IGNORED

New NES game - Armed For Battle - real time strategy

Hi all,

Armed For Battle is my brand new strategy game for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
I've been working on it for over 2 years, and it is nearly ready for a cartridge release.

At Midwest Gaming Classic (April 12 & 13 in Wisconsin), I will have a special demo available to play.
I also have a demo available to play right now at my blog.
http://1010howe.blogspot.com/

Here are 3 trailers showing gameplay (a little old now):

Trailer 3 - showing Battle View

Trailer 2 - showing World View

Trailer 1 - showing Castle View where you build your town

(this view has been modified just a bit for the final product)

More recent videos (gameplay tutorials) are on my youtube channel.

The box and manual are currently in production.

IMG_8866_zpscd71fa64.jpg

PM me with your email, and I will send you important updates, such as the cartridge release.
Or you can watch my blog, which gets updated about every week.

afbbrochure600_zps771cd66a.png

• Like 5

Looks interesting but don't you think the steps in mapping the land are very tedious and time consuming? I can see walking over unmapped land to show whats there but selecting each square in advance then waiting for each square to get walked over then waiting for it to be revealed would drive me insane.

No offense intended it looks cool just too slow for my taste.

Not sure if it's something I'd play as I'm not the biggest fan of strategy games...

But it does indeed look very interesting. Great effort :D

I really like the box and manual,

it seems to be just that right kind of cardboard you'd find in game boxes of the time :)

Sweet! Count me in!

Great job! :thumbsup:

Can't wait till we also release our NES homebrew as well :)

Thanks! I checked out your products quick - very cool. Is your NES homebrew listed though (I only saw other systems)?

That looks like an awesome game! I have not read through the blog yet but I hope it will have a save feature so that you do not have to start over every time.

Troy

Each level in Story Mode has a password (not a LONG password like NES games usually have - it's a 4 character password using upper/lower case). You'll have to start at the beginning of the level, but you definitely don't have to play through the whole game in 1 sitting.

Looks interesting but don't you think the steps in mapping the land are very tedious and time consuming? I can see walking over unmapped land to show whats there but selecting each square in advance then waiting for each square to get walked over then waiting for it to be revealed would drive me insane.

No offense intended it looks cool just too slow for my taste.

Actually, I'm quite pleased with how the mapping turned out. You have 4 scouts that you can send out at a time. When they are fully upgraded, each scout can go out and map 5 squares each. Plus, you can send out 4 groups of Wizards (each group mapping 6 squares when fully upgraded). That's a lot of coverage once you get to the point of having things upgraded. It's just like any RTS where things speed up as you play. Also, when you send out guys to map the land, you'll be busy with other things like troop training, building your town, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...