered more for things like Super Mario 3D World than being a failure.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3

I agree, I think the Wii U is a great little system, after getting the chance to play one last month. We had a hoot with NintendoLand, and that was only one game. I'm at that point where I guess I'm not enough of a 'hardcore modern gamer', so if the Wii U can't play the latest first person shooter with the graphical prowess of PS4 or the new XBone, well...so be it. What I'm interested in is FUN, and that's what I have when I play the Wii and Wii U. Which will be fantastic for me once the console comes down in price, much like the Wii and its software is now. I really don't mind being behind the times, but then again...I'm a retrogamer after all :D I'm not the key demographic. But I know what I like, and I like the Wii U.

Not sure how much you want to spend for a Balance Board, but Amazon is offering the entire package..... board, game, meter..... for $55. At least for me they don't charge tax and free shipping on anything over $35.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Balance-Board-accessory-Meter-U/dp/B00FE8WKPQ/ref=zg_bsms_videogames_35

The board does work with the Wii and if all you want is the board itself, you can probably sell the game & meter to get most of your money back.

Edited by Mendon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I tracked one down, but I'm not sure what came with the original Wii balance board...I've got the board, plus four little spare 'feet', it looks like (plus the Wii Fit CD). Did it come with anything else, instructions, anything like that?

That's pretty much it. Slap four AA batteries into it and you are good to go.

I haven't heard of a charging cable for it, but there could possibly be a rechargeable battery or something available for it that I don't know about. I'd run a Google search and check into it just in case.

If you end up not using it much, make sure you take the AA batteries out. For one, it seems to drain them much faster than with normal Wii Motes, even when it's not in use. It can get expensive fast having to replace the batteries over and over because they died while the thing was just sitting idle out of sight. I've also had multiple sets corrode in my balance board because I just forget about it and barely use it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips, Austin. I think that the stock battery with this (Wii Fit Plus) is a rechargeable, hence the cable needed to plug it into the wall. I'm not completely sure yet...I'll find out soon enough, lol.

I'm getting worn out trying to figure out these peripherals :D Between this and the Guncon debacle (I thought you could use Guncon2 on PS1 games on the PS2, but apparently now...might not work) I'm about ready to put it in a box for a while and forget about it :D ...but no more selling, period. It may seem a bit OCD but time and time again, I gotta track down the stuff I had in the past :D The Wii is the most modern system I own now, and the games I have for it are already on the verge of 'too many-land' :D

Everybody needs a hobby, eh?