IGNORED

FOR SALE - PeST PS/2 MOUSE PCB's & kits

As many know , I stopped producing PeST in favour of spending time on more modern projects such as the CPU booster etc. Though I still have a lot of parts still available for anyone who wants to make up their own PeST. PeST PCB's I have a lot of (probably 100+), I still have a fair few connectors, capacitors, heatshrink etc.. So I am offering the parts so anyone who wants a small project can build this really easily.

All parts to make your own PeST , included programmed PIC (excluding PS2 cable) for just £5 + £1.50 UK post (overseas varies a lot, depending on services used so likely to be £5-£10 area).

PCB's alone 50p each. These are ideal if you want to make your own adapter using your own PIC code.

Cables can be picked up almost anyway, just PS2 extension cables, use the connector end for the mouse. As cable colour codes vary so much, I will put up a page which how to work out it out. Its only 4 wires. You can also wire any mouse that supports PS2 protocol directly onto the PCB instead if preferred.

All money from sales goes back into my development fund pot.

Also don't forget to check out my website for other items for sale.

• Like 1

Ace! Looking forward to it. Have already gutted the Atari mouse and filed out the space where the ball goes, will be using a Microsoft optical mouse. The two mouse buttons seem to line up almost perfectly, will post some pics when it's done.

Kit arrived today (my birthday!) and it works beautifully! Just got to swap the microswitches as they don't quite line up with the posts on the buttons on the mouse casing, otherwise me and my ST are happy bunnies :D

14j53x5.jpg

s6hhfs.jpg

2q0sw3k.jpg

35a21vs.jpg

ao5jf6.jpg

28qqdlx.jpg

Edited by Junosix
  • Like 2

Thats pretty cool stuff :) A brick mouse with optics has gotta earn'ya some geek points there ;)

Glad to know it all works good for you, happy B-day too :)

BTW- if ya ever do a "how to guide" on it, id be happy to put it on my site, I think it would be a useful thing for others who want to "geek out" a bit too :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can always get some more chips and program them if needed :), just I put together a set number of kits to use up what I had in stock, without having to buy more stuff. I have like 100 PCB's, but not so much of the other stuff ;)

Edited by exxosuk

LOL! Problem is I've spent around £300 this month on bits and bobs already! Got the kit today! Nice work on the PCBs, really compact - love the design. Shame you wont be doing any more =\. I associate PeST with you and Alison =(

Sadly lots of clones around these days though, so not suprised if its not worth time to assemble etc.

wow £300 is a lot on bits n bobs, lol Saying that I normally end up around that figure when doing a PCB run or something so its easily done. Glad you got the pcbs! I have over 100 pcbs I guess, so not going to run out anytime soon. Though you are right, it isn't worth building them up anymore. Time any money better spent on other projects these days :)

Yeah I have something like 1,000 emails from alison about various things, The last couple of years of emails ended up using my yahoo email for some reason and those got deleted, but probably just general ramble more than anything. I need to go though them all and sort them out really but never seem to find time.

wow £300 is a lot on bits n bobs, lol Saying that I normally end up around that figure when doing a PCB run or something so its easily done. Glad you got the pcbs! I have over 100 pcbs I guess, so not going to run out anytime soon. Though you are right, it isn't worth building them up anymore. Time any money better spent on other projects these days :)

Yeah I have something like 1,000 emails from alison about various things, The last couple of years of emails ended up using my yahoo email for some reason and those got deleted, but probably just general ramble more than anything. I need to go though them all and sort them out really but never seem to find time.

Regards those extra PCBs, might need some more yet =) I am going to try and do a Pe64. I will probably need to stream a couple of small wires due to the D pins not being mapped etc but in theory I think its possible to use that PCB with a PS2 input and some new code to output in the serial format the C64 expects. I've got the chips and PCBs now so its just a matter of coding I think. That said, I am a little nervous about connecting a PIC directly to the C64 input - as I think its straight into the CIA, not sure, it could be SID. More research needed before I start I think.

I have since realised that people have not been getting the instructions to assemble PeST in their emails, long story, but I have uploaded a quick "how to guide" in case anyone has missed it.

Thanks! I didn't spot the clock and data marks on the silkscreen or I wouldnt have said anything :roll: It looks pretty straight forward once you see those marks on the board.

Got the order thanks :) will be posted out in the morning. There seems to be some delay somewhere in the USA regarding the post, don't know if anyone knows anything about it ?

BTW- did you get a "thanks for your order" email ? I have just swapped over windoze 7 so don't really know if my mail settings are totally working yet :)

Got the order thanks :) will be posted out in the morning. There seems to be some delay somewhere in the USA regarding the post, don't know if anyone knows anything about it ?

BTW- did you get a "thanks for your order" email ? I have just swapped over windoze 7 so don't really know if my mail settings are totally working yet :)

Thank you for sending it out quickly. The only email I got was the paypal receipt.