IGNORED

How do I get CF working with Amiga 1200?

eebuckeye

If you do not have a CF reader for your PeeCee or Mac, you should get one.

After you download the lha.run file from Aminet, rename it to just lha and throw that in the Amigas C directory later.

Using your PeeCee or Mac, format the first partition of the CF card to anything under 2gb.

Copy those 3 files to the CF card, then insert into the A1200... icon should pop up, showing the card.

Now that you've copied lha to C, you can just open a shell and unarc the other files.

The Amiga 1200 comes with a driver to read FAT12 formatted floppy disks. Of course it assumes you've got a PC which can write to 720K floppy disks to start with.

In theory, you might be able to mount a CF card internally using a 2.5" IDE to CF adapter, format it as a hard drive, move it to the PC and mount in WinUAE, but I'd strongly look for a floppy drive to start with, just to transfer those few files you need to get get PCMCIA to CF working.

In theory, you might be able to mount a CF card internally using a 2.5" IDE to CF adapter, format it as a hard drive, move it to the PC and mount in WinUAE

That works yeah, or you can mount the CF as a hard drive in WinUAE, set it up with ADFs of Workbench and then connect it to the Amiga.

Point of clarification..

Do you mean Compact Flash in a CF/PCMCIA adapter? (where you'd need the cfd and fat95)

Or do you mean Compact Flash as a hard disk on with a CF to IDE adapter?

If the former, easiest would be to copy the files to a PC formated 720k floppy (assuming you have a PC with a floppy drive).

There's always serial transfer, but that can be tricky to set up initially.... (not too bad, but ..) and requires a serial port on the PC.

Actually, easiest easiest would be for someone to send you a floppy disk in Amiga format with those files on it..

Or you can get it from here pre-configured: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=694

(assuming you have a CF-PCMCIA adapter already)

If you are talking CF-IDE, then I'd say a CF adapter for your PC (your printer might have one; that's what I did first) and set it up in WinUAE).

desiv

On PC

1. Format IBM double Density floppy disk (720KB) in your PC (XP or Lower)

2. copy LHA files to that disk.

On Amiga (I'm not sure what is your Amiga configuration, do you have an HD already on it? But anyway.

1. You need to have WB 2.X or higher with a Storage Disk.

2. In your Storage Disk, Copy the PC0 icon from DosDrivers folder to the DEVS/DosDrivers folder in your System: partition or disk. This will enable you to read PC disks on your Amiga. Reboot.

3. Insert your PC disk and UnLHA your files

4. Copy Fat95 to L folder

5. Copy CF0 icon to Devs/DosDrivers

6. Copy CompactFlash.device to Devs folder

Reboot, and see if it works.

• Like 3