IGNORED

SpartaDos X UILIB API documentation

ebiguy

Anyone having information about UILIB.DLL (the library used to display graphical user interface in text mode for SpartaDos X).

It is used by FDISK, UFLASH and moby other tools I don't know.

1) Who is the author ?

2) Is it a private library or may we use it to develop our own applications on top of it (any license) ?

3) Where can we find the latest release (web site, version,...) ?

4) Is there a documentation to use it as a developper (API, symbols, memory locations,...) ?

5) Is the source open ?

Anyone having information about UILIB.DLL (the library used to display graphical user interface in text mode for SpartaDos X).

It is used by FDISK, UFLASH and moby other tools I don't know.

The library is deprecated and not used by the most recent versions of any of these tools. If you're still using anything which calls this library, please update here.

1) Who is the author ?

Me.

2) Is it a private library or may we use it to develop our own applications on top of it (any license) ?

It was private, but has now been incorporated into a much larger, more capable text-mode UI library which one compiles into the application. I've already had one interested party contact me about using it (there's no license), so I'll be finding the time to make it fit for public use in the near future. I'll then offer the source code, documentation, and sample code.

3) Where can we find the latest release (web site, version,...) ?

See above. :)

4) Is there a documentation to use it as a developper (API, symbols, memory locations,...) ?

As I say - not yet, but there will be.

5) Is the source open ?

It will be, as soon as it's smartened up. ;)

• Like 1

The library is deprecated and not used by the most recent versions of any of these tools. If you're still using anything which calls this library, please update here.

I tried to get the 4 files prepared for CAR device (FDISK.COM and FDISKx.OVL) and put them in SpartaDos X on a MyIDE II cartridge but it fails to run.

FDISK loads from CAR: and then stops saying that it can not load D:FDISK0.OVL...

Does it really search in SpartaDos drive D: (which is D4:) ?