IGNORED

Coleco fans! SMURF RESCUE for Intellivision

Rev

Seeing as Retroillucid does not seem to be concerned about Peyo anymore, I think it's high time to revisit the idea of making a Smurf Rescue - Super Game as was originally planned by Coleco back in 1983/84. ;)

Umm Jim, now that you're an Inty guy too, this would seem like a good place for you to start your Inty homebrew collection...well, other than the ones I've sent you. ;)

The game was already a bit difficult to control with the joystick on the ColecoVision (it took some practice to master jumping) so I dare not imagine how it's going to work with the disc on the Inty's controller...

The game looks really good from the YouTube video though. :)

Jumps are controlled with the firebuttons and not by pressing up on the controller like the CV version. They made a good choice as I always hated pressing up to jump, even though I understand Co leco's decision to go this route thinking young kids would have an easier time with this control layout.

I second this. I would like to see super smurf. The default game I always play when I can't remember which colecogame I want to play first.

If no one else does then I might make my own version eventually after tanks.

Seeing as Retroillucid does not seem to be concerned about Peyo anymore, I think it's high time to revisit the idea of making a Smurf Rescue - Super Game as was originally planned by Coleco back in 1983/84. ;)

If no one else does then I might make my own version eventually after tanks.

That's the thing about Super Smurf Rescue, if you do your own version, you'll need to have all the screens/graphics that were found in various press kits and various articles, or else people will say it's not really Super Smurf Rescue. Please take this into consideration if you ever do your own version. ;)

Considering Intellivision 's side buttons, i would prefer the disk!!

It's a matter of taste I guess

I always hate the control scheme of the CV version

Speaking about colecovision version controls it was perfect for kids. It is very easy for young kids.

Yeah, back in the 80's

Today's kids are very smart

My son is almost 4 and already play some Megaman and Castlevania

• Like 1

Considering Intellivision 's side buttons, i would prefer the disk!!

Speaking about colecovision version controls it was perfect for kids. It is very easy for young kids.

Maybe the team of Childhood Buddies can implement a control option for choosing between pressing up or using the firebuttons to perform jumps OR both options for jumping can automatically be available. I haven't used an Inty controller in about 30 years, so I have no idea one way or the other, but if say a Super Smurf Rescue game was ever developed for the CV&ADAM, I would really prefer to have the firebutton option for jumping... maybe left fire for small jumps and right fire for big jumps instead of having to do the silly double jump.

My daughter, at the time 4 or 5, had a little trouble at first getting used to the jump function in Smurf, but mastered the jump function via firebuttons in CPK Adventures immediately.

Maybe the team of Childhood Buddies can implement a control option for choosing between pressing up or using the firebuttons to perform jumps OR both options for jumping can automatically be available. I haven't used an Inty controller in about 30 years, so I have no idea one way or the other, but if say a Super Smurf Rescue game was ever developed for the CV&ADAM, I would really prefer to have the firebutton option for jumping... maybe left fire for small jumps and right fire for big jumps instead of having to do the silly double jump.

My daughter, at the time 4 or 5, had a little trouble at first getting used to the jump function in Smurf, but mastered the jump function via firebuttons in CPK Adventures immediately.

I would definitely say use the side buttons for jumping on the Inty, not the disk. You could use the top buttons for small jumps and the bottom buttons for big jumps.

My sons were able to play Smurf on colecovision at 2.5 years old. they put the joystick on their legs , put one hand on the keypad to keep the joystick stable , and use the fingers of the other hand to move the stick.

At 2.5 year old it was not possible for them to hold the joystick normally and use the button.

It seems in France we have smaller hands than you guys! :lol:

This was my very first game I ever played on the ColecoVision, and I've seen the screen shots and gameplay for Smurf Rescue on the INTV, and it looks great. I'm also excited about the new controls, and smart move moving the jump to the fire button...the up jump on the CV was so tricky at times. I wonder if the Easter Egg with Smurfett in the end will be in this port as well? :-D