IGNORED

100 cartridge club

Noah98

I just hit 100 unique (not counting doubles) atari 2600 cartridges! (Actually 104.) I've been picking them up here and there for $1 a piece and just having fun. I still haven't made a dent in my top 10 wish list, but I'm just enjoying picking up what I can.

I'm sure many members here have far more than that but it's cool to see who else reached the milestone. Sign here if you are in the 100 cart club and list the last 2600 game you got.

Last game that I picked up = Winter Games

• Like 10

552 for me, assuming my database is up to date.

(I'm kind of cheating though, I have a lot of label variations.)

Impressive! How many unique (non variants) carts out of the 552? For example, for mine I excluded Target Fun since I already counted Air and Sea Battle.

I'm at 820. I don't count label variations with the same name from the same manufacturer. For example I wouldn't count the Combat text label and Combat picture label as two carts (although I do keep both variations) but I would count Tank Plus from Sears as a separate cart. I count Asteroids from Atari and Asteroids from Sears as two titles also.

• Like 1

Impressive! How many unique (non variants) carts out of the 552? For example, for mine I excluded Target Fun since I already counted Air and Sea Battle.

A quick count says only around 350, not counting Sears and Atari Corp. re-releases.

(I didn't realize I had that many label and cart variations!)

I'm at 440 myself on the 2600. I think the last new cart I picked up was Glib.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a specific count on the number of carts total for the 2600? I saw someone posting above with 820 but based on my database that's just about every cart ever made. Of course I'm not counting anything released outside the US or homebrews as I don't collect either.

784 if I count all the label variants, foreign releases, hacks and homebrews. About 430 if I just limit it to unique, original US releases. It's been years since I added anything, so can't remember the most recent find.

Edited by krslam
  • Like 1

I would consider the Sears Telegames variants as unique. But I would not count label variants, where you can get really nit picky, as unique -- but those are kind of fun to find. I never knew that Atari Corp released stuff on the old picture labels for example.

I have 9 at the moment. :)

Back in my heyday, though, I had around 400-600, including all my extras.

Here they are:

post-37779-0-08288700-1399753621_thumb.jpg

And some manuals:

post-37779-0-46944900-1399753631_thumb.jpg

This neat little fellow runs the maze in search of PEZ, when wound-up:

post-37779-0-52581300-1399753651_thumb.jpg

(Sorry for the flash....I'm trying to improve, but it can be tricky with ape hands and a crappy camera.)