IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 7 is up!

I'm this far :-D

0:00:00 – Turn on the tube TV to ch. 3, insert [baseball], power up, reset and hit the disc!
0:00:22 – The Intellivisionaries Theme (by Paul ‘Nurmix’ Nurminen)
0:01:45 – Welcome
0:13:41 – Non-Intellivision Mentions Of Significance That Are Primarily Retro Themed!
0:19:00 – Retrogaming Roundup Promo
0:19:11 – Intellivisionaries Promo 1
0:19:23 – Feedback – part 1
0:28:36 – wE trY oUr bESsst!
0:29:06 – Feedback – part 2
0:39:04 – RGR U here?
0:39:29 – Feedback – part 3
0:44:44 – “Lounge Shark! Lounge Shark!” – The Tilton-Tate Orchestra (Intellivision in HiFi CD)
0:47:59 – Intellivision Major League Baseball commercial (at the ballpark)
0:48:29 – L.A.S.T. (Listener Audio Submission Time) – Ferg & Greg Miller
0:57:18 – News!
0:59:04 – The Odyssey2 Speaks! (#1)
1:01:15 – The Odyssey 2 Speaks! (# 2)
1:12:44 – ColecoVisions Podcast Promo
1:13:02 – Intellivisionaries Promo 2
1:13:10 – Listener Interview: Steve Herold – part 1
1:54:36 – Inty chip tune break: “Battle” – Carl Mueller Jr.
1:55:28 – Game Gavel Promo
1:55:42 – Listener Interview: Steve Herold – part 2
2:20:49 – Baseball(s) REVIEW – part 1
2:27:09 – Intellivision Major League Baseball vs. Atari VCS Homerun commercial
2:27:38 – Baseball(s) REVIEW – part 2

Great job so far!

• Like 1

If you guys are planning to do a future episode on the football games, can you please include Super NFL Football as part of the discussion and see if you can find out why it was never released (even though it had been competed)?

Thanks!

Yep, we will include it. It may be a few episodes before we 'tackle' the football games though, after this 6 hour baseball(s) marathon!

Pardon the bad pun. I only did it because Rick likes puns so much... NOT!

No problem Nurmix - your best is awesome. Please keep on doing these. Love the interviews, commentary, tidbits, etc. And I also enjoyed the fact that you added interview with "regular" player/collector as well - thought that was a nice touch as well. Who knows maybe one day others and I will chime in.

Thanks for reply and again AWESOME JOB!!

Joe.

• Like 1

No problem Nurmix - your best is awesome. Please keep on doing these. Love the interviews, commentary, tidbits, etc. And I also enjoyed the fact that you added interview with "regular" player/collector as well - thought that was a nice touch as well. Who knows maybe one day others and I will chime in.

Thanks for reply and again AWESOME JOB!!

Joe.

As I've mentioned, there's an open offer to anyone here in the Intellivision community who wants to be on the show. Just ask and we'll set it up. I think it makes the show more interesting to everyone involved.

Also enjoyed the fan interview, by the way, this is the response I got from Keith when I asked him about the prototype screenshots from the old catalogs, including D&D:

Sorry: those early screens were artists' conceptions done before the games were finished or even begun, mainly for use in catalogs. Many of the planned features were never implemented when it became clear that the limited cartridge memory would not allow them. (...) If we do ever come across an early version of a game with features different from the release version, we will certainly include it in a future collection. Keep your fingers crossed, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Also enjoyed the fan interview, by the way, this is the response I got from Keith when I asked him about the prototype screenshots from the old catalogs, including D&D:

Interesting. I'll have to ask Keith about that the next time I talk to him.

Can't wait for Episode 8 - Sea Battle was one of my top-5 favorite games for inty - maybe as high as #1. I never lost a game of that one but didn't exactly have the best competition. Definitely would be nice to include at CGE if possible. I remember playing with my dad who was in the Navy and he used to get so pissed when I sunk all his ships with that deadly submarine. Very fond memories of this one! RIP Dad - thanks for buying me an intellivision when I begged for an Atari 2600 (didn't know what intellivision was).

As I've mentioned, there's an open offer to anyone here in the Intellivision community who wants to be on the show. Just ask and we'll set it up. I think it makes the show more interesting to everyone involved.

Hmmm, maybe it's time to offer myself up. (cue many easy jokes for Rev) :)

Can't wait for Episode 8 - Sea Battle was one of my top-5 favorite games for inty - maybe as high as #1. I never lost a game of that one but didn't exactly have the best competition. Definitely would be nice to include at CGE if possible. I remember playing with my dad who was in the Navy and he used to get so pissed when I sunk all his ships with that deadly submarine. Very fond memories of this one! RIP Dad - thanks for buying me an intellivision when I begged for an Atari 2600 (didn't know what intellivision was).

Thanks for sharing that, Joe, that's cool. Sea Battle was a go to favorite of mine as well, back in the day. I haven't had a really good game of it in a while though, due to the lack of a solid local competitor.

We are trying to figure out the best games to do in the CGE tournament. This is a definite possibility. We're open to suggestions on this stuff, by the way.

Agreed about the sub... and that little PT boat.

Totally agree on Sea Battle. It is a game I fondly remember playing against my younger brother. I won... usually. While we were mismatched, we weren't as mismatched as you were.

Someone really needs to give this game the "Super Pro" treatment.

• Like 1

No problem. I agree that I would love a Super Pro version of Sea Battle. Other than a strong computer opponent I really haven't thought too much of what I would want added - it really was well done as is. Maybe some added ships, planes for aircraft carrier, better graphics - just throwing some ideas out?

As for CGE - can't go wrong with Baseball and all other sports titles for that matter, Sea Battle, Snafu, Utopia, Frog Bog, Triple Action Bi-Planes, maybe Armor Battle, even Poker - just some suggestions and I'm sure I missed many.

Joe.

• Like 1

Getting further through the baseball marathon and wanted to share my opinion on the box titles. Specifically, iirc the boxes that just say "Baseball" are, aside from the Sears version, the foreign market releases by Mattel. I think you'll find the European and Australian markets got those boxes.

Getting further through the baseball marathon and wanted to share my opinion on the box titles. Specifically, iirc the boxes that just say "Baseball" are, aside from the Sears version, the foreign market releases by Mattel. I think you'll find the European and Australian markets got those boxes.

Interesting, I don't believe we even thought of that, thanks Steve.

What are your thoughts on the overlays? My original ones I got back in 1981 simply say "Baseball" on top. Pre-MLB license version, perhaps?