IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 11/25 (adventure)

vprette

What is the best game in the list  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best game from the following list

• AD&D (Mattel)
    • Tutankham (Parker - Konami)
    • Swords & serpents (Imagic)
    • Venture (Coleco - Exidy)
    • Tower of Doom (Intv)
  2. 2. Vote the best arcade conversion from the following list

• Tutankham (Parker - Konami)
    • Venture (Coleco - Exidy)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Tough selection. I went with Swords and Serpents, as it's the one my brother and I spent the most time playing together as a team. I'd play the wizard and he'd play the warrior.

Playing alone, Cloudy Mountain probably got the most of my play time of the selections.

Venture wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Tutankham looks like it was a pretty ambitious, good game; however, I didn't have it back in the day, and what little I've played in emulation didn't go very well for me. I had a similar game for the TI-99/4A called Shamus, and if Tutankham was actually anything like Shamus, I probably would have enjoyed it.

Tower of Doom is another I didn't have back in the day. The few times I've tried playing it in emulation, I didn't get very far. (Didn't help that it was always at a time when I didn't have the patience to really learn it.) But, I was impressed with how fancy it seemed.

In the end, I'll vote among the games I had back in the day and know well.

• Like 1

Anyone remember the 1st time they got down to final level 4 and read that 1st scroll that locked you in the room for the remainder of game - brilliant lol:-)

To read that scroll is a fool's folly. ;-)

For whatever reason, my brother and I would always "color-up" the text of the teleport scrolls: "Ye read, ye poop thy pants!"

Ah, to be in middle school again.

post-14113-0-26943200-1398055870_thumb.jpg

• Like 1