IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 7 is up!

Here's the band's official video post. The song is supposed to have a certain amount of distortion, but this video does sound cleaner. You might have to buy the CD to get even better sound, which I am sure the band won't mind.

Thanks, Lathe.

I'll check it out.. and I'll see if I can get ahold of the band to ask them if they're cool with me using the track in the podcast some time.

Thanks, Cmart. You really made quick work of a 6 hour show!

My goal is to try to convince every programmer I interview to create another game! And yes, development information is being forwarded to all the programmers as well (thanks to William / Elektronite for providing that).

A Steamroller Intellivision port by Dave would be a great start.

Yeah, World Series Major League Baseball is insane. Way ahead of its time.

Steve was great. I'm thinking that pretty soon he'll be buying up homebrews along with the rest of us. Right Steve?

-Paul

it's tempting Paul…. I still am dying to give that d2k a run.

Maybe 2014 & 2015 will be best 2-year combined period for inty - we are pretty much in 2nd Quarter but its all good - better to polish products then rush them out:-)

Hi Dave, long time - I made it thru podcasts 1 thru 6 and am really looking forward to podcast 7. I only lost 1 game of baseball back in day 1-0 after a reset but I'm sure there are several awesome baseball players on this thread - would make for a fun competition one day. Hope all is well.

Joe.

Maybe 2014 & 2015 will be best 2-year combined period for inty - we are pretty much in 2nd Quarter but its all good - better to polish products then rush them out:-)

Hi Dave, long time - I made it thru podcasts 1 thru 6 and am really looking forward to podcast 7. I only lost 1 game of baseball back in day 1-0 after a reset but I'm sure there are several awesome baseball players on this thread - would make for a fun competition one day. Hope all is well.

Joe.

Thanks, Dave.

Yeah, he was a great guy to interview; very open and forthcoming with his stories and information. We'll be talking to him again in future episodes, for sure.

My ultimate goal would be for Dave Rolfe and Tom Loughry to team up on Tom's unfinished AD&D island hopping game. I'm doing my best to make that a reality... Who knows!?

Can't help but wonder if that island game was going to become Treasure of the Yucatan

Definitely - I would love to go to Vegas but put my odds at less than 5%. Who knows maybe I win a small lottery or something. Any confirmed count on "definites" for Vegas?

Joe.

I will be there, since we will have a booth for The Intellivisionaries. We're organizing the tournaments too - going to do a partnership of sorts on that with Intellivision Productions.

My co-host William (aka Burgertime) is confirmed to be there. Not sure yet about Rick, but we're hopeful. The 3 of us have never actually met in person yet.

We'll have more details about our CGE plans in episode 8. Stay tuned, as they say...

Holy Moley! For some reason I thought you guys were all roommates....like Tom Selleck, Steve Guttenberg, and Ted Danson in 3 Men and a Baby, only without the baby. So do you do the episodes on Google Hangouts or similar?

I prefer to think of it more the band members of GWAR, but perhaps that is just me.

Great episode . I went down to the country this weekend with my brother and one of his sons and we had a marathon Intellivision session .We played a ton of MLB Baseball and World Championship baseball We listened to the podcast while we were playing. MLB Baseball is my favorite game on the system and is so different then World Championship Baseball. My brother and I had plenty of tight MLB baseball games with score like 4 to 2 but when we played World Championship baseball the scores were more like 48 to 24 LOL but Great fun was had by all .

Great episode . I went down to the country this weekend with my brother and one of his sons and we had a marathon Intellivision session .We played a ton of MLB Baseball and World Championship baseball We listened to the podcast while we were playing. MLB Baseball is my favorite game on the system and is so different then World Championship Baseball. My brother and I had plenty of tight MLB baseball games with score like 4 to 2 but when we played World Championship baseball the scores were more like 48 to 24 LOL but Great fun was had by all .

That's awesome, Intellfan!

So you guys couldn't muster the hardware necessary to play World Series MLB too? Have you ever played it against someone (or at all)? There's definitely a bit of a learning curve...

• Like 1

That's awesome, Intellfan!

So you guys couldn't muster the hardware necessary to play World Series MLB too? Have you ever played it against someone (or at all)? There's definitely a bit of a learning curve...

I had the game and ECS at one time but have since sold or traded it away.I only played it a little never did get the hang of it . But didn't give it much of a chance. One thing I thought was funny was how huge my Intellivision looked with the ECS and Intellivoice all put together I had it on two TV trays LOL

I had the game and ECS at one time but have since sold or traded it away.I only played it a little never did get the hang of it . But didn't give it much of a chance. One thing I thought was funny was how huge my Intellivision looked with the ECS and Intellivoice all put together I had it on two TV trays LOL

Yeah. It's not as much fun as MLB or WCB. You have to put some time in to appreciate it. And even then, as we said, it's more of a simulation than a fast paced arcade experience.

Yeah, the "Intelli-chain" of hardware is impressive when you play WSMLB! Here's a shot of my setup when I was recording audio from the game for the episode:

post-19229-139632220274_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! Greatest coverage of a single classic video game (and it's close cousins) of any podcast ever. I just recently discovered that there were one player versions of these games and have had great fun playing WCB recently. Keep up the great work!!

Thanks, Chuck! That's the goal - cover every aspect of the console and every game in the library. We have a long way to go, but we're enjoying the ride so far!