IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Thread for SPACE RAID - ORDER DIGITAL ROM NOW!

Rev

GAME DETAILS

- NO serial numbers for this release

- Shipping in June 2014

- Order as many copies as you want

- The initial batch is limited to 150, if all copies are purchased, a second batch will be made available in July

So I can expect to look for this at my P.O. Box, would this be shipping out today, Saturday, or Monday?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I can expect to look for this at my P.O. Box, would this be shipping out today, Saturday, or Monday?

Thanks in advance!

We will do our very best to ship it out in about 2-3 weeks from now! Thank you for your patience!

PM sent for refund request.

• 2 weeks later...

[whine]

I just took a look at my Acme Whine-ometer, and it says it is time to whine about the lack of updates again. July will soon be over, and as far as I know nothing has shipped.

The "Old School" thread has been "UPDATED WITH IMPORTANT INFORMATION"!!! Information! How cool is that?

Where's our important information? Aren't us Space Raid preorderers important too?

I know this is the first Collectorvision Intellivision game, and they've never had to deal with more than 8 bits at a time before.

I know that delays happen...

But, I would feel better if you gave us some hint about what is going on....

Thanks,

Catsfolly

[/end whine]

• Like 3

I know this is the first Collectorvision Intellivision game, and they've never had to deal with more than 8 bits at a time before.

That made me laugh

It's funny because it's true. That and a related item: the memory bus protocol of the Intellivision. It's taken way too long for me to get the PCBs ready for this, with a number of slowdowns such as dealing with noise from discrete latches, a crazy CPLD code error, three prototype versions, breaking consoles, etc.

My previous prototype was working well, and I've added edge connectors for programming the flash ROM and CPLD, and fixed the physical size of the PCB. The circuitry beyond that hasn't changed, so hopefully it will work well. This hopefully final prototype should arrive Tuesday.

post-3127-0-44260000-1406819497_thumb.png

If it does work well, my realistic estimate is that the games will start shipping in 5-7 weeks.

There's one more step I'll need a bit of help with. I'll need someone who has a number of Intellivision consoles and accessories to test a prototype with in short order. If you have quick access to 6-12 consoles, including different versions, as well as some of the accessories such as Intellivoice, and have some time available to do testing at the right time (hopefully in about a week), that would be helpful.

Edited by 5-11under
  • Like 5

It's funny because it's true. That and a related item: the memory bus protocol of the Intellivision. It's taken way too long for me to get the PCBs ready for this, with a number of slowdowns such as dealing with noise from discrete latches, a crazy CPLD code error, three prototype versions, breaking consoles, etc.

My previous prototype was working well, and I've added edge connectors for programming the flash ROM and CPLD, and fixed the physical size of the PCB. The circuitry beyond that hasn't changed, so hopefully it will work well. This hopefully final prototype should arrive Tuesday.

attachicon.gifintv.png

If it does work well, my realistic estimate is that the games will start shipping in 5-7 weeks.

There's one more step I'll need a bit of help with. I'll need someone who has a number of Intellivision consoles and accessories to test a prototype with in short order. If you have quick access to 6-12 consoles, including different versions, as well as some of the accessories such as Intellivoice, and have some time available to do testing at the right time (hopefully in about a week), that would be helpful.

I do. You know where I live.

I hope the two consoles I sold you still work?

attachicon.gifintv.png

Thanks for the update. I hope the testing goes well. All my Intellivisions are in my storage locker in California - I only have one Bandai Intellivision here in Japan, so I can't be much help in testing.

Last year I ordered a game (whose name I won't mention, but it involved rockets and their sound detecting organs)... To my surprise, a month after the original "estimated shipping date" I discovered that the design of the circuit board that the game was supposed to run on still hadn't been completed yet.

So when I ordered Space Raid, I asked about this and got a reply...

photo-thumb-11933.png?_r=1403980364 Posted by retroillucid on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:44 AM in Intellivision / Aquarius

catsfolly, on 28 Apr 2014 - 02:40 AM, said:

(Has the circuit board that this game runs on been designed yet? Just curious...)

Yes

So I guess I should have worded my question differently. Maybe "designed" was the wrong word. Maybe "finished", or "completed" or "fully debugged and tested" was the word I was looking for. :)

In any case, I am not "holding my breath" waiting for the release, I just wanted to hear what was going on.

Sounds like good progress is being made. The board looks cool - I like the Christmas colors.

The Intellivision multiplexed address and data bus is way more complex than the other retro systems.

Looking forward to playing Space Raid...

Catsfolly

• Like 1

The board looks cool - I like the Christmas colors.

That's just the colours the design software uses for top and bottom. Hopefully the colours look good for late summer, too. ;)

I don't recall the status on April 28 (so I can't comment on retroillucid's post), but when I saw Toby last week (in person!) he said the boxes and labels and such were ready to go; he's just waiting for the PCBs before putting everything together. I think I've got that correct.

• Like 2