IGNORED

Songbird Productions is down right now.

NinSEGA

Hi guys:

I never purchased a game from Songbird. But I heard they make great products and I respect them for that!

Anthony...

I recommend that you should, especially Robinson's Requiem since that one was glass mastered. The games Carl has produced are officially licensed and are established intellectual properties of abandoned games that should have made while the Jaguar was alive (except for maybe Frog Feast which is just a lame homebrew).

Some of the companies that Carl has partnered with are Rebellion (known for the AvP series and the owners to Skyhammer), Bethesda Softworks (who is the IP rights owner to Protector), and Visual Impact (see Hyper Force at the bottom-middle-left corner of Visual Impact's website?). The packaging to them is professionally done, too. It's almost as if they were released back in the 1990s.

I recommend that you should, especially Robinson's Requiem since that one was glass mastered. The games Carl has produced are officially licensed and are established intellectual properties of abandoned games that should have made while the Jaguar was alive (except for maybe Frog Feast which is just a lame homebrew).

Some of the companies that Carl has partnered with are Rebellion (known for the AvP series and the owners to Skyhammer), Bethesda Softworks (who is the IP rights owner to Protector), and Visual Impact (see Hyper Force at the bottom-middle-left corner of Visual Impact's website?). The packaging to them is professionally done, too. It's almost as if they were released back in the 1990s.

Interesting! I'll take a look at them!

Anthony...

If you like platformers, I also recommend Krisalis Software's Soccer Kid. It's not as good as Marko's Magical Football, but it's still fairly decent. It's a bit on the difficult side since your only form of attack is using the soccer ball. DoctorClu and I have managed to come up with some passwords for people struggling with the game. I also posted them in a more organized fashion to GameFAQs. Keep in mind that it's a work in progress because how they are generated is still a bit of a mystery. Mine are generated from playing through the game normally.

And if you are into top-down shooters, Midway's Total Carnage is a tough one to play. I have only managed to get to the first boss fight which I think is Orkus, and that's after using the warps.

Keep in mind that since these games were abandoned late in development, they were unable to receive the proper bug-testing that they would have gone through had they come out originally. Soccer Kid is known for missing a few boss fights and disappearing sprites (to our benefit, I'd say), Total Carnage is missing its background music, and you can get stuck in hidden areas in Hyper Force. I'm not sure about the other games.

These releases are mostly complete otherwise and you should support the work Songbird Productions has put into releasing these games because getting the licenses and the original source codes is a tricky feat

Edited by NinSEGA

Hyper Force is great! Skyhammer is pretty good.

Respect Songbird with your wallet!

Just received Hyperforce today now the only one I'm missing is Soccer Kid :)

I agree 100% and will continue to support Songbirds efforts!

Will have to start on my lynx collection next they sell a few Gems for that as well ;)