IGNORED

32k in speech synthesizer

Gazoo

I'm not so sure that you are the only one interested in an RTC--most of the folks who want one have one in the form of an MBP, CorComp, or Myarc solution, so there is just a very low level of demand for a "new" solution. Even if I designed one into a board I plan to do for putting the 32K in the Speech Synthesizer--I am NOT an expert TI programmer, so the interface would have to be designed by someone else. . .

BTW, you could always put a 32K chip with a built-in RTC into the Speech Synthesizer solution--assuming everything is the same pin-out wise. I've seen those sold, and I already planned to make sure the board would support the NV SRAM chips too. . .so chip height would not be an issue.

• Like 2

Some RTC/SRAM chips access the clock registers at their highest bytes. Interesting effects can be expected, when the LOAD interupt vector changes due to advancing counters...

A clock/SRAM would make sense as a CRU activated device, the SRAM could hold the DSR for clock access. Lower RAM addresses should be write protected to protect the DSR (accessible only for DSR updates).

I've seen those sold, and I already planned to make sure the board would support the NV SRAM chips too. . .so chip height would not be an issue.

Cool, I'll wait to see how it all works out. :) Now my family thinks I'm NUTZ devoting so much time and energy into this old computer, but for me it's a hobby with a whole lot of nostalgia rolled into the equation.

I also have a couple of goals.

1) I want to eventually get my TI up to and exceeding the level it was at when I got out of it.

2) I want to be able to actually USE IT for some day to day practical stuff too.

I guess I can keep hope alive a little longer. THANKS!

• Like 1