IGNORED

Lemon 64 down?

It's still down... Arghh

Do they need a new host? New owner or what?

I run severial message forums (with Xenforo software) I could take over.

Or start a new classic computer board/forum. Not sure another one would take off though.

So could I and 2/3rd's of the people that were on Lemon64... my hosting service can auto install the exact same forum software and have it up and running in under 10 min...so ya, the real trick is getting people there,and then keeping them.

-John-

So could I and 2/3rd's of the people that were on Lemon64... my hosting service can auto install the exact same forum software and have it up and running in under 10 min...so ya, the real trick is getting people there,and then keeping them.

-John-

Man, aint that the truth for any new forums. It's ALOT of work to get people to actually use a new forum.

Very Rare for a new forum to catch on. I've been there more than once!!!

-John-

Not to mention the arduous task of moderating the forum...and debugging it all the time...and dealing with spammers/hackers...and providing general maintenance...and site updates...and regular back ups...and....

...yeah, that all sounds so easy! :lolblue:

Yep, also Lemon has existed since the 90's and is a huge repository of Commodore information and opinion.

Anyone searching for specific info on the C64 or Amiga will likely find Lemon in the first page of results, if not at the top. No new forum/site is going to achive that level of penetration (oo-err) anytime soon.

It'd be a huge shame if it were gone for good as - like Atari - Commodore has a huge following with people still developing software and hardware. It needs a home.

Ah, I'm sure it'll be back online soon :)

Card-carrying Commies need not panic. There's still The C-64 Scene Database and Commodore.ca and Landover BBS and Plus/4 World and Commodore16.com and Forum64 (German) and Ready64 (Italian) and Commodore64.se (Swedish) and supernumerary IRC channels and telnet BBSes. Oh and there's Atari Age too, but you knew that. :) If you want chat you got it.

Personally I'm more concerned that cbm8bit.com's disk search engine fell over and went boom. Of course, most of that stuff is just mirrored from SceneBase, anyway...

Actually, I am quite impressed with http://awesome.commodore.me/forum/ forums. More talking about all commodore products versus just the Commodore 64, thou. However, there is a Commodore 64 section. The people that run this forum are actually pretty active as well. I see Kitty every once in a while on the Slay Radio IRC when the BBB is on. The front page actually stays current on new items for the Commodore as well. If Lemon does not come back up, I'll be their and on the scene database site (for Commodore 64 related items anyway).

Lemon64 has always been my reference for C64. I have my collection listed there. It's my first stop to learn about a game (if it is not listed I go to Gamebase64)

For me it's the same as AtariAge for Atari related stuff.

I really hope Kim kicks it back online!

I do hope it comes back. Best unnamed feature of that forum is you could describe a game in even the barest terms and someone would chime in "Oh, it's THAT game". Had to do that twice. Once for Hero of the Golden Talisman and then again for Wizzard's Lair and even found out about Nebraska Joe from a guess and that game is fun as hell. Invaluable resource.