IGNORED

INTV Best Game of All Times - Round 1 - 15/25 (Imagic vs Activision)

vprette

What is the best game in the list  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Vote the best game from the following list

• Pitfall (Activision)
    • White Water (Imagic)
    • Happy Trails (Activision)
    • Dracula (Imagic)
    • Safecracker (Imagic)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This is a pool to vote the best games ever for Intellivision :-)

There will be several pools of 5 titles each to cover the following categories:

- Best game of all time

- Best sport game

- Best shoot'em up

- Best arcade conversion

- Best producer

1st AND 2nd classified go to round 2!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Were are all those good games coming from!

Another tough pool.

Activision-Pitfall.jpgImagic-White-Water.jpgActivision-Happy-Trails.jpg

Imagic-Dracula.jpgImagic-Safecracker.jpg

I loved Pitfall! on the VCS, but was bummed at how "faithful" the Intellivision version was to the orginal. Actually, Stampede was like that, too. Activision's later releases were amazing, but those first two never really impressed me. I'd expected them to flex the Intellivision's muscle, as Imagic had w/ Demon Attack and Atlantis.

My vote went to Dracula, it being original and another graphically impressive title. Safecracker's 3D look is amazing, but it isn't as much fun. Happy Trails is good, but really just a clone of Loco-Motion, even though they did release it slightly before Mattel pushed Loco out the door. White Water! is pretty solid, too, but I still felt Dracula was more fun.

I loved Pitfall! on the VCS, but was bummed at how "faithful" the Intellivision version was to the orginal. Actually, Stampede was like that, too. Activision's later releases were amazing, but those first two never really impressed me. I'd expected them to flex the Intellivision's muscle, as Imagic had w/ Demon Attack and Atlantis.

My vote went to Dracula, it being original and another graphically impressive title. Safecracker's 3D look is amazing, but it isn't as much fun. Happy Trails is good, but really just a clone of Loco-Motion, even though they did release it slightly before Mattel pushed Loco out the door. White Water! is pretty solid, too, but I still felt Dracula was more fun.

in fact, anywhere I post Imagic games, those becomes winners of the pools!! Imagic is a serious contender for the Best Brand...

Edited by vprette

Go Dracula! I really like to see unique games and this one certainly qualifies. Biting people, knocking on doors, avoiding the cops, turning into a bat, creating zombies ... great, unique game.

Pitfall for me was fun, but I REALLY wish there had been a goal to finish the game with.

Dracula is creative, but not as fun as it seems like it ought to be. White Water is along similar lines. It's funny, several Imagic games are basically minigame collections in all but name...

Anyway, I picked Pitfall -- I thought it was an excellent conversion, myself.

Went with Pitfall - only one I had as a kid and enjoyed very much. Honorable mention to Dracula for awesome graphics/cool concept & originality, but it gets repetitive and I went w/Pitfall as it is quite challenging and I'm still 1 treasure short of completing - one day soon enough.

totally agree

I did buy dracula attracted by the graphic,, but the game was boring

Apparently, Peter Kaminski (author of the Intellivision port of River Raid) got in some trouble for making the Intellivision version of River Raid "better" than the Atari version. On the Intellivision version, you can fly over land so long as you don't hit a tree, whereas you can't fly over land at all on Atari. After that, it was ordered that the Intellivision and Atari versions of games should be as much like each other as possible.

At least, that's what I remember him saying at one of the panels at CGExpo.

• Like 2